2023 Annual Forking

Who gets it this time around?

Marcus Peters - We wont really be able to afford him if we wanted him back

Lamar - We all know of this ongoing situation

Watkins - Back to back years of getting forked

Ben Powers - Likely to get paid much more money elsewhere

Jawuan James - Cannot stay healthy

Kenyan Drake - We need to get someone younger at this position
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Blog Entries

Re: 2023 Annual Forking

Calais Campbell, Chuck Clark, Gus Edwards, Michael Pierce, Devin Duvernay. Some will have the options to take pay cuts to stay but I'm not sure any will. Zeitler I think they extend to get his number down. QB tags are damn expensive. Drastic measures are going to have to be taken.

Blog Entries

Jeff Z did a detailed article this morning: https://theathletic.com/4134434/2023...son-decisions/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Who gets it this time around?

Marcus Peters
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Calais Campbell, Chuck Clark, Gus Edwards, Michael Pierce, Devin Duvernay.
    Yikes! add Justin Houston to these lists.

I think that Decosta will try hard to keep Clark & Duverney, who were key components of the 2022 season.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Jeff Z did a detailed article this morning: https://theathletic.com/4134434/2023...son-decisions/
    I hadn't read that article when I made my post. It's kind of depressing that it's the same guys I wrote because I honestly I want most of these guys back. I'm hope I'm wrong but even the title of the article is the same reasoning. Even is always complaining that Lamar doesn't have enough weapons. In order to keep him he's going to end up with a lot less.

Calais Campbell, Chuck Clark, Gus Edwards, Michael Pierce, Devin Duvernay. Some will have the options to take pay cuts to stay but I'm not sure any will. Zeitler I think they extend to get his number down. QB tags are damn expensive. Drastic measures are going to have to be taken.
    What?? Pierce and Duv are still under contract! Y'all are pessimistic lol

I'd hate to see Gus go. He's my favorite Raven--doesn't make an ass of himself in the press or on social media and always plays hard.

I think it's really unlikely Lamar plays on the tag

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    What?? Pierce and Duv are still under contract! Y'all are pessimistic lol
    That's the whole point. Duvernay made the Pro Bowl which pushes his cap number to $4.5 million. Cutting him saves $4.3 million. The Ravens can't afford a return guy who is #4 WR at that number. Pierce has played 11 games in the past 3 years combined. Can he stay healthy? Cutting Pierce saves $2.1 million.

Go listen to Brian McFarland. If the Ravens are going franchise Lamar even at the non-exclusive number they must create space. The Ravens don't use void years like most other teams. That means to lower cap number you either have to extend players, restructure or cut them. It's pretty obvious they aren't looking for more Brandon Williams type bloated restructures. That leaves extensions or cuts. Replacements have to come from much better drafting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I think it's really unlikely Lamar plays on the tag
    It doesn't matter if he plays on the tag. If no deal is done before March 7 they have to tag him even if they want to trade him. The Ravens have 1 month to get a deal done or they have to start making cuts. They aren't letting Lamar hit the free agent market and getting back a 3rd round comp pick. Whether Lamar plays on the tag or not he's going to get tagged and they have to create space to do it.

That's the whole point. Duvernay made the Pro Bowl which pushes his cap number to $4.5 million. Cutting him saves $4.3 million. The Ravens can't afford a return guy who is #4 WR at that number. Pierce has played 11 games in the past 3 years combined. Can he stay healthy? Cutting Pierce saves $2.1 million.

Go listen to Brian McFarland. If the Ravens are going franchise Lamar even at the non-exclusive number they must create space. The Ravens don't use void years like most other teams. That means to lower cap number you either have to extend players, restructure or cut them. It's pretty obvious they aren't looking for more Brandon Williams type bloated restructures. That leaves extensions or cuts. Replacements have to come from much better drafting.
    They routinely restructure nearly every viable candidate every year.

As an example Ronnie Stanley was NOT restructured last year, which shows the Ravens restraint due to his injury concerns. After returning, playing at an extremely high level and ending the season healthy, he is a virtual lock to get restructured along with Humphrey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clark and Edwards may have trade value. I’d they do, they will likely be moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk