Page 1 of 30 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baker Mayfield

Baker Mayfield

I’ve been probably one of his biggest critics but as it currently stands, Baker is just 27. He fits the mold still IMO of an AFC North QB and would come cheap. The situation of trading Lamar and rolling with Baker gives us more cap flexibility as well as draft capital with a QB his same age that was originally scouted as the better QB but had to suffer by the likes of Hue Jackson. Before the Harbaugh naysayers chime in, Harbaugh is 2-0 thus far with developing franchise QBs.. both of which were VERY raw coming out of college. I think we are underestimating his ability to find the next long term solution at QB. Give Baker OTA, preseason and an offseason built around his strengths with a good coaching staff and I see him having a massive resurgence

2. Re: Baker Mayfield

I'm not suggesting I want him for the Ravens, but overall, I think he gets a bum rap and is a much better QB than most want to admit to. I think he flashed a bit of that w/the Rams. A team could do far, far worse than him as their starting QB.

Re: Baker Mayfield

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I'm not suggesting I want him for the Ravens, but overall, I think he gets a bum rap and is a much better QB than most want to admit to. I think he flashed a bit of that w/the Rams. A team could do far, far worse than him as their starting QB.
    What would be the opposite of a QB whisperer? I like QB gossiper. That was basically his first head coach. Imagine starting off as a rookie QB with a head coach teaching you a bunch of bad habits and instincts that you'll have to later on un-learn?

Stop gap starter and then long term back up.

Blog Entries

Never liked Baker. In fact I always felt that Darnold taken 2 picks later was the better QB. Baker is the kind of player that compounds problems. When things aren't going well he makes them so much worse. He wants to carry the team on his back but just can't do it.

Low character guy with alcohol issues
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Never liked Baker. In fact I always felt that Darnold taken 2 picks later was the better QB. Baker is the kind of player that compounds problems. When things aren't going well he makes them so much worse. He wants to carry the team on his back but just can't do it.
    The way that I see it, you give a QB like Baker what he can handle much like what the 49ers are doing with Purdy. That means a great running game and defense to support him and other leaders around the team to handle adversity while mentoring him as well. Things like maturity and confidence develop over time which is why I made sure to acknowledge hes still just 27. Maturity really develops considerably into your 30s and that could be when his ultimate peak comes but with the way this team is built on defense and along the OL/RBs.. all we need is another good receiver in there and a QB that can manage the offense.

Andy Dalton had a better season than Baker did. go get him
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    The way that I see it, you give a QB like Baker what he can handle much like what the 49ers are doing with Purdy. That means a great running game and defense to support him and other leaders around the team to handle adversity while mentoring him as well. Things like maturity and confidence develop over time which is why I made sure to acknowledge hes still just 27. Maturity really develops considerably into your 30s and that could be when his ultimate peak comes but with the way this team is built on defense and along the OL/RBs.. all we need is another good receiver in there and a QB that can manage the offense.
    The Rams are the best place for Baker as long a McVay is there. If I was him I'd take less to be there in 2023. It's the only shot he has at salvaging his career

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Rams are the best place for Baker as long a McVay is there. If I was him I'd take less to be there in 2023. It's the only shot he has at salvaging his career
    Stafford is still there so he won't start. If you're 27 and trying to salvage your career you need to go somewhere you can play

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Low character guy with alcohol issues
    Lamar lives with his mammy, smokes weed and fakes injuries.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    I’ve been probably one of his biggest critics but as it currently stands, Baker is just 27. He fits the mold still IMO of an AFC North QB and would come cheap. The situation of trading Lamar and rolling with Baker gives us more cap flexibility as well as draft capital with a QB his same age that was originally scouted as the better QB but had to suffer by the likes of Hue Jackson. Before the Harbaugh naysayers chime in, Harbaugh is 2-0 thus far with developing franchise QBs.. both of which were VERY raw coming out of college. I think we are underestimating his ability to find the next long term solution at QB. Give Baker OTA, preseason and an offseason built around his strengths with a good coaching staff and I see him having a massive resurgence
    Hell no, he sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk