Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Steve Saunders FIRED

Terrible move. Saunders is one of the best in the business and- ahhhhh I’m just kidding. It’s about fucking time!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Well…bye.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Americans who most mishandled COVID-19:

1. Steve Saunders
    2. Donald Trump
    3. Andrew Cuomo

Thanks Biscuit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    You realize they is just a different way of building around a young QB, right..: WR’s aren’t the ONLY way to build around a QB.

The Quarterback's main job is the throw the football. You damn well better give him WRs. Unless, of course, you really view your QB as a RB. Which is what Harbaugh viewed Lamar as.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    It’s still annoying though like why are they making all the right moves NOW with the Lamar situation in flux? We should have been making these moves 2 years ago.
    You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all of the people none of the time.

Oh I definitely don’t think this is all on Lamar at all. I blame Harbaugh the most. I blame EDC for being weak because I know he didn’t want to build the roster like this deep down. Lamar has acted immature in response to the situation.

My issue with Lamar is how much he’s painted as a victim contract wise when he isn’t. The Ravens offered him an amazing deal and it’s portrayed as some slap in the face because it’s not the Watson deal. He has every right to demand what he wants, I don’t care about that. But let’s stop this narrative that the Ravens are lowballing him or don’t want to pay him.
    Lamar isn't a victim nor are the Ravens. This is negotiations. The media sells thus narrative and people buy it.

8. Re: Steve Saunders FIRED

“mOnKeN wEnT 6-10, 5-11, and 5-11 aS OC”

“Monken was the offensive coordinator, but Kitchens called plays. Sources around the Browns this past year describe Monken as trying to guide the offense in the right direction even though somebody else was calling plays. Monken was “put in a box,” one source said, but he did not speak up or cause problems.”

Yep, it was all his fault the Browns(worst organization in all of sports) sucked.
    Oh, no, you're right, I was only comparing Roman and Monken, Roman never did as bad in the NFL as Monken did in his last 3 years.

Monken, I guess did great with the Browns. The Browns got worse after he got there, and better after he left. The Bucs got better after he left.

I was on the Browns board in 2019, and, even right in the beginning, there, like now, the Monkenteers had excuses before anything happened, and are quick to point the finger of blame away from Monken.

Roman, everywhere he went, never a record as bad as 5-11 or 6-10.

Bucs get better when he leaves, Browns get better when he leaves.

But the argument in favor of Monken is ok. It's not, at all, that Monken is better than Roman though. The argument is that Lamar wants to throw a ton and not run very much at all. The Ravens need to persuade Lamar to stay. The Ravens brought in an OC with a track record of throwing a ton and not running very much. That should be a signal from the Ravens to Lamar that the Ravens are going to play a type of football that Lamar wants to play, and Lamar will be happy, so please stay Lamar.

The Ravens should win more games with Lamar than without Lamar, and if these moves bring Lamar back, then the Ravens should do solidly well with Lamar and Monken. But Roman is better. But Lamar didn't want to do Roman offense anymore. So, it did seem to boil down to Lamar or Roman. And the Ravens chose Lamar, because fans get really pissed off when teams let their big star MVP QB leave.

If the Ravens are unable to bring Lamar back, you're looking at Jameis Winston and/or Baker Mayfield and/or Stetson Bennett. That looks to me like 6-11. But hey, so many of you guys want that fresh hotness of the Air Coryell system. Don Coryell developed that system 45-50 years ago, but you think that's new. Fine.

The Ravens have a good defense, improved the defense in the middle of the season, so, who knows?

The Ravens went to the playoffs every year from 18-22 except one year where Lamar missed too many games. Lamar + Roman = Playoffs.

Lamar no longer wanted to do what worked. So, keep Lamar and try this other thing, Air Coryell, which went 6-10, 5-11, 5-11 the last 3 years with Monken. Lamar is great. Tack on x number of "Lamar is great" wins. Maybe that gets to the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Those two things aren't the same. For one, the comments about the number of OCs has always been about the number of bad OCs he's hired, who mostly happened to be family friends.

This current discussion is how he doesn't make multiple changes at once very often. John likes consistency. We're looking at a new OC, new strength and conditioning coach, new RB coach, new QB coach, and new WR coach at minimum. That's a lot for Harbaugh. Add in supposedly revamping the WR room.

Anybody who's been paying attention can guess that John didn't just randomly decide to make all these changes without a little push
    Could it be that Harbaugh spoke to Lamar and ask Lamar how he would like to see the offense look. And these hires are trying to cater the offense to Lamar? Tee reportedly has a good relationship with Lamar. The injuries in back 2 back seasons are enough to get the strength coach canned. Taggert is a Harbaugh guy. I can see Keith Williams getting the WR coaching job. He was working with the WR more than Tee during the times I was at camp practices.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    1. Joe Biden

Fixed it.
    LOL! No matter how partisan you are … there is no sane person that can claim Sleepy Joe handled COVID worse than ole little boy Trump.
    When spider webbs unite, they can tie up a lion

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Humphrey View Post
    LOL! No matter how partisan you are … there is no sane person that can claim Sleepy Joe handled COVID worse than ole little boy Trump.
    More people died in a shorter period of time WITH a vaccine, Wtf are you even talking about???

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The Quarterback's main job is the throw the football. You damn well better give him WRs. Unless, of course, you really view your QB as a RB. Which is what Harbaugh viewed Lamar as.
    Not when he is Lamar Jackson who is the best running QB in NFL history and can also sort of pass…

Any other team that signs him will view him similarly. There has been lots of talk that Roman is sitting on the sidelines because whatever team signs Lamar is going to hire him.

Wouldn’t that just chap your ass…. Lmao