Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: Lamar Jackson College Stats

Quote Originally Posted by MacMunin View Post
    You must be the leader of the RSR's "Jackson 5". Are you not? Please let me know. Thank you, Sir.
    I’ll never understand why it’s so hard for folks to admit they said something stupid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Lol what’s up with all these new cats?
    Lol I’m telling y’all they’re sleeper cells sent from the castle. It’s crazy how Lamar has this effect on folks lol. Joe was straight booty for years and no sleeper cells were to be found

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_n_Bama View Post
    The vast majority of qb's are unable to replicate their college success in the NFL so how Lamar performed in college is kind of irrelevant.

This "Lamar didn't have any weapons in college" is equally as stupid. How many of the DB's Lamar played against are in the league?
    He destroyed Clemson who was the National Champion

Nick Marshall destroyed Bama...

See how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    There was a really simple way to put this whole thing to bed. Too bad, we waited till DEFCON 1 to turn to it. All we had to do is go out and give Lamar a top-10 group of receivers. Even if you can't get that alpha dog you go get several guys on that next rung of receivers who can make plays. Instead, we traded the best receiver on the team (Hollywood) and hoped the guy who was hurt last year and only played half the season would stay healthy and rapidly develop.

Now you have to decide to hand this guy 250 million or so without the benefit of seeing how that money will look in a more advanced passing game with better weapons. Not optimal. Did not have to be this way.
    There is a lot of truth behind this.

Particularly I like the idea of having several B-tier options over a single A tier guy and a bunch of nobodies. This is the Jacksonville/KC model instead of the Buffalo model.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief_n_Bama View Post
    Nick Marshall destroyed Bama...

See how that works?
    You asked a question and then moved the goalpost lmaooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    There was a really simple way to put this whole thing to bed. Too bad, we waited till DEFCON 1 to turn to it. All we had to do is go out and give Lamar a top-10 group of receivers. Even if you can't get that alpha dog you go get several guys on that next rung of receivers who can make plays. Instead, we traded the best receiver on the team (Hollywood) and hoped the guy who was hurt last year and only played half the season would stay healthy and rapidly develop.

Now you have to decide to hand this guy 250 million or so without the benefit of seeing how that money will look in a more advanced passing game with better weapons. Not optimal. Did not have to be this way.
    This is what me and 7716 have been screaming all year. It made no sense for them to double down on the ZERO WRs/Humbo Jumbo/Bully ball/Pat Ricard offense this year when theyre trying to figure out if they should pay lamar.

Congrats, you gave Lamar the worst WR group imaginable, good luck evaluating that.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

8. Re: Lamar Jackson College Stats

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    That’s just not true. He played after Lamar left

False. One year of overlap.

9. Re: Lamar Jackson College Stats

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    This is what me and 7716 have been screaming all year. It made no sense for them to double down on the ZERO WRs/Humbo Jumbo/Bully ball/Pat Ricard offense this year when theyre trying to figure out if they should pay lamar.

Congrats, you gave Lamar the worst WR group imaginable, good luck evaluating that.
    Lamar was hurt.

WR1 Bateman was hurt

WR2 Duvernay was hurt

RB1 Dobbins was hurt

RB2 Edwards was hurt

The Ravens still made the playoffs.

This message board is full of people who don't understand that players who are injured and out don't suck. There is a difference between sucking and being out because of injury. Bateman's yards per target was over 10. That's good. Bateman is very fast. That's good. The Ravens had more fast WRs than any other team this year. That's good. Bateman, Duvernay and Djax were all top 10 fastest WRs this year. But 2 of them were out at the end of the season, along with Lamar.

Bateman. Starting Z
    Duvernay. Starting Slot
    Andrews. Starting TE
    Lamar. Starting QB
    Dobbins/Edwards. Starting RB
    ????? A great new expensive WR who the whiny baby Ravens fans will need to feel better about the Ravens.

If any of those solid players get hurt, the stupid whiny baby Ravens fans will completely forget those players ever existed and will blame the coaches or the front office for not getting good players to play that position.

But they do need a good starting WR to play 80% of the snaps, probably at X, because Bateman isn't so big, but he is very fast, which says Z to me.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Lamar was hurt.

WR1 Bateman was hurt

WR2 Duvernay was hurt

RB1 Dobbins was hurt

RB2 Edwards was hurt

This message board is full of people who don't understand that players who are injured and out don't suck. There is a difference between sucking and being out because of injury. Bateman's yards per target was over 10. That's good. Bateman is very fast. That's good. The Ravens had more fast WRs than any other team this year. That's good. Bateman, Duvernay and Djax were all top 10 fastest WRs this year. But 2 of them were out at the end of the season, along with Lamar.

Bateman. Starting Z
    Duvernay. Starting Slot
    Andrews. Starting TE
    Lamar. Starting QB
    ????? A great new expensive WR who the whiny baby Ravens fans will need to feel better about the Ravens.

If any of those solid players get hurt, the stupid whiny baby Ravens fans will completely forget those players ever existed and will blame the coaches or the front office for not getting good players to play that position.

But they do need a good starting WR to play 80% of the snaps, probably at X, because Bateman isn't so big, but he is very fast, which says Z to me.
    You can try to defend the Ravens getting rid of their top 2 WRs, not replacing them and then relying on Formerly injured Rookie Bateman to step up and punt returner Duvernay to step up and QB4 James Proche to step up.

It was dumb at the time and its still dumb.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post

It is why I laugh any time someone tells me what a great coach Harbaugh is and what a great OC Roman was.

What did 2021 year teach everyone fans included? Injuries killed this team in 2021, yet the sole position group that was healthy was WR. Yet we saw no transition from these moronic coaches to run 3 WR sets even when they had (Brown, Bateman, Duvernay, Proche,) all healthy Hell even Wallace I think was healthy. NOPE.

These morons kept running all of the just signed re tread RBS against brick wall Defenses hoping for a different conclusion. Its because they are dumb, out of date, arrogant and refuse to learn.

So they then traded away the teams best WR. Lamars favorite team mate, did not bother to replace him and then told us (Vault was opened) the passing offense was going to be better and they did exactly the opposite of that right out of the gate. You saw More Pat Ricard, More Josh Oliver, Likely and a whole hell of a lot less WRS on the field.

This is why I continue to tell you these is not a well coached team regardless of what nonsense you try and argue. They are square peg fit into round hole and hope it works.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Lamar was hurt.

WR1 Bateman was hurt

WR2 Duvernay was hurt

RB1 Dobbins was hurt

RB2 Edwards was hurt

Bateman. Starting Z
    Duvernay. Starting Slot
    Andrews. Starting TE
    Lamar. Starting QB

Lamar was not hurt in 2021 at the beginning of the season when all the RBS went down.

In 2021 the entire WR core was healthy, Bateman missed few games but still ended up making his debut.

Yet these coaches never looked at what gave them the best chances to win.

The kept running retread RB castoffs into stacked DLS getting no run game over and over and kept wondering why.