Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: Just met Houston’s Uncle

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    I couldn't imagine being a celebrity walking at a place like Bourbon street. Let alone when half the people are there to watch you play. What were they doing? I'd love to know what their diet is like before a game and if they made any exceptions based on the big game.
    Amazingly enough, most I saw were walking with little to no security w/them. I saw Flacco and his family at Dragos. Famous for their chargrilled oysters. They were a couple of tables over from us. A lot of people knew who he was but mostly everyone respected that he was eating w/his family and left them alone. I only saw one fan go up to him. Seemed to be eating a normal meal.

Most were just taking in the sights on Bourbon acting like a tourist.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Re: Just met Houston’s Uncle

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    I meant in terms of sky high ceiling in terms of natural ability that was thrown away. Both Gaither and Cmac had all the talent in the world. You are right, Gaither didn't care and Cmac was drunk.
    Oh I agree on that - but at least CMac made a viable career out of it with some accolades and historical footnotes to show for it.

Re: Just met Houston’s Uncle

When I lived in Timonium, I used to see players quite a bit in Hunt Valley. Saw Joe Flacco several times at Peet's Coffee. Gino Gradkowski used to come in there as well. I'd usually just say hello and leave then be. Coolest one I met was Eugene Monroe at Jason' Deli. I dimed my wife out to him for being a Steelers fan (she's from Western PA). He was really cool. I still have a picture of him and my wife. That dude is big, but not in the typical OL way. All muscle.