Page 1 of 74 123 ... LastLast

Rebuilt WIDE RECEIVER room, wwyd?

If it was up to me, the only lock to return in this group would be Bateman.

I’d be looking at these guys:

DJ Chark (pending UFA)
    Michael Thomas (potential post June 1 cut)
    Deandre Hopkins (potential trade candidate)
    Jakobi Meyers (pending UFA)
    Mack Hollins (pending UFA)
    Adam Thielen (pending UFA)
    Mecole Hardman (pending UFA)
    Allen Lazard (pending UFA)
    Tyler Lockett (potential trade target)
    Brandon Cooks (potential trade candidate)
    Denzel Mims (potential trade candidate)
    Darius Slayton (pending UFA)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Rebuilt WIDE RECEIVER room, wwyd?

Hopkins and Lockett have big contracts I believe I don't think they can be acquired by us.

Lazard and dj chark seem like Ravens type targets but they will get more $ than you expect. Teams are drafting qbs and will spend $

Olamide Zaccheaus.

For the name alone.

Lockett seems like the kind of guy that we trade for and then he falls off a cliff immediately

I think Mecole Hardman could be had for a decent contract that won't compete with what some others may get. He's also fairly young so he could stick around for awhile. He'd be like a Hollywood replacement. Denzel Mims also. Both of these are me assuming the Ravens will still try to be a little cheap with WR

If money isn't going to be an issue, they gotta go after Hopkins, Chark, or even Slayton. Give me one of them opposite Bateman and a competent pass game OC and this offense could be a nightmare for defenses

Blog Entries

I would sign Thielen to play the #2 then probably re-sign Robinson. Bateman gets his chance at being the top guy in a hopefully more receiver friendly offense. Not really rebuilding it from scratch but I think it works if they stay healthy.

Still don't think they're going to spend a significant amount on one so I'd temper expectations in any case.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I kind of wonder how much left in the tank for Thielen. He plays next to arguably the best WR in the game, along with a very good pass catching TE. Yet it doesn't seem like he was routinely beating the obvious single coverage. His analytical numbers have essentially decreased 4 straight years. On a one year deal I suppose we could do a lot worse, but I feel like our team is well rounded enough (with Lamar anyway) we should be pooling resources into a true game breaker at WR.

probably a washed up Julio Jones

Blog Entries

I would imagine that my opinions on this subject would be universally known, throughout the board, 75 times over. So I feel no need to express them again.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Hopkins and Lockett have big contracts I believe I don't think they can be acquired by us.

Lazard and dj chark seem like Ravens type targets but they will get more $ than you expect. Teams are drafting qbs and will spend $
    I could see a team paying Lazard like $14-15 mil a year. After the Christian Kirk contract the WR market exploded

No matter what we have to attack this as if we don’t have Bateman. He’s injury prone.

Lazard seems like a perfect fit but I’d love for us to go after some speed this year.