Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The (Potential) Lamar Jackson Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    I really really dont but we need a REAL back up QB not penny pinching UDFAs and he's good to start a few games before Anthony Richardson takes over.
    I also don't get the love for Anthony Richardson. He's basically a bigger version of Lamar with worse mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    It’s not enough. Just match the offer. Future firsts without one this year is a non starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is something very odd going on here. So apparently:

Lamar is a great QB, easily Top3 (suck it Ravens!)
    Lamar will be paid a top of the market, fully guaranteed contract elsewhere or close to it (suck it, Ravens!)
    The team that he gets traded to is the perfect fit (yeah, you guessed it, suck it Ravens!)

Yet the Ravens will only get two firsts from trading THAT player, neither in the 2023 Draft and be happy about it, and there is no clear idea of how said team is going to fit a 50m tag on top of their other commitments the moment they trade for him.

It is almost as if you would try to make the most out of the trade for Lamar and would get some odd satisfaction if the Ravens get the short end of the stick here.
    Fuck it, trade him for the best package, and if he ends up in Houston or Atlanta, what better way to show how great a player you are than lifting those franchises up?
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

#8, #58 and Desmond Ridder
    I need 3 1’s, Grady Jarrett, Kyle Pitts and AJ Terrell

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    There is something very odd going on here. So apparently:

Lamar is a great QB, easily Top3 (suck it Ravens!)
    Lamar will be paid a top of the market, fully guaranteed contract elsewhere or close to it (suck it, Ravens!)
    The team that he gets traded to is the perfect fit (yeah, you guessed it, suck it Ravens!)

Yet the Ravens will only get two firsts from trading THAT player, neither in the 2023 Draft and be happy about it, and there is no clear idea of how said team is going to fit a 50m tag on top of their other commitments the moment they trade for him.

It is almost as if you would try to make the most out of the trade for Lamar and would get some odd satisfaction if the Ravens get the short end of the stick here.
    Fuck it, trade him for the best package, and if he ends up in Houston or Atlanta, what better way to show how great a player you are than lifting those franchises up?
    Exactly this!

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    I need 3 1’s, Grady Jarrett, Kyle Pitts and AJ Terrell

Atlanta absolutely says no.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Pappas View Post
    At the high end, I've seen three #1's, two #2's and a #3.
    [/B]

Not a snowball's chance in hell would someone give up three #1's plus the other junk for a declining talented mediocre passer who is injury prone

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    No trade of Lamar is going to be one that I like for the Ravens, because there's only one Lamar. But as far as the team acquiring him, Miami makes sense for a number of reasons:

2.) A legit pass-first offense.
    Illogical: Jackson is (or more accurately "used to be" before multiple injuries and body-wear) one of the most talented dancer/runners in NFL history, but is, at best, an average passer. He just doesn't fit into Miami's strengths.

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Rap1003 View Post
    I also don't get the love for Anthony Richardson. He's basically a bigger version of Lamar with worse mechanics.
    Would that be Josh Allen? :)

Maybe so but there is also a reality that the Ravens (or any other team) are not going to win a SB with Lamar as a 50 mill qb so might as well move on to next QB hoping we can hit a winner, one that can actually win a playoff game
    There's not really a reality where our next QB is an upgrade from Lamar unless you think rookie Anthony Richardson will be top 10

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Would that be Josh Allen? :)
    You got me there.

Amen Mr T amen, you nailed it, glad you crossed over that river
    Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

Not a snowball's chance in hell would someone give up three #1's plus the other junk for a declining talented mediocre passer who is injury prone

Illogical: Jackson is (or more accurately "used to be" before multiple injuries and body-wear) one of the most talented dancer/runners in NFL history, but is, at best, an average passer. He just doesn't fit into Miami's strengths.

It’s not enough. Just match the offer. Future firsts without one this year is a non starter.

100 percent agree. Miami is not an option unless they come up with at least a mid first round pick this year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Atlanta absolutely says no.

You dont know that, the Broncos traded multiple good players and high picks for Russell Wilson and Lamar has been better than him for years.