2. Re: RsR 2023 Big Board forum Edition

3. Re: RsR 2023 Big Board forum Edition

4. Re: RsR 2023 Big Board forum Edition

Re: RsR 2023 Big Board forum Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Witherspoon:

Good traits ��
    Played at Illinois ��

I definitely like him but it's tough to trust that level of competition.
    Illinois was good this past year. and the B1G is the second-best football conference in football...there's plenty of competition he's faced.

I think WR or CB is the way to go this year if we keep our first and I like 'Spoon and Christian Gonzalez out of Oregon if those guys slip at CB and I'm a big fan of Quinton Johnston if the rumors of him sliding are true as well as Smith-Njigba.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Daniel Jerimiah came out with his first mock draft that is surely going to influence a lot of mock drafts.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jere...eams-selecting

Notable surprises:

Will Levis is 2nd QB off the board

Devon Witherspoon is first CB taken at #6

Lukas Van Ness (EDGE) at #8. Hadn't seen him in any previous 1st round mock, let alone top 10.

Will McDonald IV (EDGE) at #20. Hadn't seen him previously in any 1st round mocks either

Dalton Kinkaid (TE) is first TE off the board at #21. Most have had Michael Mayer as consensus top TE and only 1st round worthy TE.

Anthony Richardson to the Ravens.

Bijan Robinson all the way at #27.

Bryan Breese, a top 10 player on a lot of big boards, all the way down at #30.

Notably missing: Quentin Johnston, Cam Smith, Antonio Johnson, Kelee Ringo, Clark Phillips

Blog Entries

Witherspoon:

Good traits 👍
    Played at Illinois 👎

I definitely like him but it's tough to trust that level of competition.
    Level of competition? He played in the Big 10! How did Sauce Gardner do after playing at Cincinnati? That’s a step down from the Big 10. This isn’t Malik Willis at Liberty. It’s Illinois who plays in the 2nd best conference in the country

\

Level of competition my ass.

Look at 2:55

3:40

4:40
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; 01-24-2023 at 11:12 AM.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Y'all know what I mean there hasn't been a first rounder out of Illinois in a decade.

Y'all know what I mean there hasn't been a first rounder out of Illinois in a decade.
    There hadn't been a 1st rounder out of Cincy since 1971 before Gardner.

actually the Illinois secondary is quite interesting, physical, playmakers, good tacklers
    Witerspoon (31), Brown (30), Smith (7), Martin (21), among the 4 players they have 17 int, 37 pd, 151 tkls. I would be good with any of them

That doesn't really mean anything.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.