Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tyler Huntley is a Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am happy for Huntley, but when a backup QB makes it to the Pro Bowl, maybe you need to re-evaluate the entire process.
    This.

100% this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Huh, sorry was unaware, excellent point. Still there is nothing statistically or terms of performance that remotely would suggest he should be an alternate.

Anyone know how alternates are chosen? Are they by vote or just picked based on guys who would be willing to show up when offered?
    What I posted

It has to do with how players and coaches vote. Apparently they all vote for random guys as their 3rd selection to better help their team's QB (or I assume any position) get in.
    I do not remember where specifically I read this but I know I did. I guess in your average year things average out and you don't get this but seems like everyone voted for the same person this time.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

This is hilarious. If this doesn't scream "the probowl is a joke" then nothing will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Lmfaoooo
    If there was ever a year to truly end the pro bowl for absurd reasons, this would be it.

This is so stupid it almost deserves and ESPN hour long segment on how it happened.

Does the league love Lamar so much, that they would grant a pro bowl selection to his back up? Lol

They just wanted a runner because it’s flag football.

It’s dumb. The pro bowl should stop and just call it a skills competition, invite players to come out and run drills like the old quarterback club competition but have stuff for other skills players too. Have a flag football game if you want but make it interesting to it’s different quirks like how mtv used to do their rock n jock basketball games.

The real accolades are would come from the all pro selection which means more anyhow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get the bellyaching about the pro bowl. People every year bitch about it. Maybe just don't watch it?

Is he a Pro Bowler? Or, is he just going to the Pro Bowl as a 4th alternate.

To me, a big difference.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Stopped watching entirely after it was moved from after the SB. Used to view it as kind of a farewell to the season. When moved to before SB, it eliminated players from the conference championship games, and became diluted down talent.
    Happy for Snoop, but just proves dilution.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    If there was ever a year to truly end the pro bowl for absurd reasons, this would be it.

This is so stupid it almost deserves and ESPN hour long segment on how it happened.

Does the league love Lamar so much, that they would grant a pro bowl selection to his back up? Lol
    That was my first thought if you needed any additional evidence that it's time to pull the plug on the Pro Bowl this it.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    That was my first thought if you needed any additional evidence that it's time to pull the plug on the Pro Bowl this it.
    It's a nice addendum to changing the Pro Bowl from an actual football game to a flag football game + skills competition. Led by the Manning bros.

I mean, I don't think it needs to go away -- what should happen though is no more money (escalators) tied to it, and no merit during contract negotiations, and little credit given when evaluating for other awards (All Pro, Hall of Fame, etc). It can't be taken seriously anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mddisney1 View Post
    does this mean his salary for next year goes WAY UP, like to 4M... if so this could mean we have to release him, right?
    Good question. Maybe they can somehow work it into a trade. "Anybody want a Pro Bowl QB?"

Congrats Snoop.

Hope he has a good time there. If he's in the skills competition hopefully he doesn't look cringe like Lamar did.