Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2023 Annual Forking

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    He'll sign before FA starts. Ravens can't begun to build the team until this is resolved.
    https://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Desc...contract-talks

Ravens and Jackson "could possibly be" $100 million apart in contract talks

The Baltimore Ravens and quarterback Lamar Jackson "could possibly be" $100 million apart in contract talks over how much guaranteed money should be in his contract according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.

Fowler quotes an executive as saying "And it could become a standoff, because I wouldn't expect him to sign the tag for a while ... And they will be so far apart in the guaranteed money." Lamar Jackson's contract figures to be one of the NFL's premiere offseason sagas even after the Ravens tried to throw cold water on it during a presser in January. Deshaun Watson's fully-guaranteed contract is a massive outlier born of his leverage via a no-trade clause and several teams pursuing him, but it's possible that Jackson gets a large portion of his deal guaranteed from the Ravens or from a team that trades for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

The Baltimore Ravens and quarterback Lamar Jackson "could possibly be" $100 million apart in contract talks over how much guaranteed money should be in his contract according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.

Fowler quotes an executive as saying "And it could become a standoff, because I wouldn't expect him to sign the tag for a while ... And they will be so far apart in the guaranteed money." Lamar Jackson's contract figures to be one of the NFL's premiere offseason sagas even after the Ravens tried to throw cold water on it during a presser in January. Deshaun Watson's fully-guaranteed contract is a massive outlier born of his leverage via a no-trade clause and several teams pursuing him, but it's possible that Jackson gets a large portion of his deal guaranteed from the Ravens or from a team that trades for him.
    So nothing new here

He'll sign before FA starts. Ravens can't begun to build the team until this is resolved.
    Facts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL "could possibly be"

Ravens and Lamar could possibly be signing the contract as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post

All this is saying what they think is going on. The even say it's possible that Lamar gets a large portion of his deal guaranteed from the Ravens. This really isnt saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    So nothing new here
    Right

Blog Entries

All this is saying what they think is going on. The even say it's possible that Lamar gets a large portion of his deal guaranteed from the Ravens. This really isnt saying much.
    It's Fowler who is a big reporter at ESPN talking to someone described as an 'Executive'. From the Ravens? Don't know. What's it's telling me is that they are very very far apart. Without an agent it's going to real tough for both sides to close that gap in a month when the tag deadline hits.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Clark and Edwards may have trade value. I’d they do, they will likely be moved.

We have no power RB aside from Gus. He was grossly misused by Roman. A good OC will use him and play to his strengths. If healthy, Dobbins and Gus are a very good 1-2 punch with Hill as the #3 back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    LOL "could possibly be"

Ravens and Lamar could possibly be signing the contract as we speak
    They closed $100 million gap just like that? The season ended 3 weeks ago and they aren't getting anywhere. There is only 1 month before the tag deadline. The Ravens and Lamar almost halfway through the time they have and they're nothing positive to report. We're not even getting the teases that keep getting released Barkley or Daniel Jones. If someone is leaking this to Fowler it's to make Lamar look unreasonable so when he doesn't come back the Ravens can put the blame on him. We wanted him back but it take 2 to tango as DeCosta said weeks ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    We have no power RB aside from Gus. He was grossly misused by Roman. A good OC will use him and play to his strengths. If healthy, Dobbins and Gus are a very good 1-2 punch with Hill as the #3 back.
    Justice Hill is an unrestricted free agent. Unless it's on the very cheap he won't be back either

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Agree, but cap space may be at a premium and maybe someone else sees him as a starter?

Are we going to sign Dobbins long term? Maybe moving on from Gus and drafting a mid round power back replacement is a win?

if i am the Ravens i do restructures of andrews, humphrey and stanley and kick the can down the road because if healthy we could get to the super bowl. i can not see us trading chuck, duvernay, nor edwards. i suspect the extend Zeitler. if huntley is 2.6-4.5M he is G-O-N-E! Go with Brown!