Page 53 of 90 FirstFirst ... 5152535455 ... LastLast

Re: OC Interviews thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Let's be clear. I didn't give Geno Smith credit. I gave Pete Carroll and Seattle's WRs credit. And we don't have Pete Carroll, Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf.
    You gave Pete Carroll(a defensive coach) credit for Waldron/Canales scheme though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    You gave Pete Carroll(a defensive coach) credit for Waldron/Canales scheme though.

Pete has a real bias towards running the ball. He says it all the time. He ever fired Brian Schottenheimer because he didn't call enough runs. It's not Pete Carroll's system but it's within the parameters that Carroll has set.

Yeah we heard for the last 5 years how Pete Carroll was holding back Russell Wilson. We saw how that went this past season.

Carroll is even more of a run guy than Harbaugh.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Yeah we heard for the last 5 years how Pete Carroll was holding back Russell Wilson. We saw how that went this past season.

Which was strange when talking about Geno how Ex kept saying “but Pete Carroll, DK and a Lockett aren’t coming with him”

I don't mind a run heavy team.

I hate when a team is only built to win if they can run.

At some point your going to be down 17 or the other team will make you play left handed.

It's why academy offenses don't work at the highest levels of cfb or in the nfl

If Weiss hadn’t got in trouble at Michigan he’d be the coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Angelichio did but he's the only one. He's a career tight ends coach who was the passing game coordinator last year for the Vikings.
    I don’t want any Vikings guy. Jetta makes that offense go and we don’t have one

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Just as we suspected. None of the pass first coaches got a second interview. Roman may be gone, but the philosophy will remain the same.
    Not necessarily. As of now, the way the Ravens are constructed, we couldn't be a pass-first team even if we wanted to be. We'll always have the imprint of strong running and punishing defense. With that as a foundation, I'm sure one of those OC candidates would introduce a more effective passing game. We just don't have the pieces, nor the draft choices, to greatly change our offensive philosophy. The positive things is that any new OC will know what needs to be accomplished, but it may take a while to get it into full effect... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I don't mind a run heavy team.

I hate when a team is only built to win if they can run.

At some point your going to be down 17 or the other team will make you play left handed.

It's why academy offenses don't work at the highest levels of cfb or in the nfl
    I agree and I think the team finally realized that as well and that’s why Roman is gone.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    I can see the Bears bringing him.

I Just watched a video like two days ago that said Bears new GM might not even be sold on keeping Justin Fields as crazy as that sounds.

So far Roman has not gotten any interviews further proof no NFL teams think his offense was worth a damn.

11. Re: OC Interviews thread

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I Just watched a video like two days ago that said Bears new GM might not even be sold on keeping Justin Fields as crazy as that sounds.

So far Roman has not gotten any interviews further proof no NFL teams think his offense was worth a damn.
    Most NFL teams don't want run first QBs. Roman took the Ravens from 4-5 with Flacco to 6-1 with Lamar, and the 2 have a approx .750 winning percentage.

The Ravens lost their last 2 playoff games with massive screw ups that cost 14 points. The Roman offense got the Ravens offense perfectly well up to the point where either Lamar throws to Andrews in the end zone and it's a pick 6 in the other direction, or Huntley dives for a TD, fumbles and it's a 100 yard scoop and score. 14 point swings. The offense was perfectly fine up to that point in both games. If there wasn't a massive 14 point screwup, those could/should have been wins. If you pass all the time and then screw up 14 points with one play or if you do the same thing with running and then -14, it's the same result.

12. Re: OC Interviews thread

I agree and I think the team finally realized that as well and that’s why Roman is gone.
    I think they got rid of Roman to make Lamar happy, to keep Lamar.