Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 29303132 LastLast

Re: Wide Receivers in the Draft

Bateman, like Oweh and Cleveland are still on rookie contracts. They're worth more to keep and play out their contracts with us.

All we get if we trade any of them for draft picks is an opportunity to draft another player who may or may not pan out.

Sometimes players in their option years raise their games. Let's just let these players play out their contracts.

If they ball out we get a positive result. Do we then re-sign them? Don't know but it's a risk we'll have to take.

To trade them and get another player in the draft we just go through the whole process. There's no guarantees in the draft.

Blog Entries

Itís wasted money. Heís not good enough to solve a problem, youíre not picking up his fifth year option. Youíre not paying him after the season. Youíll be better off taking a chance on a 5th round WR in a WR heavy draft.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Itís wasted money. Heís not good enough to solve a problem, youíre not picking up his fifth year option. Youíre not paying him after the season. Youíll be better off taking a chance on a 5th round WR in a WR heavy draft.
    The chance that a 5th round pick is better than him in year 1 is barely above 0Ö.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s wasted money. He’s not good enough to solve a problem, you’re not picking up his fifth year option. You’re not paying him after the season. You’ll be better off taking a chance on a 5th round WR in a WR heavy draft.
    IF someone would be willing to give you 5th. If not then what?

In the mean time you let him play out the season on a cheap contract and hope he balls out.

If he balls out then you either re-sign him or he walks and we get a comp pick hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Trade Bateman? IMO if possible no team would give more than a late round pick. I don't like Bateman, but he's more valuable to the Ravens in 2024 than a 6th round pick. I see him in Baltimore this year, then in 2025 it's Sayonara Rashod... Bc
    Nailed it bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    IF someone would be willing to give you 5th. If not then what?

In the mean time you let him play out the season on a cheap contract and hope he balls out.

If he balls out then you either re-sign him or he walks and we get a comp pick hopefully.
    Heís not even going to get the opportunities to ball out with the guys in front of him on the priority list unless we throw the ball more. Which few seem to actually want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The chance that a 5th round pick is better than him in year 1 is barely above 0….

The 5th rounder is a smokescreen, obviously.

He just wants Bateman out so there is a hole in the roster. A tiny hole, if we are to believe his own words about Bateman's worth, but hey, a hole nonetheless.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    The 5th rounder is a smokescreen, obviously.

He just wants Bateman out so there is a hole in the roster. A tiny hole, if we are to believe his own words about Bateman's worth, but hey, a hole nonetheless.
    Bingo, thatís what Iím calling him on, yes

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Bingo, that’s what I’m calling him on, yes

It has already started.

Bateman is a punk/He does nothing on the field therefore we definitely need a WR now. Both can be true but the former cannot lead to the latter, FFS.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    It has already started.

Bateman is a punk/He does nothing on the field therefore we definitely need a WR now. Both can be true but the former cannot lead to the latter, FFS.
    Well it's all apart of the larger narrative to protect Lamar at all costs. He's already made his intentions crystal clear that he cares less about winning and more about Lamar looking good.

He’s not even going to get the opportunities to ball out with the guys in front of him on the priority list unless we throw the ball more. Which few seem to actually want to do.
    Well I guess he will get the opportunity now that he's extended through '26.

Guys, check out the chart in the "Hear me out" thread from QuoteDaRaven on page 2. It is an incredible breakdown of what a gigantic mathematical mistake it is to take any WR that is not a Tier 1 player in the first round. Sorry I posted this same thing in another WR thread, but I think it is one of the most important breakdowns I have ever seen on the NFL draft.