Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Dez Bryant Calls Ravens coaches Lazy in their development of Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    That is not what happened with Lamar at Louisville however.
    I saw enough of him at Louisville, despite what fans want to claim its a pro style offense, that offense only worked because it was designed around the threat of lamars legs.

Coaches aren't and haven't developed him as a passer in the way someone would take a qb who ran a 5.1 40.

They see a way to get quick results and go for it

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    What I want to know is were the other coaches speaking up on this and their concerns were falling on deaf ears? I can’t buy that this is going unnoticed, but why wasn’t it ever corrected.

If the fans and various YouTubers know this is a problem how do NFL coaches not make any adjustments to the passing routes.
    Going off of the coaches comments throughout the season, I think they blamed all that stuff on the WR's running the wrong routes. Which even if true, you have to ask why are the WR's not able to run correct routes, I know it happens from time to time, but good coaching gets through to guys to at least do the basics. This shit was happening with vets like Desean Jackson and Mark Andrews.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    BINGO!

I’ve been saying it for a while. Coaches fall in love with Lamar’s running ability so much that instead of developing him as a passer and prioritizing it, they chuck that aspect of his game in the backseat and just focus on winning with his legs, because it’s easier in the short term. At least Petrino put him in a Pro style offense, but we didn’t even do that. And Lamar’s sick of it and I don’t blame him.
    Very much like the scene from "any given sunday"

Exactly! As fans we had to watch this shit-show and could do nothing about it. Image someone watching it who could do something about it. I guess us “end of the bar guys” just don’t understand why two receivers end up at the same place on the field, why our tight end should get a carry on a crucial 4th and 1, or why we do a quarterback back sneak from the 3-yard line. I’m sure that John is in full agreement with keeping our top running back on the sidelines on 4th and 1 or near the goal line.