Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: The (Potential) Lamar Jackson Trade Thread

Lamar has finished 3 of his 5 seasons watching the offense from the bench. I cant help but think that is going to give many teams pause for thought. Additionally, Lamars lack of development as a passer be it as a result of scheme, coaching, or resources leaves him a player with great potential but no one really knows how far he will develop.

2 Firsts, 1 second and 2 thirds. The second and thirds coming as a result of sweetning the pot rather than just signing him to an offer sheet.

Re: The (Potential) Lamar Jackson Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Not a snowball's chance in hell would someone give up three #1's plus the other junk for a declining talented mediocre passer who is injury prone

Illogical: Jackson is (or more accurately "used to be" before multiple injuries and body-wear) one of the most talented dancer/runners in NFL history, but is, at best, an average passer. He just doesn't fit into Miami's strengths.

The Broncos and Browns gave up crazy compensation to get Deshaun and Russell, Lamar is better than both of them, so how can you say conclusively what they’re not willing to give up? And Deshaun had serial level sexual assault allegations hovering over him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    You dont know that, the Broncos traded multiple good players and high picks for Russell Wilson and Lamar has been better than him for years.

For years huh?
    And you don’t think teams leaned anything from this past offseason where every single QB trade and every single QB contract completely blew up in the acquiring teams faces?

Also, Lamar missed more games in each of the past two seasons than Russ missed in his 11 year career including this year. He also won a Super Bowl….

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    #8, #58 and Desmond Ridder
    Nope

The (Potential) Lamar Jackson Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    For years huh?
    And you don’t think teams leaned anything from this past offseason where every single QB trade and every single QB contract completely blew up in the acquiring teams faces?

Also, Lamar missed more games in each of the past two seasons than Russ missed in his 11 year career including this year. He also won a Super Bowl….

Injuries are apart of the game and just because someone has been injured in the past doesn’t mean they’ll be injured in the future. Deshaun Watson tore his ACL years ago, didn’t stop the Browns from trading for him. He also hadn’t played in close to 2 years. And had 25 rape allegations against him. And you think they’ll care about a couple booboos that Lamar has from carrying the Ravens the past two years? Russell Wilson was a game manager when the Seahawks won that SB in 2013/2014. Same old boring rants. 🥱

6. Re: The (Potential) Lamar Jackson Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rap1003 View Post
    I also don't get the love for Anthony Richardson. He's basically a bigger version of Lamar with worse mechanics.
    and $50 Million a year cheaper

Lamar for
    Kirk Cousins and Justin Jefferson. Those two bring their rapport and their passing game for instant offense.

Lamar and a 3rd for
    Kyler Murray and a 1st
    Murray won’t have to study handoffs to Dobbins and Edwards.

#8, #58 and Desmond Ridder

Oh...you mean Ridder

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I really really dont but we need a REAL back up QB not penny pinching UDFAs and he's good to start a few games before Anthony Richardson takes over.
    Wait you want a 2nd year player to mentor a rookie? Sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I could be wrong, but I'll take a snag at a guess:

Non-Exclusive tag- Miami waits until after the draft to make an offer for Lamar and he goes to the Dolphins for their 2024 and 2025 first round picks. If they can't secure a first round pick for Tua, prior to the draft.
    Exclusive tag- Either Atlanta for 2 firsts, Ridder, and a couple of mid-round picks (Not that I would want Ridder. Just what I guess would happen). OR. To Miami for Tua, 1st 2024, and 1st 2025 and a mix/exchange of a couple of mid-late round picks (Again, not that I would want Tua. Just what I guess would happen).
    If the Dolphins want to trade for Lamar, I think they would do it before the draft. I don’t see anything in the CBA that requires them to have a 1st round pick this year to sign him on the non exclusive tag. Also, I can see the Rams having interest for the same reason.

If you don’t get two firsts you put non exclusive tag on him. If no one signs him he is our starting QB in 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    The Broncos and Browns gave up crazy compensation to get Deshaun and Russell, Lamar is better than both of them, so how can you say conclusively what they’re not willing to give up? And Deshaun had serial level sexual assault allegations hovering over him.

Pre sexual assault.. talking heads lauded over Watson as a top 5 qb.

He had a lot of garbage time stats to inflate his passing numbers. But analysts consistently said he was a top 5-7 qb in the league.

Combine that with the crap show thay Wilson has been and teams might hold back on how much they risk for a qb in a trade