Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast

Wide Receivers in the Draft

I like Baldy's idea of doing a single thread for each position, so here are some of my favorite receivers to get us started.

A.T. Perry, Wake Forest, 6’5, 200#

Big, fast, good hands. Limited route tree. Went in expecting to see a contested catch monster, but he was open on most of his catches. Favorite WR. And yes, I’m including all the ones above him in the rankings. A lot of mocks have him going in the second. Honestly, I'm a little hesitant taking him in the first but if the top three CBs are gone and we can't trade...

Andrei Isoivas, Princeton, 6’3, 212#

You’d think an Ivy League OC could design a passing system more complex than telling his receivers to run deep. You’d also think that an NFL OC could design an offensive system more complex than “Lamar fast”, but here we are. Isovias is tall, fast, good hands and apparently pretty smart since he went to Princeton. We need a deep threat to back the defense off. This cat has plenty of speed. I’d actually be interested in finding out if him or Hyatt from Tennessee ran more go routes this year. Not enough tape to determine if he has the fluid hips to run great routes.

DERIUS DAVIS, TCU, 5’10, 170#

There’s speed, and then there’s Ain’t-no-way-in-hell-this-is-fair speed. Davis has the second. He’s short, slight, plus he tends to let the ball get into his body. And if you’re throwing it deep to him, you’re an idiot. Instantly one of the better return guys in the league who can do a lot of damage on screens and end-arounds. We need another RaC guy to go along with Duvernay, and Davis is that guy.

JADAKIS BONDS, Hampton, 6’4, 205#

Bonds is purely a numbers pick. Priority free agent unless he goes sub 4.4 at the combine, which I doubt. He is a tall receiver with decent thickness and quick feet, but as the biggest and fastest in whatever league Hampton is in, all he had to do was run really fast towards the goal post. I’d like to bring him in to see if the ability to separate on routes is there. I don’t think he’d make it to the opening day roster, but he could be an intriguing practice squad stash.

PUKA NACUA, BYU, 6’2, 205#

Have you ever wondered what Devin Duvernay would look like if he were four inches taller. And Polynesian? Well wonder no more, imaginary internet person, because Puka Nacua is here. Seriously, they are exactly the same player with a little bit of height difference. Violent play style? Check? Lack of fluidity in the hips minimizing route effectiveness? Check. Names that sound like knock-off Pokémon characters? Absolutely check. Puka will probably never be the number one receiver on an offense, but will carve out a fairly long career as a solid number two/great number three.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Re: Wide Receivers in the Draft

Trying to evaluate prospects from these highlights is impossible. You have to go back to games and fast forward your way through them. I like AT Perry too but if I was just watching those highlights there is no way I'd believe he could succeed in the NFL. Wide receivers don't get the time to set up that those highlights focus on.

Blog Entries

If the Ravens draft WR they will be a bust. I have zero faith that this organization knows anything about drafting wide receivers at all.

I believe in the front office on most things, but seriously who ever the think is the best in their top 10 receivers should trade the pick or ask the fucking janitor to make the pick for them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'd love for the Ravens to figure out how the Steelers scout & evaluate the wide receiver position and use that as a template going forward.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

My favorite WR prospect is Jordan Addison. He has elite speed and lateral movement. He’s a great route guy. He reminds me a lot of Devonta Smith of the Eagles.

Another guy I really like is Zay Flowers. He’s not a big guy, but he plays a lot like Tyreek Hill. He’s explosive downfield and turns into a RB after the catch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    My favorite WR prospect is Jordan Addison. He has elite speed and lateral movement. He’s a great route guy. He reminds me a lot of Devonta Smith of the Eagles.

Another guy I really like is Zay Flowers.
    If Jordan Addison is there at #22 I don't think you hesitate to select him. And I do like Zay Flowers as well, but unless the Ravens move around he will probably be gone before their 3rd rounder, and I don't think I would use #22 on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    If the Ravens draft WR they will be a bust. I have zero faith that this organization knows anything about drafting wide receivers at all.

I believe in the front office on most things, but seriously who ever the think is the best in their top 10 receivers should trade the pick or ask the fucking janitor to make the pick for them.

Hollywood was damn good for us and got us back a 1st round pick and Bateman when he has been on the field has been a stud, even with the limited opportunities Greg Roman gave him. If we have Bateman and Lamar our offense is clicking all season and we are in the Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

I don't like these 175 pound. We need some size especially if Lamar is going to be here. He's not a finesse passer and someone with long arms and some size would go a long way. Quinton Johnston is 6'4 205 and one of the top receivers in this draft.

Xavier Hutchinson was someone I wanted to read about at the Senior Bowl. It was good with Hutchinson getting lots of hype in practice. He's 6'3 210 and has some real moves to beat man coverage.

Jonathan Mingo of Ole Miss looks is another guy in the tradition of DK Metcalf and AJ Brown. He's a beast at 6'2 225 and I hope we don't get fooled again and pass on this guy like we did the others.

Damn your posts are starting to look more and more like mine every day.

Blog Entries

If history is a measure, then it's likely true. I do think EDC will try to trade our pick as we only have five (1,3,4,5,6) coming up.
    BTW, don't underestimate the janitor. After the last Super Bowl, he cleaned up... Bc

Penn State WR Parker Washington 5' 10" 215lbs. Body like a RB, plays a little like Steve Smith. Very strong, can play all over the field.

Watched couple videos on him already,

WV Wide Receiver Bryce Ford Wheaton. Not many great videos on him. 6' 3" 225lbs. He tracks the ball and catches it well (Reminds me of Anquan Boldin). He is a big strong physically built WR, Can play well on the sidelines and goes up over DBS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't like these 175 pound. We need some size especially if Lamar is going to be here. He's not a finesse passer and someone with long arms and some size would go a long way. Quinton Johnston is 6'4 205 and one of the top receivers in this draft.

Xavier Hutchinson was someone I wanted to read about at the Senior Bowl. It was good with Hutchinson getting lots of hype in practice. He's 6'3 210 and has some real moves to beat man coverage.

Jonathan Mingo of Ole Miss looks is another guy in the tradition of DK Metcalf and AJ Brown. He's a beast at 6'2 225 and I hope we don't get fooled again and pass on this guy like we did the others.
    I wouldn’t be sad with any of those guys. I just think Addison is someone that will be an elite player from jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.