Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 10/300?

Blog Entries

Re: 10/300?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I want predictions; hold you guys to your prognostications. I could give a shit less about the details of the contract; all I can say is it is nuts to pay a guaranteed contract to a QB. Especially Lamar, who has missed the end of the season twice had direct outcomes to not making the playoffs and losing in the playoffs.

Can't win without him, I keep hearing. Well, he isn't here if he is on his couch bitching on IG about treating something good or whatever that stupid fucking post was after the playoff loss.
    RavenwinWoodlawn and I, have a friendly wager going. We both agree that Lamar is going to be paid more than 133m fully guaranteed (Expected 5 year deal), on his new deal with whatever team he's traded to. I think it will surpass 200m fully guaranteed. RaveninWoodlawn thinks it won't.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Let me be clear, even if Lamar does take a Non-Fully guaranteed deal (Possible), to end up with better WRs. He will still end up with so much fully guaranteed money that it would render your proposal obsolete.

It’d be like, imagine he only gets 180m full guaranteed over five years. That’d still be over 70m fully guaranteed more than he would have got from the Ravens over five years, 37m minimum if the Ravens come back with a new five year offer at 133m fully guaranteed. His third contract could put him well over 400m fully guaranteed during the same time, if not 500m fully guaranteed.
    And Mahomes got only $6 fully guaranteed over 10 heads(really 12, and if you pulled out his 4th and 5th gear like you are doing here it was closer to $30m over 10 years.

You post basically this same post over and over and make yourself sound more ignorant every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Joe Burrow is clearly IMHO worth a Mahomes type deal and I actually think that's probably where him and the Bengals go.
    I don't think the Bengals can afford Burrow for 10 years. He is already 26 and wouldn't make it to 30 with the way he is getting beat up with that O line each year. Besides Brown is such a tight wad. I could see him getting paid with another team though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I want predictions; hold you guys to your prognostications. I could give a shit less about the details of the contract; all I can say is it is nuts to pay a guaranteed contract to a QB. Especially Lamar, who has missed the end of the season twice had direct outcomes to not making the playoffs and losing in the playoffs.

Can't win without him, I keep hearing. Well, he isn't here if he is on his couch bitching on IG about treating something good or whatever that stupid fucking post was after the playoff loss.
    Prediction: He will get the exclusive tag for the upcoming season. This will give the team another year to negotiate a long term deal or trade him. IMHO he still needs to get an agent.

If I was Lamar, I would be asking for a 3yr/$150 million guaranteed contract or a 4yr/$180 million with a 4th year option and bonuses built in. The first 3 years guaranteed and 4th year would allow an opt out clause. If he stays all 4 years would be guaranteed for $180 million but bonuses would help escalate the total deal to over $200 million.

With the cap continually going up and backloading the contract, it would be a good contract for both parties. With these contracts it would probably be easier to move him if the team decides to go that route. I don't see a long term deal (5yr + guaranteed) because this would be bad business for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Prediction: He will get the exclusive tag for the upcoming season. This will give the team another year to negotiate a long term deal or trade him. IMHO he still needs to get an agent.

If I was Lamar, I would be asking for a 3yr/$150 million guaranteed contract or a 4yr/$180 million with a 4th year option and bonuses built in. The first 3 years guaranteed and 4th year would allow an opt out clause. If he stays all 4 years would be guaranteed for $180 million but bonuses would help escalate the total deal to over $200 million.

With the cap continually going up and backloading the contract, it would be a good contract for both parties. With these contracts it would probably be easier to move him if the team decides to go that route. I don't see a long term deal (5yr + guaranteed) because this would be bad business for both parties.
    Pretty sure he would get his wish I’d that was what he was asking for.

From PFF. This would likely include $150ish in Fully guaranteed money.

Who says no?

Lamar? The Ravens? You as a poster?

This really puts it into that territory that is super difficult to me, which likely makes it accurate. I think I hold my nose and agree. It hurts, but I would do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

From PFF. This would likely include $150ish in Fully guaranteed money.

Who says no?

Lamar? The Ravens? You as a poster?

This really puts it into that territory that is super difficult to me, which likely makes it accurate. I think I hold my nose and agree. It hurts, but I would do it.

That's the kind of contract that I could see Lamar getting from someone. Would he agree to it? Not at this point

Mike Florio said yesterday that he believes that Lamar won't get the rumored contract the Ravens offered because of the injuries. He thinks the Ravens and the rest of the NFL will offer less. It's tough to know right now since he can't speak to other teams