Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

ESPN 30 for 30 “Bullies of Baltimore” about the 2000 Baltimore Ravens

@BlogAndTackle
    ESPN announces ESPN Films’ 30 for 30 “Bullies of Baltimore” about the 2000 Baltimore Ravens will premiere February 5 at 8:30 p.m. ET
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Re: ESPN 30 for 30 “Bullies of Baltimore” about the 2000 Baltimore Ravens

This seems like it should have been made about 10 years ago. I feel like half the (Ravens) fans weren't even around in 2000, and people no longer respect defense anyway.

Thanks I will check that out.

Blog Entries

Thanks!. Must see TV.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

"We don't believe in 100-yard rushers" - Ray Lewis.

That quote must be in it.

Listened to Baltimore beatdown podcast this morning and they interviewed the guys that made the film. Very cool. Worth a listen. They basically said the guys picked up right where they left off and had plenty of stories to share. Tony Siragusa a month before he passed. RIP. Unedited version will be on ESPN+. Im very excited to see this. I guess there is unheard audio of Billick in locker room after beating Titans in divisional round.

Here's a short clip......not from the 30 for 30 show.

But that Super Bowl had a way more profound effect then the 2012 Super Bowl. The 2000 game was not that long after the Ravens came to be. The Psych of the football fan in Baltimore was coming out of a collective funk. They had lost their beloved Colts team, and let's face it when the circumstances under which the team ( Browns) came to Baltimore had some underpinning angst about it. This Super Bowl win was cathartic.....a city that gave a collective sigh of relief. We were back....baby! Not only were we back we had one of the best defenses in the history of the NFL!

The city came together.......washed in purple. Cars, buildings, schools and businesses all came together. Heck they were painting the ravens logo in the streets......the side walks. When the parade took place the entire city and surrounding counties shut down. I had jury duty the day before the parade and the judge postponed the trial because of the parade. We all cried with Jarmine Lewis lost his son passed.......raising his finger to the sky in memory. ( pictured in the clip).

This was not just a super bowl, this was a rebirth of football in Baltimore!

That team and Brian Billick will always have a special place in my heart.

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=886263779242736

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Here's a short clip......not from the 30 for 30 show.

But that Super Bowl had a way more profound effect then the 2012 Super Bowl. The 2000 game was not that long after the Ravens came to be. The Psych of the football fan in Baltimore was coming out of a collective funk. They had lost their beloved Colts team, and let's face it when the circumstances under which the team ( Browns) came to Baltimore had some underpinning angst about it. This Super Bowl win was cathartic.....a city that gave a collective sigh of relief. We were back....baby! Not only were we back we had one of the best defenses in the history of the NFL!

The city came together.......washed in purple. Cars, buildings, schools and businesses all came together. Heck they were painting the ravens logo in the streets......the side walks. When the parade took place the entire city and surrounding counties shut down. I had jury duty the day before the parade and the judge postponed the trial because of the parade. We all cried with Jarmine Lewis lost his son passed.......raising his finger to the sky in memory. ( pictured in the clip).

This was not just a super bowl, this was a rebirth of football in Baltimore!

That team and Brian Billick will always have a special place in my heart.

https://www.facebook.com/watch?v=886263779242736
    Comparing SB titles is like comparing your children. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Comparing SB titles is like comparing your children. Come on.
    I think I laid out how I could......My post was how I felt about it. I am sure there are others who have a different take......that's OK.

I only have one child......LOL But I do have a bunch of grand children. That said......you can only have your "first" one time.

There were other reasons that made it special for me that I didn't mention. I was coaching football at the time so that was cool as well.

I met my wife that year......so there is that.

No one was going to beat the 2000 Ravens in the playoffs. They were fun to watch but only for Ravens fans. Favorite play that year was Ray stripping Eddie George and running back for a TD. Everyone has seen the clip but it was a thing of beauty live.

Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
    No one was going to beat the 2000 Ravens in the playoffs. They were fun to watch but only for Ravens fans. Favorite play that year was Ray stripping Eddie George and running back for a TD. Everyone has seen the clip but it was a thing of beauty live.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

My favorite 3 images from that SB are, in no particular order:

The completely shocked look on Sehorn's face the moment Stokley secured the TD pass.

Starks looking behind him grinning as he completed the pick-6

Jermaine pointing to the sky on the return.