Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Would DHop do for this offense what Roquan Smith did for this defense?

Quote Originally Posted by balbomb View Post
    Does Justin Jefferson dramatically change Vikings ppg? He is incredible to watch, and the game against the bills might be best game I’ve ever seen a wideout have. With that said, wideouts are not nearly as impactful on an offense than a good tackle or quarterback.
    Well we are in Desperate need of a WR. We have an impactful tackle and a QB (when he signs)..

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I would prefer Godwin to Hopkins. Godwin is 4 years younger. I would trade a first round pick for a top notch WR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You'd trade a1sr for Godwin in stead of a 4 or 5 for DHop?

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    The only question I have on Hopkins is will he be able to be healthy going forward. If he's going to be broken down all the time now like AJ Green or Julio Jones, then it's not worth no matter how good Hopkins has been in the past.
    Was Hopkins injured this past season?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How much is that worth in both draft picks and compensation. There is no way that Hopkins is going to be content to play out his deal. That's what happened when he was traded from the Texans with 3 years left on his contract. Hopkins is very aware of the other top contracts and is going to want that too even with 2 years left. Steve Smith was cut and cost nothing in a trade and did not expect to be one of the highest paid receivers. He still got paid but it was a good deal for everyone. That won't be the case with Hopkins
    I mean it would have to be the right price I'm not saying go out and over pay for him. He could be in the stage of his career where winning is most important. He may be willing to restructure the contract to bring his cap number down for a chance at a ring. I think people are surmising he wants a new deal and that's why the Cards are looking to move him. I think they don't want to take the $30m cap hit especially in a year where Kylee Murray may not be ready to start the season and most likely they won't be in contention. It could be with Kingsbury gone and Hollywood along with Rondale Moore it's a chance to go cheaper at the wr position. Also keep in mind that Hollywood is up for an extension. He's younger, albeit not much more durable, and they aren't about to commit $50m in cap space to 2 wr.

I don't see any way the Bucs trade Godwin after just extending him this past offseason
    I’m not sure I see another way they can field a 53 man team…

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    He got hurt last year and missed the first 6 games of this season for PEDs, that doesn’t scream “washed” to me.

Not undeestand where this injury prone coming from.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I’m not sure I see another way they can field a 53 man team…

You kidding? They have tons of contracts that are easy to get out of. Fournette, Donovan Smith (who sucked this year), Gage, Shaq Mason, Brate, Vaughn . When Brady signed they fixed a whole bunch of contracts around him leaving this year or next year. Just like the Panthers who kept Brian Burns and DJ Moore, the Bucs are keeping their younger core guys. Godwin, Vita Vea, Winfield, Devon White, Carlton Davis, Ryan Jensen etc... aren't going anywhere. Wait and see

You kidding? They have tons of contracts that are easy to get out of. Fournette, Donovan Smith (who sucked this year), Gage, Shaq Mason, Brate, Vaughn . When Brady signed they fixed a whole bunch of contracts around him leaving this year or next year. Just like the Panthers who kept Brian Burns and DJ Moore, the Bucs are keeping their younger core guys. Godwin, Vita Vea, Winfield, Devon White, Carlton Davis, Ryan Jensen etc... aren't going anywhere. Wait and see
    After cutting everyone you listed they still need to find over $30m plus enough to get a QB and sign draft picks….

The Bucs absolutely look like a team that is ready to have a fire sale

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    DHop would still command respect. There isn't a DC in this league who thinks DHop is over the hill. Every game plan would start worh 1a don't let Lamar out of the pocket and 1b don't let DHop beat us.

Bateman would be that burner on the other side of the field. With DHop he wouldn't be counted on to be the wr1 he would be wr2 so he could ease his way back in. He just needs to take attract the attention of the def. He'll definitely have that because he's proven he can take the top of the defense. Team will not be able to stack the box. Also MAndress gets more 1v1 coverage and less bracket. DHop would be perfect for this team even with the run 1st philosophy which I believe is a bit of a misconception. Harbaugh strives to be more balanced than run 1st.
    It all sounds good in theory, but:

1.) Again, Rashod Bateman is coming off of Lisfranc surgery. Even if he plays the entire season, it's going to take him a year to return to form. It would be negligent to count on him as a starter.
    2.) Sticking DeAndre Hopkins in a run first offense is not taking full advantage of DeAndre Hopkins
    3.) For that reason, I don't see Hopkins wanting to come here, if he has options. Which, he will.

You don't have an offense with Mark Andrews and DeAndre Hopkins, and say, 'We're going to run the ball and then throw it to keep the defense honest.' You throw it first. This team isn't going to do that.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

11. Re: Would DHop do for this offense what Roquan Smith did for this defense?

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Not undeestand where this injury prone coming from.
    Maybe you should look up his long injury history. Easy to find. Take that and throw in the likely salary he'd want, it's a huge no.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    After cutting everyone you listed they still need to find over $30m plus enough to get a QB and sign draft picks….

They aren't just getting rid of the whole team. The Rams were trading Cooper Kupp. The Saints didn't trade Marshon Lattimore. These teams their core guys especially those they just extended a year ago. Would you like to the GM who now has to explain to the owner that the guy you made him right a $20 million check to as bonus for an extension and has played now has to be gone as a cap casualty less than a year later? That's a good way to get fired.