Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: The Eagles at the Baltimore Arena

It's likely not the Eagles but Ticketmaster surge pricing or whatever they call it. Means the ticket prices fluctuate in cost depending on demand. Artists can opt out but most don't. Was a story about this with Springsteen:

https://www.vulture.com/2022/11/bruc...-response.html

In short, Ticketmaster is basically the worst thing ever. I bought 2 tickets to the Gojira show in Baltimore later this year at $50 a ticket and the total cost was nearly $200 after fees. It's a joke.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    It's likely not the Eagles but Ticketmaster surge pricing or whatever they call it. Means the ticket prices fluctuate in cost depending on demand. Artists can opt out but most don't. Was a story about this with Springsteen:

https://www.vulture.com/2022/11/bruc...-response.html

In short, Ticketmaster is basically the worst thing ever. I bought 2 tickets to the Gojira show in Baltimore later this year at $50 a ticket and the total cost was nearly $200 after fees. It's a joke.
    The Justice Department never should have allowed Live Nation who manages the bands buy Ticketmaster who sells the tickets. Ticketmaster now controls 80% of the concerts in the US. At the time of this merger this exactly what everyone was worried about and it's now happened.

Ticketmaster claims that the price fluctuation model allows the artists to get the inflated money that would have gone to brokers on the secondary market. How about just restricting sales to the brokers on the secondary market instead? It's a big FU to the customers which is why I am not one of them anymore.

Blog Entries

I just went to look at Pantera/Lamb of God out at Jiffy Lube which I bought tickets on presale to earlier this week. The same ticket is $75 more today than it was Wednesday and it's not a resale ticket. Lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by RustonRifle View Post
    Agree completely. Perhaps it's the old man in me but I'd rather listen to Pandora or CDs than go to a concert but if Glenn Frey were still with us I'd be tempted to see them.
    I've seen my share of live concerts and have those memories. There are VERY FEW that I would pay to see today, with bands that have one original member hanging one for dear life, and the TicketRaper bullshit. It's just not worth it. I can pull up concerts on stream and with the AV options available today it feels like you are in the second row.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's not the Eagles without Glen Frey.
    Yeah Don Henley is the only guy from the first four albums which were their best. So just call it Don Henley and friends. But if he did that he couldn't get $300 a ticket,

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I had the ticket map up within 2 minutes of the sale starting, and most of that entire front center floor section had red dots indicating resale. So.. somehow people were able to purchase all those floor tickets, and then re-list them in like 90 seconds? I don't think so... the whole system is rigged AF.
    Bands, promoters, arenas all get tickets to sell in secondary market.

My Billy Joel tickets in the opposite endzone stands were $270 a piece, so that doesn't surprise me. The cost of concert tickets, and the insane Ticketmaster fees on top of it, have gotten way out of hand. I understand why performers are doing it. They don't make any money on their music anymore thanks to streaming. Touring is where the money is these days.

I just went to look at Pantera/Lamb of God out at Jiffy Lube which I bought tickets on presale to earlier this week. The same ticket is $75 more today than it was Wednesday and it's not a resale ticket. Lol.
    They are pretty cheap at Hershey Park, but that's a long ride, and it's a shitty stadium.

Pantera with no Dimebag or Vinnie. Meh... Not really Pantera!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I've seen my share of live concerts and have those memories. There are VERY FEW that I would pay to see today, with bands that have one original member hanging one for dear life, and the TicketRaper bullshit. It's just not worth it. I can pull up concerts on stream and with the AV options available today it feels like you are in the second row.
    a few months back ZZ Top's bass player Dusty Hill passed away. I think they were playing a gig less than a week later...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    My Billy Joel tickets in the opposite endzone stands were $270 a piece, so that doesn't surprise me. The cost of concert tickets, and the insane Ticketmaster fees on top of it, have gotten way out of hand. I understand why performers are doing it. They don't make any money on their music anymore thanks to streaming. Touring is where the money is these days.

When he played M&T about 6-7 yrs ago I got 2 tickets for less than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I had the ticket map up within 2 minutes of the sale starting, and most of that entire front center floor section had red dots indicating resale. So.. somehow people were able to purchase all those floor tickets, and then re-list them in like 90 seconds? I don't think so... the whole system is rigged AF.

What also happens now is pre-sales they do through credit card companies. I also received a pre-sale for the Nicks/Joel show with being a PSL holder. No one was interested in my family at those prices. My wife & I see DMB every year. Tickets this yr for upper pavilion are $95. Closer are $127.