Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: The Front Office Podcast: The Curious Case of Lamar Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Lamar was given the 5th year option at the start of the season which was after this contract offer. You keep posting that it was money that had already been given but it hadn't at the time.

When you have a player extended early it's standard to included whatever was in the old deal with the new one which in this case was the 5th year option amount. Go look at the Josh Allen contract which was signed before the 2021 season. It's also a 6 year extension which means that Allen is under contract for 8 years. The 21 and 22 amounts are based on the rookie contract. That's how they get a cap numbers of $10 million in 21 and $16 million in 22. 23 which is the year that Allen would have been a free agent is when the cap number explodes to $39.7, $41.7 in 24, $51.2 in 25 etc... you get the picture.

The guarantees were $100 million on signing and then more each year if Allen is on the roster for the 5th day on the new league year. It's very similar to the Mahomes structure but for less money.

From these leaks the Ravens offered Lamar that same type of deal but for more money since it was 2022 and not 2021. It still can't see any team going to 100% guaranteed at signing for 5 years. Especially when Allen, Mahomes, Murray, Prescott and Wilson all signed this same kind of deal.
    I mean 2022 money was going to be included in that number. So, it wasn't going to be 133m fully guaranteed, beginning in January. It was 133m fully guaranteed, including the 20m+ from 2022. So, in actuality. It was five years at around 105m-110m fully guaranteed.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So you think he wouldn’t get $133 again now?

Why do you have to keep posting this same nonsense over and over that proves you don’t understand how NFL contracts work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Wilson numbers and Murray numbers are from the five year aspect. Lamar's is from the six year aspect. And yes, he will absolutely get way more than 133m fully guaranteed from his next team.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Tony, it was a great thing to listen to, even though my wife wanted to know why I was sitting for so long. You get the best information out there for those of us who are not able to gather everything of substance. It is a breath of fresh air when you hear other garbage out there.

Thanks.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Just finished the whole episode. I love the insight.

I came away with an epiphany. Since Lamar is looking for a Watson type 100% fully guaranteed deal why not hire the agent who negotiated that deal for Watson? David Mulugheta of Athletes First is his best option to get the deal that Lamar wants either from the Ravens or another team. If Mulugheta can't make this deal then no one can.

He also represents Jalen Ramsey, Budda Baker, Michael Thomas, AJ Terrell and Kyle Pitts. Those are some heavy hitters most of whom are past their rookie deals. I realize that Lamar doesn't like or trust agents but in this case he would be hiring the person who actually succeeded in getting the deal he wants. which no one else has been able to do.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    We had the #1 seed in 2019
    Didn't get to the conference championship.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Just finished the whole episode. I love the insight.

I came away with an epiphany. Since Lamar is looking for a Watson type 100% fully guaranteed deal why not hire the agent who negotiated that deal for Watson? David Mulugheta of Athletes First is his best option to get the deal that Lamar wants either from the Ravens or another team. If Mulugheta can't make this deal then no one can.

He also represents Jalen Ramsey, Budda Baker, Michael Thomas, AJ Terrell and Kyle Pitts. Those are some heavy hitters most of whom are past their rookie deals. I realize that Lamar doesn't like or trust agents but in this case he would be hiring the person who actually succeeded in getting the deal he wants. which no one else has been able to do.
    Great point. I thought about this the other day.

Blog Entries

Not sure where to put this but pretty nice film showing Lamar's top 25 passes. Like I have said, first 5 weeks of the season this was a top 3 offense, then the wheels came off.

some tough throws

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    Tony, it was a great thing to listen to, even though my wife wanted to know why I was sitting for so long. You get the best information out there for those of us who are not able to gather everything of substance. It is a breath of fresh air when you hear other garbage out there.

Thanks.
    Thanks Captain! Brian is a wealth of knowledge and the only thing I need to do is not get in his way and ask the right questions. I'm sure we'll be doing more of these as circumstances dictate.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
    Didn't get to the conference championship.
    No we were 1 and done in the divisional round. Stomped by Titans in another lamar flop

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Not sure where to put this but pretty nice film showing Lamar's top 25 passes. Like I have said, first 5 weeks of the season this was a top 3 offense, then the wheels came off.

some tough throws
    Great Video.

Lamar looks this good with shit formations, lack of WRS even on the field half the time, lack of WR talent, lack of coaching.

Just imagine how good he would look in a spread offense with a real coach, real NFL caliber WR talent.

This offense would be rivaling the Chiefs and Bengals.

Both the bengals and chiefs run games usually seem to be trash, lump in Buffalo too.

If you give Lamar a real passing offense, with his running ability, with Edwards, dobbins this offense would be unstoppable.

THen factor in a top 5 defense which they already have they could easily be the best team in the NFL with just a few changes.