Page 56 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5455565758 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OC Interviews thread

My point was that you don't take a guy who ran, not only a Pro Style offense, but one of the more difficult ones for a QB, in college, and won the Heisman in it while throwing to undrafted WRs, and then decide 'Oh, well Greg Roman's high school passing scheme is best for him'. That doesn't make it true. Especially, when you put him in a team and organization that hasn't cared about the passing game being the focal point of the philosophy since the Mid-late 90s.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch11 View Post
    College is not the NFL.
    He also both ran more himself and handed it off more than he did in Romans system. The E-P passing system was a complete afterthought when Petrino called games. He ran him into the ground, into the teeth of the defense repeatedly, but posters pretend that’s not the case because it was the same playcalling language thenPats use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Is there an update on the OC search?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    My point is just that Bryce Young isnt anymore invalid because of his passing yards than Lamar is he had 3600 and 3300 , but dudes make it sound like he was 1800yrds passing.
    As was pointed out those guys never saw Lamar play in college. He was the most exciting player by far which why he won the Heisman at 19! The youngest ever winner. Lamar beat Deshaun Watson in the voting by almost 600 points.

Blog Entries

Jeff Z has an update in The Athletic. He thinks this could go until after the Super Bowl since Harbaugh is interested in some of the coaches on the Super Bowl teams who he can't interview until after the game. Also there were some names he listed who I hadn't seen anywhere such as former Ravens coach and Wisconsin OC Bobby Engram and University of Akron Head Coach Joe Moorhead. I've never heard of Moorhead since he's never been in the NFL but Jeff says he's been at the Castle often as someone the Ravens coaches bounce ideas off of. Interesting

Here is sample of the Super Bowl guys the Ravens could be interested in. As always I will give my shameless plug for anyone interested in any sport to subscribe to The Athletic. I got hooked in one their introductory deals and it was so good that I decided to pay and keep it

https://theathletic.com/4156593/2023...dinator-quest/

It’s also not a certainty that Roman’s successor comes from the list of five coaches who have gotten second interviews. That’s because there are a number of assistants on the Super Bowl staffs who could be of interest, including Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, senior offensive assistant and quarterbacks coach Matt Nagy and wide receivers coach Joe Bleymaier; and Eagles quarterbacks coach Brian Johnson and pass game coordinator Kevin Patullo....

...But the Ravens have already waited this long, and most of the candidates who garnered first interviews are still available. It makes sense to wait another week if the team views the Chiefs and Eagles assistants as legitimate candidates for the job. It’s not a lock that the likes of Bieniemy, Nagy and Johnson are interested in the Ravens opening or that their teams will greenlight the interviews. However, the Ravens won’t know for sure until they have those conversations, which they can do as soon as next Monday.

Jeff Zrebiec just tweeted that we are interviewing Bobby Engram for the OC position. Let me know if I am being pessimistic but I am starting to think we don't know what we want and which is a sign that we don't know what we are doing. We are interviewing coaches with systems all across the board it is like a customer that walks into best buy and says I want a computer and then the salesperson goes into detail about every available option. Harbaugh also likes to stay out of what his OC is doing but he should have a list of what he wants.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    Jeff Zrebiec just tweeted that we are interviewing Bobby Engram for the OC position. Let me know if I am being pessimistic but I am starting to think we don't know what we want and which is a sign that we don't know what we are doing. We are interviewing coaches with systems all across the board it is like a customer that walks into best buy and says I want a computer and then the salesperson goes into detail about every available option. Harbaugh also likes to stay out of what his OC is doing but he should have a list of what he wants.
    After Jim Caldwell left for the Lions the Ravens interviewed 30 candidates. They ended up with Gary Kubiak. I like the wide net. I am glad they are keeping an open mind and not just going with guys they know

Blog Entries

I just have to believe that, before a guy tenders his resignation to the Eagles or Chiefs, he's going to want to know who the QB will be.

Sure some of these guys would jump at the chance, regardless. But others are already being looked at as the next OC/HC so why would they risk it?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Yeah, I figured with as broad as this search has become they'd eventually make their way to Engram. They obviously know him well and it may well be a courtesy if nothing else.

I remember Moorhead as James Franklin's OC at PSU before being hired as Miss St.'s HC and he was fairly well-regarded at that time. IIRC he was also Oregon's OC for a couple years after MSU let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I just have to believe that, before a guy tenders his resignation to the Eagles or Chiefs, he's going to want to know who the QB will be.

Sure some of these guys would jump at the chance, regardless. But others are already being looked at as the next OC/HC so why would they risk it?
    Because the next thing you know, you are a Eric Bienemy.

You don’t know when another job offer comes along to pay you more money than you have ever dreamed of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Arizona narrows the field to Brian Flores, Lou Anuramo (Cinci DC), and Mike Kafka.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravens1991 View Post
    This is a flawed argument applying to an irrelevant hypothetical. The Ravens interviewing an OC candidate is not the same as a sales person selling a a laptop... This is a job interview with someone who will be getting a higher salary and an opportunity of HC interviews down the line (which comes with an even higher salary)... The Ravens don't need to sell much... Of course every company sells themselves to an extent during an interview, but it's really the OC candidate who should be doing the selling.

Most successful companies interview 50-100s of candidates for really important senior roles every day. A successful business wants to find the best person for the job who will fit their culture, and those guys will come from all kinds of different backgrounds and business practices, it is no different in professional sports. This is not a sign of the Ravens not knowing what they're doing. Harbaugh does not coach offense and does not have a particular offensive scheme he can just implement and then only interview the guys who can run that scheme. He needs to interview people from all kinds of schemes to see what would be the best fit for the 2023 season, especially considering that his job may well be on the line.