Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Fine, if you want to read it that way. But the OP never mentioned "because of availability." He did say, "without Lamar we have a chance to get better."

If you want to read that as being about injuries, fine, but hopefully you can see why people blasted the comment by pointing out the team's success WITH Lamar playing.
    But he didn’t say Lamar was 18-17 said the team with Lamar was 18-17. If feels like he is pointing out that it is disappointing we are only 18-17 with one of the more electric players in football on our team.
    He didn’t mention availability, correct but he didn’t say anything to the contrary either. This team actually is 18-17 and there are many reasons. I wish Lamar could carry the roster to higher heights as well, but he hasn’t been able to over the last two years for a variety of reasons, his and the rest of the team’s health is absolutely the very top of that list.

When he is not in the field, his absence is a huge millstone. We could get better without him, by repurposing all that cap space and the acquired war-chest of picks.

You aren’t “wrong” to point out how much better the team had been with Lamar, but I “think” you are missing a bill of the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's you prior to the start of the 2021 season. LINK

Doesn't sound like I'm wrong. Doesn't sound like you've changed your tune much.
    I don't see where anything you posted said I didn't like Lamar..

I acknowledged he's a great player (At that time) I acknowledged he's fun to watch (At that time) to me that isn't consistent with someone that doesn't like someone.

I wonder why someone posts something that isn't 'group think' then others try to make it a personal thing... I enjoy reading some of your posts but we'll agree to disagree on this.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 01-26-2023 at 08:26 PM.
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Lamar’s fans tell us we need to remake the roster and surround him with the best supporting cast ever to maximize his talent.

It will be far easier to rebuild the roster without him taking up 10-20% of our cap and with an additional few first round picks. If we have to rebuild it either way…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This right here!
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin

"with Lamar?" You seem to be glossing over the fact they were 15-8 over those same two seasons when Lamar played and he didn't play in the playoff loss you referenced. So, with him, they look like a 12-5 team.
    Sadly the league counts the games he in unable to play.

Well, we established earlier 18-17 is not valid, because it doesn't reflect the games Lamar started.

Look, I'm on the fence what to do about Lamar, but I have little patience for invalid stats that don't contribute to the discussion.
    How is it not valid? He was out injured two years in a row. That’s our record as him being paid many millions to be our starting QB. If he can’t play or is unwilling to play that is still the results

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Because Lamar is the only reason we are competitive with the roster that has been built. This team will need an overhaul drastically and then we have to hope we get a average qb. Then we have to hope we can find wrs for a pocket qb (assuming that's the route).

Lamar playing super man has gotten us to where we are, he's the most talented offensive player we've ever had.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    The real choice is to sign or franchise Lamer or blow up the offense and start all over. Harbaugh is certainly not the guy to lead a rebuild especially on the offensive side of he ball. He has gone through at least 6 different coordinators during his tenure and it is not like many of these guys were drawn away for a head coaching position.

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt View Post
    How is it not valid? He was out injured two years in a row. That’s our record as him being paid many millions to be our starting QB. If he can’t play or is unwilling to play that is still the results
    Agreed! The "best" team is the one that shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by KidRock20 View Post
    Pro Lamar
    - Dude has an unlimited ceiling.
    Id like to take issue with this misconception. Throwing a perfect ball 40 yards through the air to the sideline through a 3x3 window that opens and shuts in about 2 seconds isnt something everyone can do consistently. Hand/eye, touch,aim, arm strength, grip strength and being able to proceess it all in order to make an anticipatory throw. Just like genetics dictates that Dak wont ever be able to run the ball like Fields, same goes for passing. Lamar's been throwing a football all day every day since forever. He's so so much better passing from the pocket when he's utilizing his coaching however LJ wont ever be Pat. Accuracy issues will always exsist.

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    Id like to take issue with this misconception. Throwing a perfect ball 40 yards through the air to the sideline through a 3x3 window that opens and shuts in about 2 seconds isnt something everyone can do consistently. Hand/eye, touch,aim, arm strength, grip strength and being able to proceess it all in order to make an anticipatory throw. Just like genetics dictates that Dak wont ever be able to run the ball like Fields, same goes for passing. Lamar's been throwing a football all day every day since forever. He's so so much better passing from the pocket when he's utilizing his coaching however LJ wont ever be Pat. Accuracy issues will always exsist.
    yeah he's Lamar Jackson not Patrick Mahomes he still could win MVP again and has plenty of potential to be a hall of famer still'

Controversial but he's pretty talented
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Id like to add Lamar Jackson is worth more to the Ravens than two 1sts. If its some mega haul than, fine, ok. Getting two firsts is a loss. If he just stays healthy he's already one of the best QB's in the NFL and easily so. Those legs have another 2 years in them easy and Roman's play calling was moronic half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRaven View Post
    The real choice is to sign or franchise Lamer or blow up the offense and start all over. Harbaugh is certainly not the guy to lead a rebuild especially on the offensive side of he ball. He has gone through at least 6 different coordinators during his tenure and it is not like many of these guys were drawn away for a head coaching position.
    That's why insolent believe Lamar will not ever see his full potential as long as harbs is the coach. If we do trade Lamar I hope he balls the fuck out. I don't know how anyone can look at what Lamar can do and say... Yep, Harbs is the man for the job.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Ravens have been school yard fake bullies since they started the harbs/roman/Lamar scheme.

They railroaded teams in the regular season, had a string of bad teams and backup qbs to feast on and played "bullyball"

Once they faced better teams or teams who could dedicate to studying and stopping the scheme... they fell apart and imploded on offense.

Just like the fat kid that everyone thinks is tough until he gets punched in the face