Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: Lamar voted top 5 QB by his peers

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    He’s not a generational talent unless you “run him into the ground”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Completely disagree. He has shown that he can be an elite passer … use him that way. Allow him to improvise his runs and he would be borderline unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Humphrey View Post
    Completely disagree. He has shown that he can be an elite passer … use him that way. Allow him to improvise his runs and he would be borderline unstoppable.
    When has he shown to even be a good passer without the benefit of an elite run game? Dating back to college he has only ever operated in massively run biased schemes….

You are guessing and projecting based on extremely limited information.

When has he shown to even be a good passer without the benefit of an elite run game? Dating back to college he has only ever operated in massively run biased schemes….

Complete and utter horseshit. You spew your nonsense and gloat over Harbaugh and Romans record (yet refuse to acknowledge the QB who has carried them to those wins and stats) = PRICELESS

He thrived in college in a passing offense.

He has some of the highest passer ratings including last season week to week.

Mahomes does not lead every category week to week.

You would think 99% of the board telling you that you are wrong on a daily basis would sink in at some point.

Tyreek HIll is an Elite WR

Lamar Jackson is an Elite QB

Orlando Brown is one of the best OTS in the NFL

Just three topics you have been wrong on that come to mind. lol

Lol ☠️

Is Lamar elite? When he is on and in a rhythm he is truly one of the scariest guys in the NFL. Too often though (through either his own or coaching errors) it doesn't look that way. I'm truly hoping Harbaugh doesn't fumble this OC search because we have yet to see Lamar play at that level consistently.

in 2021 3 RBs all went down before the season. We had no elite run game. In fact we even had a washed up Bell running the ball at one point. 12 Games in he was top 2 in MVP talks and Ravens were #1 in AFC. Now move the goalpost..

Further more even to get deeper in what you were trying to articulate really was an obsurd premise to begin with. Lamar has only been in a running style offense with Greg Roman. So how could he "Shown to be a good passer" as you say without a run heavy scheme, when that's all we have had the opportunity to see?

That's like saying "Show me where Mahomes has shown to be a good passer without the Best TE in football and Andy Reids passing genius offensive scheme.

But being in a "Run heavy scheme" doesn't make a QB a good passer or elite. Titans had top 2 running games behind Derrick Henry and not once was Tannehill anywhere near a top 5 or top 10 QB or passer during that time.

So even the assumption that an elite running game makes your QB look better in the passing game doesn't hold water.

Why wasn't baker Mayfield an MVP with that top 2 run game in Cleveland?

Again JB we know your motive is to attention whore by just throwing out Lamar hate so people can respond. But you have to at least put forth an effort to put together a coherent somewhat half intelligent argument.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Ok, fair enough. Truce.

Maybe I thought you were lumping in a lot of us into the Lamar must go no-matter what bucket. It sounds like you aren't.
    Truce counter-signed. No worries. Glad we worked it out. The misunderstanding is a natural by product of threads that go ten pages where you are reacting to a continuation of the conversation without having seen or recall the earlier details. I don't expect people to recall what I wrote earlier in the tread. No harm no foul.
    "That's what."
    — She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This season alone: Lamar starts and finishes the game: 25 PPG. Lamar doesn't start: 13 PPG. With the worst passing scheme and worst WR corps in the league. That is absurd production by Lamar when you consider the circumstances. It's not as if we gave him the top WR duo in the league, Andy Reid calling plays, and he did that. We gave him literally thee worst WR corps in the league, and worst passing scheme, and he still did that.

The Pro Lamar crowd is simple:

From a character standpoint, the speeding video was dumb and the 'Eat a dick' tweet was a really bad look. But nothing else has pointed to him being a villain. He's allowed the team to treat him like a RB for five years and played through any number of injuries. Too much to question his toughness, dedication or willingness to sacrifice for the team. He was really hurt, but Harbaugh wouldn't just say so and it led to a ton of heat falling onto his head, when afterward the players said they saw him limping around and knew he wouldn't play. He made a tweet afterward which either meant he would have still tried to play (He would have been a statue) if he were paid, or that maybe when you have a generational talent you don't run him into the ground like a glorified RB and maybe he wouldn't be hurt so much. We literally just traded a second round pick for, and signed to a 100m contract, a LB who publicly took a blow-torch to his entire organization, when he admittedly hadn't even talked to Ownership about the issue. So, we're not going to sit up here and get our underwear in that much of a bunch, over some little social media tweets.

