Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Climate Change - Do you worry?

Certainly. Why wouldn't I?

We've been lucky for hundreds of years with a relatively stable climate. It's been warm enough for us to prosper, grow, and develop. However, as evidenced from around 11-12,000 years ago during the Younger Dryas events, climate can change rapidly. The poles can shift at a moment's notice, which has also happened in the distant past.

There are super volcanos around the world, including Yellowstone. If that were to erupt, our entire country would be eradicated or close to it. Some populations may be spared along the east coast, but it would be catastrophic.

What I don't buy into is the leftist and corporate power grab that climate change has become.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I see Ford expects to lose $3 billion on its electric vehicle department this year, Sounds like a great investment. Go green, wallet get lean. I'm sure Biden will make things right $$$$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Certainly. Why wouldn't I?

We've been lucky for hundreds of years with a relatively stable climate. It's been warm enough for us to prosper, grow, and develop. However, as evidenced from around 11-12,000 years ago during the Younger Dryas events, climate can change rapidly. The poles can shift at a moment's notice, which has also happened in the distant past.

There are super volcanos around the world, including Yellowstone. If that were to erupt, our entire country would be eradicated or close to it. Some populations may be spared along the east coast, but it would be catastrophic.

What I don't buy into is the leftist and corporate power grab that climate change has become.
    So in other words it's the perfect thing to pretend you alone can control/have the solution to therefore when things get bad use it to say I told you so and seize power and crush dissent.

We are due for a good shake in CA as well. I would not be surprised if we had on in the next 10-20 years or sooner. I'm sure they will blame it on Climate change as well.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 03-24-2023 at 03:42 PM.

Climate Change - Do you worry?

Edited out
    Last edited by Irish Raven; 03-25-2023 at 01:02 AM.

5. Re: Climate Change - Do you worry?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    I see Ford expects to lose $3 billion on its electric vehicle department this year, Sounds like a great investment. Go green, wallet get lean. I'm sure Biden will make things right $$$$$$$.
    But.....but.......https://www.foxnews.com/auto/ford-la...-pickup-trucks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I didn't see a projected price on this new Millennium Falcon. It's ridiculous that these car companies can't even come up with new names of these vehicles. Instead they reuse the names Falcon, Mustang, Maverick etc. I guess they're afraid a new name might be deemed racist, misogynist, gender offensive etc. I think I stick with my F150 with it's time tested 5 Liter ICE. I get 25 mpg highway and can tow my boat with ease without searching for a charging station before getting back home. It's good to see Toyota and Honda have not jumped all in on this electric craze. They appear a little more in touch with reality. Their vehicles are much better built anyway and hold their value better anyway.

Blog Entries

The bottom line on climate change and the green new deal. Always follow the money.

https://www.breitbart.com/environmen...limate-change/

Blog Entries

Today's the day fake climate scientist, Greta Thunberg predicted the end of “all of humanity” if we continued using fossil fuels. Another swing and a miss for the Al Gore, John Kerry type doomsday freaks.
    https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...day-june-21st/

The problem with this crisis has always been the 10,000 foot view. All one needs to know about how fabricated this is, is to simply zoom out several timesÖ. The scale they keep looking at and showing us is completely useless. 100 or even 200 years is such a tiny snapshot of a 110,000 year natural cycle.

The natural cycle should peak out soon, if it hasnít already. Maybe man has made this peak a touch higher, or maybe even allowing the peak to be a bit longer lasting, but we havenít done close to enough to stop the next ice age in 50k years or so.

Even if we have created an inescapable feedback loop, it will be millions of years before that is actually disaster out to manís ability to inhabit earth: In general, warmer temps is actually positive due to the abundance of land mass north of 45th parallel that is currently mostly uninhabitable. Perhaps tropical coastal areas eventually go underwater, but vast plains in Eurasia and Canada will become habitable. The carrying capacity do the Earth will actually increase if the man made portion of Global Warming is as extreme as it is(itís certainly not however).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The problem with this crisis has always been the 10,000 foot view. All one needs to know about how fabricated this is, is to simply zoom out several times…. The scale they keep looking at and showing us is completely useless. 100 or even 200 years is such a tiny snapshot of a 110,000 year natural cycle. . .
    Absolutely. This planet is 4.5 billion years old. It has been much hotter and much colder many, many times.

So I occasionally see "but the speed of the increase is like no other time before."

BS. While we can use various methods to determine previous temperature RANGES for APPROXIMATE time frames we have no idea how quickly these adjustments happened.

And in any case the proposed fixes won't make any kind of real dent into the problem they imagine.

And from my worldview perspective I certainly don't worry about it. As a Christian I am expected to care for God's world. But I will leave Him to handling the dials to make the necessary adjustments regarding the temperature of the earth.
    Last edited by Greg; 06-24-2023 at 04:06 PM.

11. Re: Climate Change - Do you worry?

Underground Climate Change. Wow. Who knew.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/17/world...scn/index.html
    Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex. ― Frank Zappa