Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed Reed?

Re: Ed Reed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
    He brought light to the subject that MOST Americans are oblivious to.
    As usual he should shut up and color because he didn’t talk about something the way you think he should or like.
    Exactly shut up and dribble or in his place tackle. I'm so glad those days are behind us. Hopefully we can see some real change instead of this nothing to see here crap we've been force fed for my entire existence.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    I don't like it when athletes do it either.
    Like it or not it gets shit done. Do you honestly think that Ed handling this professionally would have done ANYTHING to honesty change a systemic issue that has now spanned generations? No. No institution of higher learning should EVER be so littered with trash. A head coach should not have to come clean trash out of his office before he even signs a contract to take the job. It’s an issue that’s been taking place for far too long.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Ed not wrong and Prime definitely not wrong let me tell you guys this from PERSONAL experience. HBSCU’s are a MAJOR PROBLEM. These schools talk the talk but they don’t walk the walk and if you guys ever played collegiate sport for some of these division 2 and even some division 1 schools you know what I’m saying. These schools don’t care about their student athletes, it’s all about money and politics while these program suffer and don’t get the funding it needs. They abuse and fraud those funds from a high level, often times it’s the coaches who end up funding things like transportation and food for these kids.

Also the kids are bad asf! Rampant petty crimes such as theft and assault on staff because that’s the culture they allow in a lot of these schools, you couldn’t leave shit in your locker, it absolutely WOULD get stolen. Sometimes coaches would try to hold some players accountable and they didn’t care, them fools was smoking weed sipping on syzurp, showing up to games high, eating like shit, gaining weight, staying up late, not being proactive and learning the sport or the playbook. It was a bad experience, I transferred as soon as I could. I’m telling you guys Ed said what needed to be said.
    wow that's sad, I had no idea

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Go ahead.....hold up your fist and scream......."You tell'em Ed!" ........"That shit needed to be said" and tomorrow no one will care. The HBCU's will be the same. One one will have done a damn thing. Ed should have worked to make change, there is way he could have done both.

He could have brought attention to the problems that face these schools, recruit NFL players that came from those schools.....get the NFL to chip in a couple bucks. Reed could have brought his name to the problem. After this blows over no one will even mention it.....it will go back to being an obscure problem.

Sanders could have done the same thing but choose to go "prime time" and that's his choice. But these problems will not fix themselves. As Jsmoove outlined the problems with these schools are much deeper then trash in the offices and on the fields. These colleges need guys like Prime and Reed to help.

Reed did little to help the problem. He will get a job somewhere else and the problems will continue at Bethune Cookman.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Go ahead.....hold up your fist and scream......."You tell'em Ed!" ........"That shit needed to be said" and tomorrow no one will care. The HBCU's will be the same. One one will have done a damn thing. Ed should have worked to make change, there is way he could have done both.

He could have brought attention to the problems that face these schools, recruit NFL players that came from those schools.....get the NFL to chip in a couple bucks. Reed could have brought his name to the problem. After this blows over no one will even mention it.....it will go back to being an obscure problem.

Sanders could have done the same thing but choose to go "prime time" and that's his choice. But these problems will not fix themselves. As Jsmoove outlined the problems with these schools are much deeper then trash in the offices and on the fields. These colleges need guys like Prime and Reed to help.

Reed did little to help the problem. He will get a job somewhere else and the problems will continue at Bethune Cookman.
    Jackson State and Bethune Cookman couldnt help themselves and ultimately it does NOT fall on a former football player to fix DECADES of corruption, under-funding and neglect.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Jackson State and Bethune Cookman couldnt help themselves and ultimately it does NOT fall on a former football player to fix DECADES of corruption, under-funding and neglect.
    So how does it begin? How does it get fixed? It's been that way for decades.....what's the solution? Reed could have been a part of that solution. Just screaming how bad the system is someone has to do something.....YOU tell me who is going to do it? These guys had the name recognition to shed light on the problems.

Come on.......how does it get fixed....WHO is going to fix it?

So how does it begin? How does it get fixed? It's been that way for decades.....what's the solution? Reed could have been a part of that solution. Just screaming how bad the system is someone has to do something.....YOU tell me who is going to do it? These guys had the name recognition to shed light on the problems.
    The administers and local government, Ed Reed knows football. Not how to run a college campus.

Someone has to step up.......Reed could have been that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    The administers and local government, Ed Reed knows football. Not how to run a college campus.
    See that's called moving the goal post........no one said he had to have the ability to run a college or University. He could have used his name to shed light on the problem.......people will listen when these guys talk. Not rant like a lunatic.

The adminstrators and local Governments are part of the problem. That's why they are in the mess to begin with. Someone has to lead the charge.....

See that's called moving the goal post........no one said he had to have the ability to run a college or University. He could have used his name to shed light on the problem.......people will listen when these guys talk. Not rant like a lunatic.
    Is that not exactly what he did though? We are talking about how HBCUs are a problem right now. because of Ed Reed

No he screamed and hollered a profanity laced unhinged rant.......what he should have done was called a press conference......if Ed Reed calls a press conference they will come......then have a presentation....pictures, statistics and a carefully thought out statement. He could have criticized the administration and local Government in a way that would have the rest of America behind Reed.

You think I am wrong? Just watch......tomorrow no one will care about Bethune Cookman.....things will go right back to the way they were........you watch! Then what?

See this problem is even deeper then Bethune Cookman and Ed Reed........you see what you did there? Now you want the Government to come fix it for you.........really? Tell me how the Government has helped the black community up to this point?

The problem in America is no one wants to talk about the truth....that's the problem. Just notice the lack of participation in this conversation.......no one wants to touch it because of the racial overtones it has. That's why nothing gets solved in America. No one wants to address the real problems. Afraid to death they will be called a racist. The race hustlers have figured out a way.....that there is almost nothing worst then be labeled a racist. You could be a thief, bank robber and even be a sexual predator ( looking at you Watson) and it's not worse then being called a racist. SO you know what? Problems like HBCU's get swept under the rug.......No one wants to address the real issues of the black community.

I guarantee there will be someone reading my post and says......OMG I can't believe he said these things. That somehow I am a racist. Couldn't be further from the truth.