Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 ... LastLast

Re: The (Potential) Lamar Jackson Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    Here's how I think this could play out if we traded Lamar to Atlanta:

Get their 1st this year and next along with a player like AJ Terrell.

Trade back from the #8 slot for another first next year.

Use the 2 or 3 1st round picks in a package to move up for our QB of the future with Jimmy G or someone as a bridge signing.

There's a lot of IF's in my statement, but again, this is a prediction thread.
    I am a fan of this plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    We could trade Lamar to Houston and get their #2 and #12. They have #33, too. Chicago won't let go of the #1 pick, IMO.
    Why would Houston trade even pick #2 straight up?

They will stay there and draft whomever is left between Young and Stroud. They are so far from competing Lamar’s contract would be about up by the time they are ready. Makes way more sense to keep the extra picks and build around a cheap rookie while the roster is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Why would Houston trade even pick #2 straight up?

They will stay there and draft whomever is left between Young and Stroud. They are so far from competing Lamar’s contract would be about up by the time they are ready. Makes way more sense to keep the extra picks and build around a cheap rookie while the roster is garbage.

Perhaps but you never know. Teams get stars in their eyes picturing the immediately renewed fan enthusiasm, ticket sales, etc. I wouldn't make the trade. That doesn't mean a team like Houston might not.

4. Re: The (Potential) Lamar Jackson Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    Here's how I think this could play out if we traded Lamar to Atlanta:

Get their 1st this year and next along with a player like AJ Terrell.

Trade back from the #8 slot for another first next year.

Use the 2 or 3 1st round picks in a package to move up for our QB of the future with Jimmy G or someone as a bridge signing.

There's a lot of IF's in my statement, but again, this is a prediction thread.
    I don't hate it that's for sure. Always think long term and this sounds like a good plan. If we could look into the future would we be willing to trade Jackson for Caleb Williams? That's essentially what we would be doing. I wouldn't blink.....and if we couldn't wrangle the pick from the team that had the #1......we would have 3 first round picks......OK

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    I don't hate it that's for sure. Always think long term and this sounds like a good plan. If we could look into the future would we be willing to trade Jackson for Caleb Williams? That's essentially what we would be doing. I wouldn't blink.....and if we couldn't wrangle the pick from the team that had the #1......we would have 3 first round picks......OK
    Not just Williams, but Maye as well in my opinion.

6. Re: The (Potential) Lamar Jackson Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Not just Williams, but Maye as well in my opinion.

I'll take it!

Blog Entries

Now that DeMecco Ryans is the HC in Houston, I don't see them trading out of 2 for Lamar. They have a great shot at Bryce Young or CJ Stroud. Ryans just came from a team that went deep into the playoffs with their 3rd string, rookie QB.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TWRavens View Post
    Agreed. I think signing Lamar to a long term contract would be the best outcome. Other than the WR position, we have talent across the board. But several top players will reach their expiration dates in the next few years. The time is now to maximize our talent. If we could sign Lamar to a deal that is cap friendly over the next 2 years, we could build a decent WR room through free agency and the draft. This all depends, of course, on whether Lamar is willing to agree to a contract with something less than a full guarantee. If there's room for compromise, EDC will find it. If not, then we will have no choice other than to tag and trade him. That would be unfortunate, since whoever will be our QB over the next 2 years, whether a transition QB or a draft selection, will simply not be as good as Lamar, and we'll have squandered all the talent we've assembled.
    They screwed themselves not doing this sooner. Why wait until his rookie deal is done to suddenly build the WR room? He’s not going to go for that. If you didn’t do it on his rookie deal and the only year of that deal that his cap hit was even eight figures was last year, why should he believe that you’ll do it now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    They screwed themselves not doing this sooner. Why wait until his rookie deal is done to suddenly build the WR room? He’s not going to go for that. If you didn’t do it on his rookie deal and the only year of that deal that his cap hit was even eight figures was last year, why should he believe that you’ll do it now?
    Again, why would he care? He’s not like Mahomes or Rodgers (and many others) who have that burning desire to win. Lamar doesn’t care who his receivers are. This was evident in him being pissed that his friend Hollywood was traded. Hollywood had hands of bricks and no quarterback concerned with winning would pout over losing him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Again, why would he care? He’s not like Mahomes or Rodgers (and many others) who have that burning desire to win. Lamar doesn’t care who his receivers are. This was evident in him being pissed that his friend Hollywood was traded. Hollywood had hands of bricks and no quarterback concerned with winning would pout over losing him.
    A QB who saw what we had behind him would.

Blog Entries

This isn't getting solved anytime soon. If this is the case then I don't see how it's worth keeping Lamar Jackson. I'm also not sure how he finds any team that will pay him what he wants. My ultimate hope I that he realizes that he needs an agent and starts seeing what the actual market is.

https://www.theredzone.org/Blog-Desc...contract-talks

Ravens and Jackson "could possibly be" $100 million apart in contract talks

The Baltimore Ravens and quarterback Lamar Jackson "could possibly be" $100 million apart in contract talks over how much guaranteed money should be in his contract according to Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.

Fowler quotes an executive as saying "And it could become a standoff, because I wouldn't expect him to sign the tag for a while ... And they will be so far apart in the guaranteed money." Lamar Jackson's contract figures to be one of the NFL's premiere offseason sagas even after the Ravens tried to throw cold water on it during a presser in January. Deshaun Watson's fully-guaranteed contract is a massive outlier born of his leverage via a no-trade clause and several teams pursuing him, but it's possible that Jackson gets a large portion of his deal guaranteed from the Ravens or from a team that trades for him.

Was any of that not speculation?

"could possibly be"

they dont know anymore than we do
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.