Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 22 of 22

Thread: 2023 O's

  1. Re: 2023 O's








  2. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Olney, MD (Baltimore native)
    Posts
    1,780

    Re: 2023 O's

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Don’t follow the Mets but winning 101 games last season (despite elimination in the wildcard round) and spending all of that money, you would think their ownership wouldn’t give up with two months remaining this season. Mets fans and Buck Showalter I imagine must feel like the ‘rug was pulled out from under them’.





  3. Re: 2023 O's

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Don’t follow the Mets but winning 101 games last season (despite elimination in the wildcard round) and spending all of that money, you would think their ownership wouldn’t give up with two months remaining this season. Mets fans and Buck Showalter I imagine must feel like the ‘rug was pulled out from under them’.
    Agreed.





  4. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Olney, MD (Baltimore native)
    Posts
    1,780

    Re: 2023 O's

    Team ERA of 3.99. Important threshold finally crossed in late August. All season long, every time they approached it they suddenly pitched poorly - like it made them nervous. We’ll see if they can stay below 4.00 this time. Last year’s staff still looks better.

    CCx





  5. #17

    Re: 2023 O's

    Despite the won/loss record - glancing through the seasonal box scores - nobody is having what appears to be the OUTSTANDING CAREER YEAR. Everybody seems to be playing within their normal expectations.
    Never too old for a happy childhood!






  6. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Olney, MD (Baltimore native)
    Posts
    1,780

    Re: 2023 O's

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Despite the won/loss record - glancing through the seasonal box scores - nobody is having what appears to be the OUTSTANDING CAREER YEAR. Everybody seems to be playing within their normal expectations.
    That’s not altogether true. Ryan O’Hearn is certainly having a career year (his tenth). Frazier is also in terms of HRs.





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Olney, MD (Baltimore native)
    Posts
    1,780

    Re: 2023 O's

    I seem to be alone on this concern but facing any team in the postseason with an ERA over 4.00 (Texas, Houston, even Atlanta) would be a psychological advantage for us IF we finish the regular season under 4.00. It would also give our starters and bullpen just a little more confidence. That could conceivably make a big difference without Bautista being available.

    Orioles currently sitting on 4.00 exactly. With six games to go, all at home, we surrender no more than 23 earned runs (645 total) we make it to 3.99.

    Pitching is still the name of the game. But do I really think we’ll achieve it? Probably not, but it’s worth shooting for in any case.

    CCx





  8. #20

    Re: 2023 O's

    2023 AL East Champions!
    Never too old for a happy childhood!






  9. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Olney, MD (Baltimore native)
    Posts
    1,780

    Re: 2023 O's

    Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    2023 AL East Champions!
    Against the best division in baseball. Almost every team with a winning record. Believe Orioles won all four season series. That was unthinkable through last season!





  10. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Olney, MD (Baltimore native)
    Posts
    1,780

    Re: 2023 O's

    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Against the best division in baseball. Almost every team with a winning record. Believe Orioles won all four season series. That was unthinkable through last season!
    Correction: 6-4 against Boston; need one more win to clinch the season series FWIW.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland