Page 5 of 554 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: News/rumors 2023 season

Colts’ owner Jim Irsay announced his team interviewed Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for its head coaching job.

Play it in Cleveland

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Colts’ owner Jim Irsay announced his team interviewed Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for its head coaching job.
    got his rooney rule checkmark

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    got his rooney rule checkmark
    Bienemy should charge for these.
    It ain't pretty, but it's us.
    AND I'M HERE FOR IT ALL, BABY.

We were getting healthier...

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    Play it in Cleveland
    I thought that too, but it's way closer to Buffalo. It would bascially be a home crowd for the Bills.

If it had to indoors, they why not Indy or Detroit. Somewhere in or near the Midwest.

Atlanta makes zero sense.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Bienemy should charge for these.
    Definitely

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    I thought that too, but it's way closer to Buffalo. It would bascially be a home crowd for the Bills.

If it had to indoors, they why not Indy or Detroit. Somewhere in or near the Midwest.

Atlanta makes zero sense.
    Because Midwest would be Chiefs territory. They wanted a site that would be about equally far away from both teams. Neutral. But that's not all.

They picked a down market place that wants a good game, easy access airport with plenty of hotel space and restaurants. They picked a warm climate place so that people can enjoy themselves and have a great time uninhibited by the cold of the north. They picked a newer stadium that is attractive and not run down. They want a good experience.

This is a decision that is about the future of neutral site championship games. They are testing how much money they can make and the possibility of making two more "mini-superbowls".

Don't you think for one $econd that if they can make more money by neutral site games that they won't take away the home team advantage of the AFCCG and NFCCG. They are testing to see how much they can make and if it's enough, neutral site championship games will become a regular thing.

That's what this is about.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Because Midwest would be Chiefs territory. They wanted a site that would be about equally far away from both teams. Neutral. But that's not all.

They picked a down market place that wants a good game, easy access airport with plenty of hotel space and restaurants. They picked a warm climate place so that people can enjoy themselves and have a great time uninhibited by the cold of the north. They picked a newer stadium that is attractive and not run down. They want a good experience.

This is a decision that is about the future of neutral site championship games. They are testing how much money they can make and the possibility of making two more "mini-superbowls".

Don't you think for one $econd that if they can make more money by neutral site games that they won't take away the home team advantage of the AFCCG and NFCCG. They are testing to see how much they can make and if it's enough, neutral site championship games will become a regular thing.

The makes Atlanta makes more sense then. At least from the league's POV.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post

I know you are a conspiracy guy so I will take this with a grain of salt, but I have to admit your logic here does make sense.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I know you are a conspiracy guy so I will take this with a grain of salt, but I have to admit your logic here does make sense.
    It does. Maximize income and make it as even a game as you can by removing the home advantage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    It does. Maximize income and make it as even a game as you can by removing the home advantage.
    Will say if that's the intent then they need to be open to playing cold weather games at least for the Champ games. I think you'd have to throw cold weather/non dome teams/cities a bone somewhere.

At least I would.

I'm sure the NFL will probably stay south and/or in domes lol
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Will say if that's the intent then they need to be open to playing cold weather games at least for the Champ games. I think you'd have to throw cold weather/non dome teams/cities a bone somewhere.
    Yeah, that'll be a hard one to sell, specially the northern non dome stadiums but you are right.