From a player standpoint, there isn't a single QB whose asked to do more with less. When you combine the passing scheme, weapons, overall philosophy and him being asked to do so much as a runner. So, I can understand him saying, 'No, I'm not just going to take 5-10m more fully guaranteed than Kyler Murray, who had everything handed to him and still couldn't do squat'

We love our team, but that doesn't mean we'll defend every decision they make and we recognize that if Lamar could have this offense posting 25 PPG, while playing through numerous injuries, imagine what he would do in a legit passing scheme with legit WRs. I mean, go watch Atlanta. Go watch the sort of catches that Drake London and Kyle Pitts had to make for their QBs, because their QBs sucked. Go watch Miami and see how hard it was for Tua to take full advantage of the speed they had on the outside with Hill and Waddle. We're not fooling ourselves into believing that we can just sign Jimmy Garappolo, DJ Chark and score 20 PPG. But we're also not naive enough to think that even if Lamar settles for less, that we'll suddenly surround him with high quality WRs, finally, after five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    in 2021 3 RBs all went down before the season. We had no elite run game. In fact we even had a washed up Bell running the ball at one point. 12 Games in he was top 2 in MVP talks and Ravens were #1 in AFC. Now move the goalpost..

Further more even to get deeper in what you were trying to articulate really was an obsurd premise to begin with. Lamar has only been in a running style offense with Greg Roman. So how could he "Shown to be a good passer" as you say without a run heavy scheme, when that's all we have had the opportunity to see?

That's like saying "Show me where Mahomes has shown to be a good passer without the Best TE in football and Andy Reids passing genius offensive scheme.

But being in a "Run heavy scheme" doesn't make a QB a good passer or elite. Titans had top 2 running games behind Derrick Henry and not once was Tannehill anywhere near a top 5 or top 10 QB or passer during that time.

So even the assumption that an elite running game makes your QB look better in the passing game doesn't hold water.

Why wasn't baker Mayfield an MVP with that top 2 run game in Cleveland?

Again JB we know your motive is to attention whore by just throwing out Lamar hate so people can respond. But you have to at least put forth an effort to put together a coherent somewhat half intelligent argument.
    He was never higher than 6th in betting odds, but thanks for the revisionist history.
    2021 Ravens 3rd in total rushing yards, 5th in YPC.

You are EXACTLY making my point. In Hs, College and Pro’s we have ONLY ever seen him in a run heavy offense.
    I am not “currently” saying he can’t succeed in a pass first scheme; simply stating it is a complete projection because it’s not something he had ever even tried. I think it’s unlikely, but that is simply my opinion. What is fact, is that he has never had the opportunity to try, and again, opinion, there’s likely a reason for that.

Petrine always ran a pass heavy pro-style scheme, except when Lamar played and he ran Lamar more than Roman did AND he had him hand off more than Roman did. The version id the Petrino Offense that Lamar actually ran featured the pass game as a compliment to a dominant running game(fact).

You make a fair point with Mahomes and you are entirely within your right to make that claim. My opinion is to disagree, but we would have to see it to prove it. We now saw him without Tyreek and nothing bad happened.

Sure, you want to say Lamar is a better passer than Tannehill? I’m with you. There is a big delta between him and Mahomes.

I don’t hate Lamar at all. He’s the best running QB ever. I just find it completely wild that people want to play him as a pocket passer and not “run him into the ground” when that is literally what makes him elite…

The reason you don’t think there are any Lamar Stans, is because guess what, you are one of them. And guess what, I’m one of the majority in the middle, and not a hater at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Because he is. Have you seen him sling it? Can make every throw. Team record is a team effort
    It's not 1985, it's a QB-driven league now. If you are not winning, it's most definitely on your QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    It's not 1985, it's a QB-driven league now. If you are not winning, it's most definitely on your QB.
    So then our playoff losses are all Lamars fault? The Buffalo loss with all those bad snaps where he got injured was Lamars fault?

12. Re: Lamar voted top 5 QB by his peers

I don’t hate Lamar at all. He’s the best running QB ever. I just find it completely wild that people want to play him as a pocket passer and not “run him into the ground” when that is literally what makes him elite…

And guess what, I’m one of the majority in the middle, and not a hater at all.

Bingo!