2023 Annual Forking

Who gets it this time around?

Marcus Peters - We wont really be able to afford him if we wanted him back

Lamar - We all know of this ongoing situation

Watkins - Back to back years of getting forked

Ben Powers - Likely to get paid much more money elsewhere

Jawuan James - Cannot stay healthy

Kenyan Drake - We need to get someone younger at this position
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Blog Entries

Re: 2023 Annual Forking

Calais Campbell, Chuck Clark, Gus Edwards, Michael Pierce, Devin Duvernay. Some will have the options to take pay cuts to stay but I'm not sure any will. Zeitler I think they extend to get his number down. QB tags are damn expensive. Drastic measures are going to have to be taken.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Calais Campbell, Chuck Clark, Gus Edwards, Michael Pierce, Devin Duvernay. Some will have the options to take pay cuts to stay but I'm not sure any will. Zeitler I think they extend to get his number down. QB tags are damn expensive. Drastic measures are going to have to be taken.
    Clark and Edwards may have trade value. I’d they do, they will likely be moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn’t read the Jeff Z article. It’s behind a firewall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Couldn’t read the Jeff Z article. It’s behind a firewall.
    For some reason, I was able to read the whole thing and I don’t have a subscription. It really hammered home that we will lose a shitload of talent most of us would like to keep, if we don get Lamar to sign an extension or trade him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Clark and Edwards may have trade value. I’d they do, they will likely be moved.

We have no power RB aside from Gus. He was grossly misused by Roman. A good OC will use him and play to his strengths. If healthy, Dobbins and Gus are a very good 1-2 punch with Hill as the #3 back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    We have no power RB aside from Gus. He was grossly misused by Roman. A good OC will use him and play to his strengths. If healthy, Dobbins and Gus are a very good 1-2 punch with Hill as the #3 back.
    Justice Hill is an unrestricted free agent. Unless it's on the very cheap he won't be back either

Agree, but cap space may be at a premium and maybe someone else sees him as a starter?

Are we going to sign Dobbins long term? Maybe moving on from Gus and drafting a mid round power back replacement is a win?

Dobbins also thinks (and he's right) that he has been grossly misused. And that on an offense that ran the ball a lot.
    Ideally you keep both and if the offense goes more pass happy you must cut the snap count to at least one of them but hey, nice problem to have.

If they tag Lamar, the numbers game says Edwards is a likely candidate to be traded for little dead cap. And you give Dobbins the carries he demands on the final year of his rookie contract, hoping he doesn't get injured and you are forced to play Drake or whatever second rate RB you have filled that room with.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Calais Campbell - I think he will retire

Marcus Peters - He did not look good at all last year. I think we'll be going CB early in the draft to replace him

Ben Powers - As EDC eluded to in the end of season presser, I think he played himself into a pay day from someone else in FA

Gus Edwards - I think he stays. He's the only RB under contract aside from Dobbins in 2023. He still has the best chemistry with Lamar with the mesh on read option plays which I think there will still be an element of with the new OC. I think we'd rather keep him instead of saving $4.5m in cap to then have to back fill another hole with our limited draft picks.

Michael Pierce - He'll be here again. He's still very effective when healthy. Too much upside to bother with creating another hole for a lousy $2m in savings.

Kevin Zeitler - Unless he retires, he'll be back.

Devin Duvernay - I don't understand the discussion with cutting Duvernay. He's a great returner and solid option at WR where we're incredibly thin.

11. Re: 2023 Annual Forking

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post

Marcus Peters - He did not look good at all last year. I think we'll be going CB early in the draft to replace him

Ben Powers - As EDC eluded to in the end of season presser, I think he played himself into a pay day from someone else in FA

Gus Edwards - I think he stays. He's the only RB under contract aside from Dobbins in 2023. He still has the best chemistry with Lamar with the mesh on read option plays which I think there will still be an element of with the new OC. I think we'd rather keep him instead of saving $4.5m in cap to then have to back fill another hole with our limited draft picks.

Michael Pierce - He'll be here again. He's still very effective when healthy. Too much upside to bother with creating another hole for a lousy $2m in savings.

Devin Duvernay - I don't understand the discussion with cutting Duvernay. He's a great returner and solid option at WR where we're incredibly thin.
    Agree with most of this with 2 caveats:

1) I could see Calais back for "one last ride" depending upon what we do on the other side of the ball; this D is good enough to win a championship and that's a strong motivator

2) Peters playing worse than his reputation may play to our favor. Any club signing him is "buying low" and hoping for a bounce-back year as he gets further removed from injury. A one-year "Jimmy Smith Special" could be best for both parties.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post

The Duvernay discussion is all about money. He made the Pro Bowl as a Restricted Free Agent which means his tender is $4.3 million. That's a lot for a returner/3rd or 4th WR. That's the issue. It's not that people don't like him. It's about looking at where the Ravens can save money because of the tag for a QB. There just aren't a ton of places.