Page 16 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Re: OC Interviews thread

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Unlike some other well known divas at WR I can see OBJ "playing like a Raven". Plus he could be signed at a bargain price given the injury.

Do we want that though? Yet another WR with injury problems?
    Did he blow.out his knee twice or was one an ankle.or something

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Did he blow.out his knee twice or was one an ankle.or something
    It was a fractured ankle in 2017. Then it was a torn ACL in 2020 and the ACL in the other knee in the Super Bowl

Blog Entries

Jeff Z very detailed article: https://theathletic.com/4123365/2023...shared_article

found this interesting:

Brian Johnson

Current position: Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach
    Notable experience: Began his coaching career at the University of Utah after playing for the Utes; offensive coordinator at the college level for Utah, Houston and Florida; hired as the Eagles quarterbacks coach in 2021.
    Johnson is one of the hot names on the coaching circuit with Jalen Hurts’ rise into an MVP candidate. He’s reportedly in the mix for a few of the other offensive coordinator openings. There’s been no word if the Ravens have requested permission to interview him, but they couldn’t do that until Monday, a day after the Eagles play in the NFC Championship Game. There are a lot of connections between the Ravens and Eagles organizations, so Harbaugh figures to be well aware of Johnson’s strengths. A young offensive coordinator who played the quarterback position in college and has helped Hurts develop into one of the league’s most dynamic players would probably have Jackson’s attention.
    and thank you for this

Tee Martin

Current position: Ravens wide receivers coach
    Notable experience: A national championship-winning quarterback at Tennessee who played parts of four seasons in the NFL; spent seven seasons at USC, coaching wide receivers, coordinating the passing game and ultimately coordinating the entire offense; spent two years at Tennessee, his alma mater, as assistant head coach and wide receivers coach.
    The Ravens’ struggles at wide receiver the past two seasons probably won’t help his cause, but the front office hasn’t exactly given him a ton to work with, either. There have been reports out of Michigan that Martin is a candidate to join Jim Harbaugh’s staff, which could explain why there’s been no word yet that he’s interviewed for the Ravens’ offensive coordinator opening.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Replying to @jeffzrebiec
    and @TheAthletic

Who would u like as the new OC Jeff?

Jeff Zrebiec

Replying to @TrippyKicka
    and @TheAthletic

Robinson probably most intriguing to me. Lot of guys I think would be good though.

I'm just hoping they don't take so long in deciding that we begin to lose viable candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    I'm just hoping they don't take so long in deciding that we begin to lose viable candidates.
    Pats hired Bill O'Brien. One name off the table *sarcasm*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    coaches in the playoffs they can't even talk to until after this weekend

Blog Entries

Could David Shaw be an OC here? Is he an offensive coach?

Edit - Answered my own question.

I wonder if he is on their radar?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Could David Shaw be an OC here? Is he an offensive coach?

Checks all the boxes.

"Shaw was the quarterbacks coach for the Baltimore Ravens from 2002 to 2004 and wide receivers coach for the Ravens from 2002 to 2005, with the 2003 team finishing with a 10–6 regular season mark and winning the AFC North. In 2005, Shaw coached wide receivers Derrick Mason to a Ravens record of 86 receptions and 1,073 receiving yards (the third-highest Baltimore record) and Mark Clayton to a Ravens rookie record of 44 receptions for 471 yards"
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    coaches in the playoffs they can't even talk to until after this weekend
    Not this weekend but they could have previously. I think Demeco Ryans has had about 3 interviews already for HC positions since the playoffs started and canceled a few others.

If they Ravens had previously interviewed playoff coaches, they could have verbal agreements in place. Of course those aren't guaranteed to stand

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Not this weekend but they could have previously. I think Demeco Ryans has had about 3 interviews already for HC positions since the playoffs started and canceled a few others.

If they Ravens had previously interviewed playoff coaches, they could have verbal agreements in place. Of course those aren't guaranteed to stand
    the other piece is Lamar's involvement. What does that process look like, are they simply going to ask what type of scheme he prefers or let him get deeper into who's who?
    He's going to have to be accessible to have input.

And they aren't sure if they can come to terms on a long term deal yet. Lots of reasons not to rush it but yeah, it may mean losing a guy by not moving quicker

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    the other piece is Lamar's involvement. What does that process look like, are they simply going to ask what type of scheme he prefers or let him get deeper into who's who?
    He's going to have to be accessible to have input.

And they aren't sure if they can come to terms on a long term deal yet. Lots of reasons not to rush it but yeah, it may mean losing a guy by not moving quicker

Lamar's Involvement is why they have been looking guys who are passing game coordinators and WR/QB Coaches.

Thats probably what that means in Raven's terms.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.