Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Bungholes Forum

Re: Bungholes Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I definitely detected a number of haughty comments from Bengals fans on various forums popping up over the last couple years. Same with Bills fans, although they really seem to struggle with an inferiority complex more than anything else. No respect and ever is out to get them, they think.

But we can relate, right? At least about the inferiority thing.

I mentioned elsewhere, god save us all from Browns fans if their team is ever legit again.

I'm sure Bengals fans are talking about injuries on the O line and are getting flack about injuries not being an excuse. We can relate to that, too, right?

And we can certainly relate to being on both ends of a late collapse that leads to a heartbreaking loss (particularly some losses to Cincy over the years...I have a vague memory of TJ Houshmanzadeh catching a slant from Carson Palmer for a late TD... and of course, 4th and 12...and then the 98-yard fumble return), but we have also benefited from some late heroics that were soul crushing for opponents (Ray Rice's 4th and 23 catch and run...the 66 yard field goal...Mile High Miracle).

Once you've been on both sides of a few of those, the hubris tends to die down.
    Every team has assholes, Ravens included, many of which post on this board. I don't think that board is a representation of the fanbase as a whole as well as this one isn't for Baltimore.

Also about the injuries: Mahomes had one ankle and Kelce was almost scratched for the game. You can complain about injuries, but it's not like the Eagles Niners where one team was totally healthy and one was rolling out Josh Johnson

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Very good chance they lose their DC. Getting HC interviews already.

As far as their players, I think they have most of them locked up for next year. It's the year after that they're going to have to break the bank and Mike Brown is a notorious cheapskate. If they don't win it all next year, they never will.

Also some murmuring here about stadium lease/ tax issues I think in 2026??? A lot of people don't want to pay to keep the team here and we could see the Nashville Bengals. Nashville is a way cool town, worth a visit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Every team has assholes, Ravens included, many of which post on this board. I don't think that board is a representation of the fanbase as a whole as well as this one isn't for Baltimore.
    It's more representative than you think. That's why I reminded everyone earlier in this thread about the fans going after Carson Palmer's wife and 2 toddlers. Going after a player or coaches family is truly reprehensible. I've never heard a story like that about Ravens fans or most other fans.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's more representative than you think. That's why I reminded everyone earlier in this thread about the fans going after Carson Palmer's wife and 2 toddlers. Going after a player or coaches family is truly reprehensible. I've never heard a story like that about Ravens fans or most other fans.
    I seem to recall Lee Evans getting torched pretty badly - I don’t know if it was to Palmer’s level but from what I recall it wasn’t too far off. All teams have a-hole fans. I just can’t tolerate cockiness from players and fans - especially when you haven’t won anything of significance like a Lombardi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post

As far as their players, I think they have most of them locked up for next year. It's the year after that they're going to have to break the bank and Mike Brown is a notorious cheapskate. If they don't win it all next year, they never will.

Also some murmuring here about stadium lease/ tax issues I think in 2026??? A lot of people don't want to pay to keep the team here and we could see the Nashville Bengals. Nashville is a way cool town, worth a visit.
    I read just 1 team and it's the Cardinals who are probably going with an offensive coach. They are interview both Bengals DC and OC but I think the OC is more likely.

Mike Brown is such a weasel I'm sure he's trying to find a way around chipping in a dime that lease expires. He put nothing in when they built the place and threatened Hamilton County that he'd leave if they give him control. He even had a deal where he exchanged profits for ownership percentage as a way out of the inheritance tax when Paul Brown died. They actually changed the tax law over that one. No way Nashville can support 2 teams. That's one place he won't be going. San Antonio still has the Alamodome which was built to attract a NFL team in the early 90s. Let him take the Bengals to San Antonio and enjoy a dinosaur of a stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post

duh guess the team in Nashville doesnt matter.- keep that on their boards!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    I seem to recall Lee Evans getting torched pretty badly - I don’t know if it was to Palmer’s level but from what I recall it wasn’t too far off. All teams have a-hole fans. I just can’t tolerate cockiness from players and fans - especially when you haven’t won anything of significance like a Lombardi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Did they actually go to Evans house and dump garbage all over it and threaten his family? The only other story like that I've heard was Mitch Williams who was the closer of the Phillies and blew a save in the World Series. That's why Philly fans have such a bad reputation. It's not a normal for fanbases no matter how pissed they get.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by eddy204 View Post
    duh guess the team in Nashville doesnt matter.- keep that on their boards!
    Yeah, my bad; wasn't thinking when I typed that, was just looking for any other city. Maybe I picked Nashville because of the rumor the O's were moving there.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    BlackJesus Hall Of Fame
    |BlackJesus|
    Posted 41 minutes ago
    Ossai did nothing wrong ... Was not even a late hit.

I hope Mahomes car crashes on the way home ... Fuck that kermit sounding bitch
    Another Cincy fan getting what they deserve.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I definitely detected a number of haughty comments from Bengals fans on various forums popping up over the last couple years. Same with Bills fans, although they really seem to struggle with an inferiority complex more than anything else. No respect and ever is out to get them, they think.

But we can relate, right? At least about the inferiority thing.

I mentioned elsewhere, god save us all from Browns fans if their team is ever legit again.

I'm sure Bengals fans are talking about injuries on the O line and are getting flack about injuries not being an excuse. We can relate to that, too, right?

And we can certainly relate to being on both ends of a late collapse that leads to a heartbreaking loss (particularly some losses to Cincy over the years...I have a vague memory of TJ Houshmanzadeh catching a slant from Carson Palmer for a late TD... and of course, 4th and 12...and then the 98-yard fumble return), but we have also benefited from some late heroics that were soul crushing for opponents (Ray Rice's 4th and 23 catch and run...the 66 yard field goal...Mile High Miracle).

Once you've been on both sides of a few of those, the hubris tends to die down.
    And Will Hill's kick 6

No matter how good Joe Cool is the Bengals gonna bengal when it's all on the line.