Thread: Ivan Provorov

Ivan Provorov

So a bit of an Alejandro Villenueva thing is happening in regards to this guy refusing to wear a pride Jersey.

I was kid of shocked to learn even in hockey this culture war stuff was going on.

Apparently after the stand he made his Jersey was selling out.

I personally think coporations should stay out of issues regarding race and sexuality and by that I mean they should not actively require their players to wear "colors"/bend the knee here where it might imply in any way the employee they are placing this burden on is aligned politically with a controversial group or policy relating to that group.

Let's face it. Supporting equal rights is not supporting reparations. It's not supporting the idea the country is irredeemably racist etc.

Supporting dignity and right for gay and transgener people is not tacit agreement that compulsion for gender affrirming care is "right", and that there is no light there to allow for religious exemptions that create exemptions from compelled positive affirmations of lifestyle whereby an employee can sit the knee bending out etc..

Why and how have we gotten here?

I think it goes back to the idea that we are so good at tolerance and racial harmony here in the US, live and let live, that you can no longer make political hay out of these issues so you need to push the boundaries of what is okay to a point where it remains an issue you can politically exploit.

That's f'd up.

Bend the knee mother fucker.

Blog Entries

Re: Ivan Provorov

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    So a bit of an Alejandro Villenueva thing is happening in regards to this guy refusing to wear a pride Jersey.

I was kid of shocked to learn even in hockey this culture war stuff was going on.

I personally think coporations should stay out of issues regarding race and sexuality and by that I mean they should not actively require their players to wear "colors"/bend the knee here where it might imply in any way the employee they are placing this burden on is aligned politically with a controversial group or policy relating to that group.

Let's face it. Supporting equal rights is not supporting reparations. It's not supporting the idea the country is irredeemably racist etc.

Supporting dignity and right for gay and transgener people is not tacit agreement that compulsion for gender affrirming care is "right", and that there is no light there to allow for religious exemptions that create exemptions from compelled positive affirmations of lifestyle whereby an employee can sit the knee bending out etc..

I think it goes back to the idea that we are so good at tolerance and racial harmony here in the US, live and let live, that you can no longer make political hay out of these issues so you need to push the boundaries of what is okay to a point where it remains an issue you can politically exploit.

That's f'd up.

I don't think it's what used to be known as LBG that is the current problem. I think it's more of the TQIA who are the bullies of the rest of us. It's not good enough for them that we believe in the saying live and let live. They insist on shoving their lifestyle down our throats, kissing their ass, calling them by their pronoun(not happening), and grooming our kids.

The left is all about tolerance until yiu disgaree with them. Then you must be cancelled

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    The left is all about tolerance until yiu disgaree with them. Then you must be cancelled
    Yep, here's another prime example. Tony Dungy to attend March for Life, dubbed right-wing extremist

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tony-...wing-extremist

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Yep, here's another prime example. Tony Dungy to attend March for Life, dubbed right-wing extremist

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/tony-...wing-extremist
    Wrong think.

I believe he's had other issues where he is on the wrong side of the narrative for a black man.

Unlike Cosby I'd bet my house on the fact he has no "roofie" type incidents to exploit in his past.

Dude is a mensch.

Blog Entries

That's f'd up.

Ivan Provorov's jersey has sold out and other merchandise donning Provorov’s name are also flying off the shelves. https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahba...l-out-n2618534

That's f'd up.

Not only should corporations mind their own, but worse, schools are indoctrinating children into this agenda at an age where these little kids cannot understand what is happening to them. The psychopath freaks who run this dumpster fire have a thing with androgyny.
    Politics is the entertainment division of the military industrial complex. ― Frank Zappa