Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: OC Interviews thread

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Despite coming from the Andy Reid coaching tree, Harbs is not aligned to any particular offensive scheme and has shown that throughout his career. He is a pragmatist and will bring in whatever system he thinks will work for the Ravens at the time. From 2008-2013 the Ravens ran an uncompromising ACO and switched it to a full stretch zone WCO with Kubiak in 2014... He then switched the system to the read option power running game in 2019 with Roman. History shows that Harbs is happy to switch an offensive system and defers to whomever the OC is. There is no way you can bring a Shanahan guy in and demand that they keep Romans power man blocking scheme... It would be like mixing ice cream with pizza
    Shhh. You are not allowed to against the prevailing view that it is Harbaugh’s offense and that he needs to be fired. ��

#Ravens have requested permission to speak with #Seahawks    quarterbacks coach Dave Canales for their offensive coordinator job, per source. Canales is a longtime Seattle coach who worked closely with Geno Smith during his Pro Bowl year.

Everyone they've asked to interview is a passing oriented coach, either pass game coordinator, wide receiver coach, quarterback coach, or some combination of the above. This is very telling to me, the anti Harbaugh crowd's narrative of Harbs being hyper committed to a run first style of play is falling apart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Everyone they've asked to interview is a passing oriented coach, either pass game coordinator, wide receiver coach, quarterback coach, or some combination of the above. This is very telling to me, the anti Harbaugh crowd's narrative of Harbs being hyper committed to a run first style of play is falling apart
    I see different. Tee Martin and Kieth Williams was brought in to bolster the passing game, with no noticeable improvement. Maybe they know that without getting someone with a passing background the offense won't evolve.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Eveey guy they’re interviewing comes from the McVay/Shannahan/Kubiak lineage, either 1 or two degrees from them. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I see different. Tee Martin and Kieth Williams was brought in to bolster the passing game, with no noticeable improvement. Maybe they know that without getting someone with a passing background the offense won't evolve.
    🤔

Or biscuit stepped in again

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    🤔

Or biscuit stepped in again
    Exactly.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Exactly.
    He prob gonna lose a ton of revenue if Lamar leaves don’t think he can afford to put out there an ancient scheme again esp trying to sell the team soon

Facts. I’m impressed by who they’re interested in. Good job Harbs and co!

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Eveey guy they’re interviewing comes from the McVay/Shannahan/Kubiak lineage, either 1 or two degrees from them. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We’ve been saying this for years but it’s better late than never.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good start. Zac Robinson is in that Kevin O'Connell, Zack Taylor, Sean McVay tree.

McVay also coached under Mike and Kyle Shanahan.

Robinson would be a nice get. It's worth bearing in mind, though; Robinson is a hot name on the coaching market right now. If he comes here and kills it, he will get HC offers in 2024.
    Such is the problem of having a special teams HC. Your good coordinators are always leaving. That's no knock on Harbaugh, just a fact.

Blog Entries

What this is saying is that it's either this or LJ walks.