Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516 LastLast
  1. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    But he needs to blame it on Ricard, because reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was a horrible INT......had nothing to do with Ricard. I remember the play well.....Jackson should have thrown the ball in to the stands. It's always someone else's fault. One of Jackson's problems has been decision making.....holding the ball to long. What I will say is all QB's throw INT's......but that one right there was all Lamar.

2. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    All MVPs are past MVPs as they are given out retroactively.
    Ugggggggg Sort of.......you always have a reigning ( current) MVP. Does anyone address Harbaugh as a Super bowl coach? Why not? because it means little in the big picture. Anyone address Flacco as a Super Bowl MVP?

Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Ugggggggg Sort of.......you always have a reigning ( current) MVP. Does anyone address Harbaugh as a Super bowl coach? Why not? because it means little in the big picture. Anyone address[B] Flacco as a Super Bowl MVP?
    Yeah, Harbaugh is a superbowl winning coach, If he wasnt he may not have survived the past decade.

Yes, Flacco is addressed as a super bowl MVP because thats what he is lol
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Im thinking of The early Flacco years, thats the librarian
    We also had an elite defense which as good as our defense might be next year, it's not going to be as dominant. He was also a massive liability in the playoffs for the first three years

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

5. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Flacco had Aiken and brown
    Ugggggggg Sort of.......you always have a reigning ( current) MVP. Does anyone address Harbaugh as a Super bowl coach? Why not? because it means little in the big picture. Anyone address Flacco as a Super Bowl MVP?
    Those are major accomplishments that can never be taken away from them. They'll forever be referred to as MVPs and Superbowl winning coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Those are major accomplishments that can never be taken away from them. They'll forever be referred to as MVPs and Superbowl winning coaches.
    Yeah that was a reach. Every MVP and superbowl winner is forever an MVP and superbowl winner. When someone is a 2x MVP they even say "2x MVP" because the first one never becomes obsolete

7. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Flacco had Aiken and brown
    Past MVP......I am not taking anything away from him. This is a "what have you done for me lately" league. That was over 3 years ago. John Harbaugh won a Super Bowl......means very little in today's world." Potential" is nothing more then something he hasn't done yet. I think Jackson is a good QB......not a great one. He is better then any QB we can acquire.....yes. But not for $230 guaranteed, it really is that simple.

What has happened up to this point means very little. You guys drone on and on about how bad the WR's were/are and just like the good things players/coaches have accomplished the negatives mean the same. Ya'll screaming that Lamar is 45-16 but couldn't you assign that same record to the Head coach? the OC? the team? or did Lamar accomplish that all by himself? Tucker never won any of those games? Not even with a 66 yd field goal? Lamar Jackson is not 45-16....the Ravens with Lamar as their QB is 45-16.

Skills diminish but thise accomplishments can't be denied. Every person can say they've won a superbowl every person can't say they've won an MVP.

It's not just the 45-16 I'm talking about look at the record when he isn’t playing. He was 1-5 last year without him. They literally squandered a 2 game division lead with the easy schedule in football without him. Say what you want to say about him but he is a winner when on the field and the team has a losing record when he's off the field.

8. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

That was a horrible INT......had nothing to do with Ricard. I remember the play well.....Jackson should have thrown the ball in to the stands. It's always someone else's fault. One of Jackson's problems has been decision making.....holding the ball to long. What I will say is all QB's throw INT's......but that one right there was all Lamar.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    I don't think Lamars 1st year cap hit will be $20m if signed long term. I do believe he'll get a long term deal and not be tagged.
    Could be. And Carr’s 1st year would likely be $10m or less.

Next year, the $20m difference would be even more….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    "with Lamar?" You seem to be glossing over the fact they were 15-8 over those same two seasons when Lamar played and he didn't play in the playoff loss you referenced. So, with him, they look like a 12-5 team.
    Is this an argument for or against a long term guaranteed contract? I'm not quite sure

11. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Yeah, Harbaugh is a superbowl winning coach, If he wasnt he may not have survived the past decade.

Yes, Flacco is addressed as a super bowl MVP because thats what he is lol
    And Roman was "assistant of the year" in 2019......does that carry any weight? Anyone think that it makes any difference today?

Past MVP......I am not taking anything away from him. This is a "what have you done for me lately" league. That was over 3 years ago. John Harbaugh won a Super Bowl......means very little in today's world." Potential" is nothing more then something he hasn't done yet. I think Jackson is a good QB......not a great one. He is better then any QB we can acquire.....yes. But not for $230 guaranteed, it really is that simple.

What has happened up to this point means very little. You guys drone on and on about how bad the WR's were/are and just like the good things players/coaches have accomplished the negatives mean the same. Ya'll screaming that Lamar is 45-16 but couldn't you assign that same record to the Head coach? the OC? the team? or did Lamar accomplish that all by himself? Tucker never won any of those games? Not even with a 66 yd field goal? Lamar Jackson is not 45-16....the Ravens with Lamar as their QB is 45-16.
    Amen!

The more things change the more they stay the same, I remember people telling me Joe Flacco was a winner until he signed his deal and he wasn't.

I will say Joe Flacco raised his game when the chips were on the table, Lamar plays worse. (see him betting on himself this season, horrid entry level playoff record)
    A nation of well-informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins. - Benjamin Franklin