Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WR Spending

Re: WR Spending

Quote Originally Posted by Rap1003 View Post
    The 49ers had an elite defense and Pro bowlers up and down that roster. The Bills also had a great defense and got in due to us giving up a house call to Tyler Boyd with less than a minute to play. (Thank you, Dean Pees.)

Greg Roman is awful if he were good or in any way competent, he would not have been fired from those previous two positions.
    So which was the “one year” he caught the league off guard? Because it looks like he had several quality years in over a decade of coaching for 3 teams.

Good coaches have good players. It’s kind of how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So which was the “one year” he caught the league off guard? Because it looks like he had several quality years in over a decade of coaching for 3 teams.

2019 was that year. I just explained what happened those other years and now look, he's been let go of a third time. Face it dude, he's not a good play caller or really that good a play designer honestly. Those rushing totals? Lamar Jackson. Without him even that craters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    There is often a fluctuation. Because, usually, there's three reasons why a team spends big at WR:

1.) They make foolish decisions on overrated WRs
    2.) They don't draft well, and then have to rely on FA and trades to get WRs. Which costs more money
    3.) They do draft well, and end up with a WR who is worth a big second deal.

So, it makes sense that a year can be low in WR spending one year, and still be successful, if they had high quality WRs on rookie deals, but then see that number go up as they sign one to a big second contract.

Here is where each of the past ten Super Bowl winners, ranked in WR spending:

2013: 5th (Seahawks)
    2014: 12th (Patriots)
    2015: 4th (Broncos)
    2016: 14th (Patriots)
    2017: 11th (Eagles)
    2018: 18th (Patriots)
    2019: 7th (Chiefs)
    2020: 25th (Bucs)
    2021: 18th (Rams)
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    That’s a nice mix
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Agreed. If there's anything to gleam from it, its not that the Ravens have been low in spending any one particular year. Its that they've been so consistently low in WR spending. We've literally had one season, in the past ten years, where we weren't 22nd or worst in WR spending. Meanwhile, during that same time, there has only been one team who has actually won the Super Bowl while being lower than 18th in WR spending.
    I did delve into detail. Just not in the Original Post.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

If good coaches have too players then you just admitted Roman sucks because he had the leagues worst WR group

Roman sucks everyone besides you has learned it by now

That’s why no team is interviewing him, not even college