Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Lamar Jackson College Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Ok. So I’m legit curious.

What current NFL team runs an offense you guys think Lamar would be excel in? I’m talking about coaching, scheme AND personnel.

It would be nice if you could pick a team that may want to trade for Lamar as I feel this ship has sailed. I think the divide is too wide to span at this point.

So for all the Lamar guys …post your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think anyone top 15 qb could thrive in Atlanta, Seattle or the jets with the playmakers they have honestly

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I think anyone top 15 qb could thrive in Atlanta, Seattle or the jets with the playmakers they have honestly
    Thanks HBg. You actually read the post and answered.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Ok. So I’m legit curious.

What current NFL team runs an offense you guys think Lamar would be excel in? I’m talking about coaching, scheme AND personnel.

It would be nice if you could pick a team that may want to trade for Lamar as I feel this ship has sailed. I think the divide is too wide to span at this point.

So for all the Lamar guys …post your thoughts.
    Lamar would be good in any scheme. Some people would probably think he's a better QB in a traditional scheme that passes the ball more. I think too many people still over value the importance of passing volume as a measure of quality. My question is which scheme is better? A scheme that incorporates QB read-option or a "traditional" scheme. I think the efficiency metrics answer this question quite definitively but people still are wrapped up in 'style' over substance.

I hope the next scheme still features QB read-option but that they have a coordinator that speak to Lamar on a QB to QB level. I would love Frank Reich as mentor/coach that can wrap his arm around Lamar's shoulder and tell him the truth about which aspects of his game he needs to clean up.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Any scheme that actually marries the run and pass game. It baffles me that our run game is so insane, yet we rarely see guys running wide open off of play action

C’Mon man. I know you don’t just watch Ravens games. Answer the post. I’m legit curious.

Blog Entries

Lamar Jackson could excel in a number of schemes. Jackson's issues, coming out of Louisville, were purely mechanical. He goes through his reads better than most, makes better decisions with the ball than most. He has the arm for a Coryell based offense. He would do good to have a reliable boundary WR there. He played in a Perkins-Ernhardt variation at Louisville. He could excel in a West Coast offense under Head Coach who stresses the importance of the passing game. It's such a timing offense that under a Head Coach who only really cares about the run, it's just going to be hard to drill in those fundamentals with repetition.

Jackson has just about everything you would want in a QB, between the ears and in his arm. One of the few things I've noticed is that he doesn't seem as comfortable passing in the cold or rain. But that's not a glaring issue for him either. He just needs a philosophy that will prioritize the importance of his mechanics. As in, #1. Not, #5, behind defense, running the ball, special teams and whatever else. It needs to be top priority. With that, he doesn't honestly 'need' to be a runner per se. It's just that every coach he meets falls in love with his legs and then gets lazy in their efforts to develop his passing, because it's so much easier to just rely on his legs and win that way in the short-term.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by eddy204 View Post
    sorry buddy you dont know me . my intent was to show that lamar progressed in the system and was capable of running it. To show Lamar does put in the work and is willing to get better.
    Not a lamar hater or lover.
    I'm a Raven's fan and would love to see the most dynamic guy stay here if it doesnt hurt the team
    And in the future please don't out words in my mouth . not appreciated
    I really feel for you, my man. You cant talk to these dudes. Im not sure which of them should be atop the Jackson 5, but its between The Excuser, Xnad0 I don't know, Punk City_39, Always Wrong Baldy, Skinlandfan85 and Hawaii five-0's. There's probably more, but I'm new to the board.

All they do is cover for the choke jobs, spazz jobs, and playoff duds and blame everyone else. Its pretty frustrating overall.

Btw, I am not a hater either, I just hate being labeled when anyone not in denial can see what's really going on. Only in Baltimore is your QB a Golden Calf only to be bowed to and never criticized. That's unless its someone other than Jackson of course.

Hang in there, eddy204.
    Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex. ― Frank Zappa

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MacMunin View Post
    I really feel for you, my man. You cant talk to these dudes. Im not sure which of them should be atop the Jackson 5, but its between The Excuser, Xnad0 I don't know, Punk City_39, Always Wrong Baldy, Skinlandfan85 and Hawaii five-0's. There's probably more, but I'm new to the board.

All they do is cover for the choke jobs, spazz jobs, and playoff duds and blame everyone else. Its pretty frustrating overall.

Btw, I am not a hater either, I just hate being labeled when anyone not in denial can see what's really going on. Only in Baltimore is your QB a Golden Calf only to be bowed to and never criticized. That's unless its someone other than Jackson of course.

Hang in there, eddy204.

I'm throwing the flag Sir. Slapping us with mocking nicknames is all well and good, but at least come up with something better than 'The Excuser' and 'Punk City_39'. Show some creativity please. I mean we have a high standard here at RSR, when it comes to mocking nicknames.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

lackeys or people looking for a handout then. idk