Page 1 of 70 123 ... LastLast

The (Potential) Lamar Jackson Trade Thread

IF we trade Lamar, there's a wide range of opinions regarding what his value would be.
    Whether he should be traded or not has no place within this thread, as this would be simply the place to discuss what his value might be were DeCosta inclined to move him.

At the high end, I've seen three #1's, two #2's and a #3.
    On the low end I've seen a single #1, and perhaps another pick or two in the early rounds.

It would likely be the Ravens' preference to deal Lamar to the NFC, but that may not dissuade them from taking a great deal with an AFC partner. Teams that may be in the market for a QB in the NFC include the Commanders, Buccaneers, Panthers, Saints, Falcons, and Lions. Options in the AFC include the Jets, Dolphins, Colts, Texans and Raiders.

Naturally no one knows what teams will offer, but I think it would be reasonable to expect a bare minimum of three #1's and more, as that has been the going rate for starting QB's in trades.

Trades could potentially include players as well. While very unlikely, imagine the Dolphins trading Jaylen Waddle and two #1's for Lamar. That's one trade, but getting young, dynamic staters in lieu of picks can make a lot of sense, regardless of which team it is.

Anyway, what trade value do you feel Lamar can garner? Also, what teams make sense to you and at what cost?

Re: The (Potential) Lamar Jackson Trade Thread

I think it has been reduced to 2 firsts, with the 2023 first outside the top 6 or 7 picks in this years draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#8, #58 and Desmond Ridder
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    #8, #58 and Desmond Ridder
    Take it and run!

Why do people want Desmond Ridder? He looked pretty bad to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Take it and run!

All 3 parties probably take it and run lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rap1003 View Post
    I really really dont but we need a REAL back up QB not penny pinching UDFAs and he's good to start a few games before Anthony Richardson takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    All 3 parties probably take it and run lol
    Oh, Lamar would certainly be their RB1 as well if they trade for and pay him!

Blog Entries

I could be wrong, but I'll take a snag at a guess:

Non-Exclusive tag- Miami waits until after the draft to make an offer for Lamar and he goes to the Dolphins for their 2024 and 2025 first round picks. If they can't secure a first round pick for Tua, prior to the draft.
    Exclusive tag- Either Atlanta for 2 firsts, Ridder, and a couple of mid-round picks (Not that I would want Ridder. Just what I guess would happen). OR. To Miami for Tua, 1st 2024, and 1st 2025 and a mix/exchange of a couple of mid-late round picks (Again, not that I would want Tua. Just what I guess would happen).
    Last edited by The Excellector; 01-24-2023 at 06:28 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Non-Exclusive tag- Miami waits until after the draft to make an offer for Lamar and he goes to the Dolphins for their 2024 and 2025 first round picks
    Exclusive tag- Either Atlanta for 2 firsts, Ridder, and a couple of mid-round picks (Not that I would want Ridder. Just what I guess would happen). OR. To Miami for Tua, 1st 2024, and 1st 2025 and a mix/exchange of a couple of mid-late round picks (Again, not that I would want Tua. Just what I guess would happen).
    Harbaugh would take Tua and make him run QB Power lmao

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Non-Exclusive tag- Miami waits until after the draft to make an offer for Lamar and he goes to the Dolphins for their 2024 and 2025 first round picks
    Incould see Miami. Primarily because they, reportedly, were ready to move on from Tua last year

Exactly Ridder makes Lamar look like Marino
    Quote Originally Posted by Rap1003 View Post