Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 LastLast
  1. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by StalkRavenMad View Post
    Lamars cap hit this year if signed long term, would be less then Carr's if he were traded here.
    Possibly, but you don't know that. You're just making huge assumptions on both points. Maybe, maybe not.

Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Most dudes have been faced with the dilemma:

1) Smoking hot 'crazy" chick who probably ISNT wifey material (@50 M per annum)

2) Modest in the looks department, but loyal and depenable.

After dating the hot chick for 5 years.......I am ready for the librarian with her hair in a tight bun!

Quote Originally Posted by grerhat View Post
    Most dudes have been faced with the dilemma:

1) Smoking hot 'crazy" chick who probably ISNT wifey material (@50 M per annum)

2) Modest in the looks department, but loyal and depenable.

After dating the hot chick for 5 years.......I am ready for the librarian with her hair in a tight bun!
    Im thinking of The early Flacco years, thats the librarian
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

4. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Flacco had Aiken and brown
    Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I am sure you are referring to the play where Ravens were up 20-17 with 3:oo minutes left right?

Lets analyze the play.

Besides the bad snaps which flew by Lamar, and after he scooped it up and attempted to make a play before throwing the INT (TO PAT RICARD WHO SHOULD NEVER BE AN OPTION) which was bad on Lamar, but the play was busted from the snap actually before the snap because of the idiotic formation.

Spread formation with Andrews and Duveray bunched right, right next to each other Andrews appeared to be blocking not the target, Meanwhile Pat Ricard was running free who may have been the intended target all along which was incredibly idiotic. The way Ricard turned around looking for the ball tells me he was the intended target probably all along which is why I blamed the coaches. If Ricard is your go to on a passing down in a tight game against your former DC, you are by definition and damn idiot.

IF Pat Ricard is your 3rd receiver on the spread route and Drake was back blocking, this is where I say the play was fu**ed from jump street by lousy design by idiot coaches.

But lets blame Lamar for trying to make a play.

Had the snap not been bad, re watch the play and look at how lousy it was by design.
    In all fairness even if Lamar takes the sack you punt it and probabaly gets out with a win idiotic coach and all.

5. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Possibly, but you don't know that. You're just making huge assumptions on both points. Maybe, maybe not.
    This assumption is based on every other contract that has been signed. 1st year cap hits are ALWAYS the lowest cap hits of the contract.

6. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

This assumption is based on every other contract that has been signed. 1st year cap hits are ALWAYS the lowest cap hits of the contract.
    That's not what you said. Now, tell us what Lamar's first year cap hit will be and what Carr's salary will be.

Lamars cap hit this year if signed long term, would be less then Carr's if he were traded here.
    Unless Carr was also restructured, and that’s only if he’s traded. He’s getting cut…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In all fairness even if Lamar takes the sack you punt it and probabaly gets out with a win idiotic coach and all.
    But he needs to blame it on Ricard, because reasons.

9. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    That's not what you said. Now, tell us what Lamar's first year cap hit will be and what Carr's salary will be.
    If David Carr is traded he'd carry a almost $35m Cap hit. There isn't a guy whose carried a 1st year cap hit of $35m

10. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Unless Carr was also restructured, and that’s only if he’s traded. He’s getting cut…

I don't think Lamars 1st year cap hit will be $20m if signed long term. I do believe he'll get a long term deal and not be tagged.

11. Re: 18 -17 over last two seasons. What is everyone so afraid of?

He absolutely is a MVP QB. You can't take that away from him. What that shows is the potential that he has. He absolutely lit the league on fire and earned a MVP trophy. However teams watch tape and they develop ways to slow teams down especially when the downgrade on offense and not upgrade.

Past MVP......I am not taking anything away from him. This is a "what have you done for me lately" league. That was over 3 years ago. John Harbaugh won a Super Bowl......means very little in today's world." Potential" is nothing more then something he hasn't done yet. I think Jackson is a good QB......not a great one. He is better then any QB we can acquire.....yes. But not for $230 guaranteed, it really is that simple.

What has happened up to this point means very little. You guys drone on and on about how bad the WR's were/are and just like the good things players/coaches have accomplished the negatives mean the same. Ya'll screaming that Lamar is 45-16 but couldn't you assign that same record to the Head coach? the OC? the team? or did Lamar accomplish that all by himself? Tucker never won any of those games? Not even with a 66 yd field goal? Lamar Jackson is not 45-16....the Ravens with Lamar as their QB is 45-16.

All MVPs are past MVPs as they are given out retroactively.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.