Page 36 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OC Interviews thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Looks like we see why Slowick wasn’t interviewing with anybody…he’s probably going with Ryans to the Texans.
    Makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Will he bring metcalf and Lockett
    There have been pundits that think Lockett could be a trade target for a lot of teams.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Just seen that Dave Canales is coming back for a 2nd interview

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Just seen that Dave Canales is coming back for a 2nd interview
    I read that as well and am happy to hear it. I've heard nothing but good things about how much players like Canales. The style of offense the Seahawks use is run heavy with deep passing. It's what they have been trying to do. Canales seems like a good fit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    There have been pundits that think Lockett could be a trade target for a lot of teams.

I'm not usually a fan of trading for guys over 30 at skill positions but Lockett is a different story. His consistency is unreal. Every year it's over 1000 yards and 8 to 10 touchdowns. I'd prefer Lockett over Hopkins.

We need to be done very soon, like no later than one week after SB if they desire to interview someone playing THAT IS LIKELY BETTER THAN WHO WE HAVE HAD IN. Otherwise get done now

7. Re: OC Interviews thread

Young, religious, loving his family, he wrote a marriage book with his wife, he comes from doing a great job with Geno Smith, he's like the ideal son that Harbaugh would have wanted

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArgentinaRaven View Post
    Young, religious, loving his family, he wrote a marriage book with his wife, he comes from doing a great job with Geno Smith, he's like the ideal son that Harbaugh would have wanted
    I hadn't even thought about the off the field stuff with Canales. The fit with Harbaugh sounds perfect. He's worked with Pete Carroll since 2009. Pete is the most positive and upbeat coach in the NFL. Hopefully that rubbed off because the Ravens could really use some of that. The more I think about Canales the more I hope he gets the job

Yeah, I like the Canales news.

Feels like the Robinson buzz such as it is has cooled. I'm good with that...he's a little too green, IMO.

I'm just glad they're doing their due diligence and not just going the in-house route right off the bat. They ultimately still might, but at least they're taking their time and casting a wider net than they typically do.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I hadn't even thought about the off the field stuff with Canales. The fit with Harbaugh sounds perfect. He's worked with Pete Carroll since 2009. Pete is the most positive and upbeat coach in the NFL. Hopefully that rubbed off because the Ravens could really use some of that. The more I think about Canales the more I hope he gets the job
    Yeah and he checks all the boxes in terms of experience as a coach. He even has play calling experience in college, so it's not like one of these position coaches that have never called plays. He was the WR coach when the Seahawks won the SB and has been in the NFL for a long time. In a way he reminds me of the offense version of Mike MacDonald (just from the Carroll coaching tree rather than Harbaugh). He is someone like MacDonald who is young but has had lots of NFL coaching experience and had college experience as an offensive coordinator. Oh and he was a player.

Tyler Lockett is someone I totally forgot about ... He is someone who the Ravens could realistically target and fits the personality that Harbs will like. The only issue with Lockett (other than being 30) is that his cap hit in 2023 is going to be 16 million. Ideally, you'd like to restructure the contract to lower his 2023 cap hit slightly. With that said, to get a productive and consistent WR like Lockett, we are going to have to pay up either way, or hope that we can get someone like that at #22... And history strongly suggests that the Ravens would be better off just paying someone, we just can't seem to draft those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by mddisney1 View Post
    We need to be done very soon, like no later than one week after SB if they desire to interview someone playing THAT IS LIKELY BETTER THAN WHO WE HAVE HAD IN. Otherwise get done now

They have the extra week for Super Bowl if there's someone on the Eagles they want to interview.

Not only did he work miracles with Geno Smith Russell Wilson had his best 3 years when he became the QB coach. My concern is the fact his name isn't being thrown around for other OC opportunities, is there something we don't know.