Page 1 of 127 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Free Agent Rumors

Post any rumors you here about free agents here.

Baker Mayfield only wants to go to a team where he can compete for a starting job. Even if it's not an outright competition but somewhere with a weaker starter he'd be interested. That leaves out the Rams but the 49ers, Texans and Falcons are all teams that fit what he wants.

Carson Wentz is okay with being a backup. He's making no demands and would be happy being on a roster. It's very different from Baker. Wentz has made a lot of money so he's not looking for the biggest contract. A team with no cap space like the Bucs may be interested since he'll work for food. I could also see the 49ers who say they want a vet but also don't have much space being interested. Shannahan might think he can 'fix' Wentz like so many others have tried to do.

The hottest free agent QB? Jimmy G. Last year the 49ers couldn't give him away coming off shoulder surgery. The guy gets hurt yet again and this time a whole bunch of teams are very interested. He's expected to get more than Geno, more than Carr but less than Danny Dimes. I think he's fine but not at that price

Re: Free Agent Rumors

Idk where but Baker was linked to Tampa Bay
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Let it happen. I don't understand the obsession with him some of the guys on the board have with him. #1 overall and staring at his 4th team?

No thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    That completely fits what Baker is looking for if they can find the cap space to sign him

Please sign Baker Tampa. Take him off our list

Blog Entries

The Bucs created $44 million in cap space the past 2 days. They cut Fournette, Brate and Donovan Smith. They restructured Vita Vea, Godwin, Ryan Jensen and Carlton Davis. They are now down from $53 million over the cap to $5 million over the cap. Incredible how teams do this

Blog Entries

The Lions are trying to bring Jamaal Williams back. He rushed for 17 TDs last year. In his 5 previous seasons combined he only had 12

The interest comes that when he is playing his best he was at a level only 15 or fewer current qbs can reach. Not saying that is a predictor of future success, but simply capability. I also believe he was a victim of playing hurt his last year with Cleveland. His play was night and day from the year before and he was playing with a mess of injuries. That of course doesn’t explain his horrible play with Carolina last year.

Much like other high profile backup qbs, the drama and news he brings might not be worth the squeeze, but I certainly understand the interest.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Lions are trying to bring Jamaal Williams back. He rushed for 17 TDs last year. In his 5 previous seasons combined he only had 12
    His TDs were mostly from inside the 5 lol

Blog Entries

I think Mayfield is either back to Rams or maybe SF

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Saw the Ravens attended the OBJ workout.

12. Re: Free Agent Rumors

Hearing/reading about Ben Powers:

"Powers has gone from being in a competition to win a starting job in his contract year to a sought-after interior blocker. The Ravens have veteran deals at left tackle, right guard and right tackle and a franchise tag at quarterback, pointing Powers to the market. A former fourth-round pick with starter experience in three seasons, Powers allowed just one sack on 633 pass-blocking snaps in 2022.

The Ravens have moved on from a few starting O-linemen in recent years. They let Kelechi Osemele defect to the Raiders, allowed Ryan Jensen to join the Buccaneers, traded Orlando Brown Jr. to the Chiefs and did not retain Bradley Bozeman. This trend should lead Powers out of Baltimore, too. Powers graded as PFF’s second-best pass-blocking guard last season, though the advanced metrics site did not think much of his run-blocking. That said, ESPN’s run block win rate graded Powers second overall at guard.

Alex Cappa and Austin Corbett each signed for $8.75MM per year in 2022, while Laken Tomlinson received $13.3MM on average. The latter brought a better track record; a deal in between these recent accords — perhaps closer to Tomlinson’s — will be logical for Powers.

Best fits: Bills, Texans, Raiders"

Sure be nice to find a way to keep him.