Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Flock 5 star General (Ray Lewis) weighs in Lamar Jackson’s lack of help

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    You may be changing that signature soon.........much is about to change. Simply signing Jackson will be a sign of change. So far many of the names being floated around for the OC job will be a change. I understand why you might not give the Ravens the benefit of doubt. But there is no other way for Harbaugh to survive but to change. Weather Lamar stays or not the Ravens will do what ever they can to try and fix the passing game.....improve at WR. I would bet there isn't one poster here at RSR that doesn't think the Ravens need to improve their WR room or their passing game? I would bet there isn't one coach or one FO person who doesn't think they need to improve. To keep beating this drum that........nothing will change is just nuts. I am not saying it will completely work itself out. There's a history that says it won't. But the Ravens will try this particular season more then they have ever tried.

The Ravens are in a win now situation........anyone with a half of brain knows their biggest need on offense is a WR.........of course after the Lamar situation is ironed out one way or another.
    I'll believe it when I see it. Anyone with half a brain can connect the dots from the past 15 years and to see what this franchise is all about. Knowing a need and adequately addressing it are two different things.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Flock 5 star General (Ray Lewis) weighs in Lamar Jackson’s lack of help

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    There I fixed it for you. EDC is definitely part of the problem.
    Thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it. Anyone with half a brain can connect the dots from the past 15 years and to see what this franchise is all about. Knowing a need and adequately addressing it are two different things.
    The times they are a changing lol

Blog Entries

They only have five picks and even if they traded players, a legit #1 is going to run 30m, while a true difference maker will run at least 20m. Even if you played with the numbers for the cap, it’d be more cap dedicated to that one WR than the entire Corps combined this past season. The Ravens are not doing that. They should, but they won’t.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    They only have five picks and even if they traded players, a legit #1 is going to run 30m, while a true difference maker will run at least 20m. Even if you played with the numbers for the cap, it’d be more cap dedicated to that one WR than the entire Corps combined this past season. The Ravens are not doing that. They should, but they won’t.
    The lack of picks will be this year's excuse for not upgrading the weapons around the qb1, whoever it is. They had 11 picks last year and did nothing. 11. But hey, we got a center and the next Ed Reed, lol.

If the Ravens do not get a true WR1 then they have learned nothing since Flacco and are absolute idiots. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say the WR room gets a serious upgrade - Lamar or no Lamar. They will never advance in the playoffs without passing.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    If the Ravens do not get a true WR1 then they have learned nothing since Flacco and are absolute idiots. So I'm going to go out on a limb and say the WR room gets a serious upgrade - Lamar or no Lamar. They will never advance in the playoffs without passing.
    Isn’t this a weak WR class?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Isn’t this a weak WR class?
    Yes. In the draft and Free Agency.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    The lack of picks will be this year's excuse for not upgrading the weapons around the qb1, whoever it is. They had 11 picks last year and did nothing. 11. But hey, we got a center and the next Ed Reed, lol.
    I like Kyle Hamilton, but I would’ve liked Garrett Wilson or Chris Olave a lot more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Huh? sure is a lot of info missing in that take. Why wouldn't anyone be wrong going with the same approach after the 2019 season? You just had a historical run. Add a few pieces and you should be good to go. 2020 was a disaster for the entire league, games were postponed. Players skipped the season due to covid.......a complete shit show. Ravens asked Lamar what he needed. They drafted Brown, 2021 the Ravens faced historical set backs. The team was completely wrecked with injuries. Wouldn't have mattered who were the receivers, we could have had Jerry Rice and Randy Moss and still would have been a train wreck. 2022 Brown is gone after getting the most targets and a 1000 yds. Didn't want to stick around to see if it got better...
    That's pretty much where I'm at.

2019 worked so well that you can't expect the repeat of a record-breaking season, but you can expect a Top 5, Top 7 offense. It's foolish to fix what ain't broke. But what was broke, they did try to fix. They used a 2nd round pick on Dobbins to move on from a broken down Mark Ingram. They used a 3rd round pick on Duvernay to improve on Willie Snead. There was no reason to think that Lamar, Hollywood, or Andrews had peaked. Plus, with Covid, things were messy and uncertain for nearly everyone.

Come 2021, they realized they had a WR problem. Some smart, but not genius, draft day gamesmanship saw the Ravens select Bateman -- rather than Oweh -- with their initial 1st round pick, knowing full well that the Packers were eyeing him with the subsequent pick. If the Ravens didn't much value WR then Bateman would be in GB today.

The team tried to give Lamar weapons. But it didn't work out. Lamar, Stanley, Dobbins, Edwards, Hollywood, Bateman -- they just never played together or together for long enough to see what we had. Disappointing for everyone.

Yes. In the draft and Free Agency.
    Lol just our luck when we’re desperate

Colts GM Chris Ballard recently said of their drafting a QB, "You've got to be right. We've got to be right. We understand the magnitude of where we're at in the draft and we understand the importance of the position. To get one that actually you can win with and to be right is the most important thing. Not, if we take one or not – being right."

They pick 4th.

I wonder if the need to be right is so great that they would feel compelled to move up to No. 1, to have their pick of the litter. The ammo to help them do that would be the Ravens 1st. That 1st in exchange for impending UFA Michael Pittman (plus or minus other draft picks).

Maybe Pittman wouldn't want to wait on a developing QB and would instead prefer being here with Lamar (assuming Lamar is here, of course). Pittman's cap number is merely $4M next year. The Ravens would of course want to extend him, but, if they were risk-seeking they wouldn't have to.

Just off the top of my head, I don't know if there is another WR with a better combination of talent, age, contract, and team-amenability-to-a-trade than Pittman.

Pittman and Bateman -- the Ravens could have THE "man" at both WR positions.