Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Terps beat #3 Purdue

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    His first class wasn't a full one either
    The 2023 class (the ones about to come in) is his first real class.
    I can't see counting 2022 as #1. That's #0.

Williard strikes me as having coaching chops that are far more akin to Gary Williams than the dreadful Turgeon. He is also a pretty good recruiter so far in his career.

Personally, I loved the hire. The guy did well at Seton Hall with limited resources. He will be a good coach. A worthy successor to the Lefty and Williams legacies unlike Turgeon who was a turd IMO
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Julian Reese set a pick today that put a WVa player on the bench with the trainers, for a shoulder stinger. I'm not sure he ever returned. And the Terps won! Payback: accomplished.

Great effort from Maryland. They were down big in both halves, scrabbled their way back and survived to advance. It ain't always pretty, but they're a tough & hard-fighting group.

The song will probably end against Bama on Saturday, but this season has been a gift. Willard has laid a tremendous foundation for the future of the program.
    Finally someone else on this forum remembers that awful loss to WVU in 2015. Believe it or not, I just finished watching Thursday’s game (playback after ~ 36 hours)! That is probably the best Terps NCAA game I’ve seen since Gary Williams retired. I know they have their hands full in the second round BUT I have a very good feeling about this senior-laden team.

Lost to Alabama in 2021 by 19 but that Terps team was solid except for one thing: no big man in the middle. VERY frustrating.

I find it interesting that Terps game was played BEFORE Alabama’s. Gives us more time to prepare for the meeting Saturday night (#8 versus #1).

CCx
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 03-18-2023 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    …This Terps team has next to zero chance of making a final four run.
    IF (a big IF) Terps upset ‘Bama, they take over their No. 1 slot. #4 UVA is already gone; would have been their foe in the sweet sixteen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    IF (a big IF) Terps upset ‘Bama, they take over their No. 1 slot. #4 UVA is already gone; would have been their foe in the sweet sixteen.
    Make the free throws and they’ll hang to the end. Can’t leave those off the board. I’m not counting them out. Coach made Terps fun again.

6. Re: Terps beat #3 Purdue

FDU beat them too…just saying lol

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Make the free throws and they’ll hang to the end. Can’t leave those off the board. I’m not counting them out. Coach made Terps fun again.
    Like me you recognize how exciting it is to have a shot at the team considered the best in the country. Just the notion of ending their season is awesome. Cannot find any detailed history if Terps have ever beaten a No. 1 seed this early in the NCAA tournament. Doubt it.

You have to admire this team’s perseverance in how they battled back against WVU (could have folded early on). THAT makes them dangerous. Willard refused to be outcoached by the celebrated Huggins. Any team that overcomes its own mistakes is very hard to beat. I’ll be very surprised if Terps don’t give ‘Bama a contest.

Have been waiting for Terps to transfer their success at home (16-1) to the road. This team is on the verge of surprising the nation. Just a feeling.

CCx

Against WVU, with about 45 seconds remaining, Donta Scott’s rebound of his own missed shot ultimately preserved the victory. That was the clincher from the team leader. Hoping his knee holds up.

Predictable end to the season. Terps played their ASSES off on defense; but they just could not score after Juju went to the bench with foul trouble. Outstanding effort and hustle; could not match the talent.
    On to the offseason!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Williard strikes me as having coaching chops that are far more akin to Gary Williams than the dreadful Turgeon. He is also a pretty good recruiter so far in his career.

Personally, I loved the hire. The guy did well at Seton Hall with limited resources. He will be a good coach. A worthy successor to the Lefty and Williams legacies unlike Turgeon who was a turd IMO
    Turgeon had some absolutely stacked teams that completely flamed out if you gave him 1990 UNLV he’d find a way to screw it up.

Julian Reese has a lot of hard work ahead of him in the offseason. Otherwise, Terps will need a disciplined & experienced replacement to pick up where they left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    Julian Reese has a lot of hard work ahead of him in the offseason. Otherwise, Terps will need a disciplined & experienced replacement to pick up where they left off.
    They're not replacing Juju come on man.