Flacco Is The Real deal

I went up to the practice on yesterday (the morning session) and while I won't go into great detail, I will say that Joe Flacco will be as good as advertised.

I could see that he still needs adjustment to the gamespeed of the NFL, but he really is at an advantage to have to practice against this defense. He won't see many that are better.

I can go into his crazy laser arm (I could hear the ball zipping on his passes) and the better than expected scrambling ability, but what I like is his work ethic. I could see that he is hell bent on getting better and being good/great at this level. He was working tirelessly out on the field at improving on his weak areas. He seems to be a no-B.S. type of guy.

I really do think we are in good hands with Flacco. That saidI think he will be best served to sit for the start of the regular season. I do see where he could get into games before the end of the season.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Blog Entries

Re: Flacco Is The Real deal

I'll agree with that sentiment. He ain't perfect yet, but when he's on, MAN, it looks good to see a Ravens QB throwing and moving like that. For a rookie, he's definitley showing a promising start. I think he sits this season until we're out of playoff contention. Next year is Flacco's year, assuming the OL really starts to gel together.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    I went up to the practice on yesterday (the morning session) and while I won't go into great detail, I will say that Joe Flacco will be as good as advertised.

I could see that he still needs adjustment to the gamespeed of the NFL, but he really is at an advantage to have to practice against this defense. He won't see many that are better.

I can go into his crazy laser arm (I could hear the ball zipping on his passes) and the better than expected scrambling ability, but what I like is his work ethic. I could see that he is hell bent on getting better and being good/great at this level. He was working tirelessly out on the field at improving on his weak areas. He seems to be a no-B.S. type of guy.

I really do think we are in good hands with Flacco. That saidI think he will be best served to sit for the start of the regular season. I do see where he could get into games before the end of the season.

I went Sunday afternoon. The practice lasted about 90 minutes and it seemed like the majority of that time was running pass plays. The three qbs rotated a play a piece. They were shorts so there was no real contact.

That is all I have seen this year but I came away from that seriously believing that if we go 8-8 it is going to be a really good year. I think Boller can at least give us that with a healthy defense. Smith was erratic, threw a lot of poorly thrown balls...the defense seemed to be getting their hands on his balls frequently. Boller was just as bad.

Flacco threw a couple lasers that were pinpoint. I was standing right on the sideline for a 20 yard one where the ball traveled directly at me and seemed to no higher than 12 feet the whole time. It was a great perspective. He looked attentive in practice and enthusiastic. That being said, he threw a lot of balls that were sloppy like Smith and Boller.

It was only one practice but I am not feeling like we a have a QB that is going to be able to take charge of an offense. Then again I am not sure when I last felt that way. I am actually looking forward to watching these guys during the preseason. At least it can't be to painful if it doesn't really count.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    It was only one practice but I am not feeling like we a have a QB that is going to be able to take charge of an offense. Then again I am not sure when I last felt that way. I am actually looking forward to watching these guys during the preseason. At least it can't be to painful if it doesn't really count.
    It's just training camp but that is *exactly* how I felt, watching them last Wednesday. Exactly.

Galen, we can hope we're wrong, and that's about it.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

i think another three way quarter back switch season is in store
    :D ;) :D