Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Can Lamar suceed in a _____ offense?

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    The third year who was so bad he couldn't manage double digit receptions all season? Dude had 8 catches for 62 yards in 15 games. By way of comparison, Kolar had 4 receptions for 49 yards in 2 games.

Proche sucks.
    Do you think I am saying any different?
    Even when this board was “high” on Proche I was telling everyone he sucked.

My issue is, that players on other teams are being propped up as weapons. If we had those very same players we would be talking about them as garbage and complaining Lamar needs more help. It can’t go both ways. We judge our own players far harsher than players for other teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I've always questioned why in the hell we keep trying to run Lamar out of big packages. Spread the field, let him scan the field before deciding to run or throw.
    This is where I have been with Lamar. I for the life of me do not understand why they don't spread the field more and use Duvernay like San Fran uses Deebo. I think Lamar can win the SB and be a top 3 QB in the league if they spread it out. It would open up field for both passes and runs. He is deadly in the open field. However, I don't think he would be a top 10 QB in a pass heavy offense like the Chiefs.

I mean I am not against more spread but the truth is and the stats bear this out Lamar functions best in a play action offense.

The main thing that has really bothered me over the years is our inability to execute a simple screen it should have been a staple of our offense with Brown and Duvernay.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I mean I am not against more spread but the truth is and the stats bear this out Lamar functions best in a play action offense.

The main thing that has really bothered me over the years is our inability to execute a simple screen it should have been a staple of our offense with Brown and Duvernay.
    More spread also means more butt cheeks WR’s on the field and less quality TE/FB’s.

It’s partially due to roster construction, partially injury and partially market inefficiency .

Answer: Yes.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Lmao…. What a joke. No, Sky more can never fill the role of Tyreek Hill.

Are you sure because you said tyreek Hill was just a guy? lol

We all remember that post

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    More spread also means more butt cheeks WR’s on the field and less quality TE/FB’s.

It’s partially due to roster construction, partially injury and partially market inefficiency .

I mean I understand why people want to run the spread but I don't see how people looking at our personnel can say it makes any sort of sense.

All our talent is at TE/RB. We have like one legit WR in bateman who is hurt half the time. Splitting what we have out wide and telling Lamar to take off if they are covered is going to result in Lamar taking off more often then not.

Now just because you are running more of a play action offense doesn't mean you have to run 12 or 22 bunched personnel. We could run some play action from the 11 if we had 3 legit receivers to throw out there.

I mean we should all see it but for those who need to be convinced. Football reference in their splits breaks down Lamar stats by play as an example last season he had a 102.0 QB rating on RPO plays and 111.3 Qb rating on play action plays.

In 2021 he had a 112.8 qb rating on rpo. 96.7 qb rating on play action (83.8 on non PA plays).

[mention]Jsmoove [/mention]

Ok, now I’m done….