Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2022 Ravens Superlatives

Who wins your superlatives of the year and why? Good vibes only this place has been too negative.

• Offensive Player of the Year

Mark Andrews dealt with injures, 3 different quarterbacks, a graveyard of a WR room to take the pressure off of him and still had a decent season and didnt miss too many games. Despite his statiscal regression and some drops I think I will give it to him.

Close Runner up is J.K Dobbins but not enough games played.

• Defensive Player of the Year

I believe Marlon Humphrey started every game and he didnt allow a touchdown all year. In a defense that was up and down for the front half of the season, He had what may have been his best season in coverage.

• Biggest Surprise

Throwback but Daniel Faalele being solid at LT for a game and half despite being a developmental tackle picked in the 4th round and #3 on the depth chart im excited about his future. Dont be surprised when his tires get kicked at guard.

• Rookie of the Year

Kyle Hamilton/Tyler Linderbaum, pick your favorite. I dont really think i have to say much there.

• Best Individual Game

Week 1 Marcus Williams was an absolute monster with 12 tackles and a 33 yard Interception

Runner up is Roquan Smith's Cincinatti week 17 game, man did he set the tone and had 16 tackles.

• Biggest Jump

Ben Powers

• Breakout or Rebound Candidate

Tough one theres a few guys who could use a healthy offseason to get better, Ojabo, J.K, Ronnie etc but give me J.K being the bellcow next year.

Whats your superlatives and who wins them? No wrong answers
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Re: 2022 Ravens Superlatives

Sure Sure

MVR - Lamar Jackson. Pretty obvious. The point differential on offense alone says enough.

OPOY - I suppose it's got to be Mark Andrews. So many players on offense missed significant time. You could actually make a case for Kevin Zeitler or Morgan Moses on the right side of the OL.

DPOY - I'm tempted to say Roquan Smith because he transformed the defense. But Marlon Humphrey was equally as important and played the whole year.

OROY - Tyler Linderbaum.

DROY - Kyle Hamilton. Did I cheat? Well it's what the NFL does.

Breakout Player - You can go with Patrick Queen or Pen Powers, but my selection is Broderick Washington. Also doubles as my surprise player. I did not expect this level of play from him.

Best Individual Game - I'll take the Roquan Pittsburgh game. Didn't fill the tackle sheet but dominated in every facet. Five tackles, sack, TFL, INT, 2 PD and a major boost to everyone else especially PQ with his own six tackles and a pick.

Rebound Candidate for 2023 - Michael Pierce was playing out of his mind for three games and went down for the season. I don't think it makes sense to cut him just to save $2 mil against the cap. He just needs to stay on the field. Also Rashod Bateman.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Yay! A thread not about Lamar.

Agree with most of this. Gotta include Stanley somehow. We all thought he was done for and came back huge for the team.

Also the acquisition of Roquan was big.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Breakout Player - You can go with Patrick Queen or Pen Powers, but my selection is Broderick Washington. Also doubles as my surprise player. I did not expect this level of play from him.

Best Individual Game - I'll take the Roquan Pittsburgh game. Didn't fill the tackle sheet but dominated in every facet. Five tackles, sack, TFL, INT, 2 PD and a major boost to everyone else especially PQ with his own six tackles and a pick.
    Ooh those are good ones that kinda slipped my mind. Broderick Washington is a great breakout player considering what his expected role was and how much he produced.

Offensive Player of the Year

I'm going with Zeitler as he was the only offensive player to play every game while also playing at a high level all season. The "big uglies" need love too

Defensive Player of the Year

Marlon and there's very little argument to be made imo

Biggest Surprise

For me it's Stanley. I thought there would be no chance he regained his previous form after his injury and he proved me wrong

Rookie of the Year

Kyle Hamilton/Tyler Linderbaum. I'm going to cheat and just cosign both of them share the award.

Best Individual Game

I'm going with Dobbins vs Pittsburgh. Against a team usually known for good run defense, he absolutely dominated them in his first game back from his second knee surgery.

Biggest Jump

Ben Powers. I can agree here. He played remarkable well this season

Breakout or Rebound Candidate

Best candidate here is probably Ojabo. He played so little that just getting 5 sacks would be a huge difference from this season.

Late edit: I definitely did mean Powers and not Zeitler, but I'll leave my mistake up
    Last edited by purple_city39; 01-31-2023 at 10:57 AM.

6. Re: 2022 Ravens Superlatives

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Offensive Player of the Year

I'm going with Zeitler as he was the only offensive player to play every game while also playing at a high level all season. The "big uglies" need love too
    Did you mean Powers? Zeitler missed two games: @PIT, @CIN. Powers, on the other hand, played every snap. Moses and Linderbaum also played every game, although perhaps not at a high level.

Three other offensive players also played every game: Demarcus Robinson, Josh Oliver, and an RSR forum favorite (Pat Ricard).

Speaking of Oliver, he was probably the biggest surprise for me. I didn't expect (or want) him to make the team, and then he turned out to be a passable TE2.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Yay! A thread not about Lamar.

Agree with most of this. Gotta include Stanley somehow. We all thought he was done for and came back huge for the team.

Also the acquisition of Roquan was big.
    Stanley would get comeback player of the year award for me. Hell, that would be league wide IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Did you mean Powers? Zeitler missed two games: @PIT, @CIN. Powers, on the other hand, played every snap. Moses and Linderbaum also played every game, although perhaps not at a high level.

Three other offensive players also played every game: Demarcus Robinson, Josh Oliver, and an RSR forum favorite (Pat Ricard).

Speaking of Oliver, he was probably the biggest surprise for me. I didn't expect (or want) him to make the team, and then he turned out to be a passable TE2.
    Only 4 defender in the entire NFL played every snap and Chuck Clark was one of them lol

9. Re: 2022 Ravens Superlatives

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Only 4 defender in the entire NFL played every snap and Chuck Clark was one of them lol
    Clark is ridiculously durable. He's missed something like 7 snaps since taking over for TJ in week 5 of 2019 (pushing 4000 total snaps).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Allow me to focus on season accomplishments. There’s three of them so far (in chronological order):

1. Acquiring Roquan Smith;
    2. Solving our matchup problem with the Bengals (at least defensively);
    3. Not resigning Greg Roman as OC.

CCx

I definitely did. And not being on this thread for a week left that f'up there for all to see lol. I'm not even going to edit it out

Clark is ridiculously durable. He's missed something like 7 snaps since taking over for TJ in week 5 of 2019 (pushing 4000 total snaps).

Clark is never around the ball or taking on much contact. Its pretty easy to stay durable when you are not hitting or taking on a hit.

Clark is so incredibly over hyped here because of wearing the green dot. My opinion he easily should have been on the bench in place of Geno Stone once Williams came back.

STone was always around the ball. I cannot point to 1 single play that Clark made this year that stood out.