Page 497 of 554 FirstFirst ... 495496497498499 ... LastLast
Results 5,953 to 5,964 of 6638

Re: News/rumors 2023 season

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    One of the radio sports shows was saying if Chicago has the top pick take Williams and trade Fields to Atlanta where they have a more offensive minded coach.
    Yeah I think the Bears at this point should be hoping Fields can play well towards the end of the season to get another team to believe that they can make Fields their franchise guy and give up some good draft capital for him. Considering the Cowboys gave up a 4th for Trey Lance, the Bears should be able to get a mid/late day 2 pick for Fields if he doesn't throw up over himself over these last 6 games or so.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Have you ever seen a veteran quarterback move to WR? We've seen lots of college quarterbacks switch positions when they come in as rookies but as veterans that never happens.
    I think it's insane to think a guy who has played QB his whole life and did it well enough to get drafted in the 1st round and play and win games at the NFL level would ever switch positions just because he's fast or athletic. The Bears are a clown show, it's damn near impossible to figure out what's wrong with them but I'm pretty sure Fields is nowhere near the 32nd ranked QB playing right now. And if that guy ain't switching positions, why the hell should Fields? By numbers alone, since some teams carry 3 QBs, you'd have to be the 70th ranked QB before a position switch would even enter your mind.

Moore is one of the higest paid receivers in the NFL. He's doing fine
    Playing for perennial losers is my point, ask Roquan how it feels being with the Bears or the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Playing for perennial losers is my point, ask Roquan how it feels being with the Bears or the Ravens.
    Yeah, Fields is better than the shit org he plays for.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    One of the radio sports shows was saying if Chicago has the top pick take Williams and trade Fields to Atlanta where they have a more offensive minded coach.
    That's what I have been saying, and why I disagree it will be a shit franchise for a new head coach to land.

If Fields plays well maybe you flip him for a second round pick. That gives the Bears Williams plus what might end up being the fifth overall pick, and then two seconds and two seconds next year, too. That's a lot to work with. Perennial shit franchises like Jacksonville, Houston, Cleveland and Detroit, to name a few, eventually find ways to win despite themselves. I'd certainly rather go to Chicago over Cleveland, Carolina, LAC, or even the Jets.
    "That's what."
    She

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I think it's insane to think a guy who has played QB his whole life and did it well enough to get drafted in the 1st round and play and win games at the NFL level would ever switch positions just because he's fast or athletic. The Bears are a clown show, it's damn near impossible to figure out what's wrong with them but I'm pretty sure Fields is nowhere near the 32nd ranked QB playing right now. And if that guy ain't switching positions, why the hell should Fields? By numbers alone, since some teams carry 3 QBs, you'd have to be the 70th ranked QB before a position switch would even enter your mind.

yep I agree. I've seen bits of a few of their games and he can flash but also make some dumb mistakes. Does he have enough talent around him and in the offensive play calling? I don't know. It will be curious to see whether they think they can build around him or if they pull the plug and reset. They could add Marvin Harris Jr and Joe Alt and that would be a damn good start. But my guess is they just won't pass up on a chance to draft Caleb Williams.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Yeah, Fields is better than the shit org he plays for.
    I agree with this. My boy likes the Bears, so I've been watching Fields quite a bit. Not the best, but not trash heap either, could do better in half other teams or behind a good online. There's no way he ends up a backup next year.

Blog Entries

Cool Re: News/rumors 2023 season

Have you (Rxdoxx) ever seen a veteran quarterback move to WR? We've seen lots of college quarterbacks switch positions when they come in as rookies but as veterans that never happens.
    Sure, lookie here :

https://www.nfl.com/videos/trick-pla...or-43-yard-rec

... Bc

Blog Entries

Have you ever seen a veteran quarterback move to WR? We've seen lots of college quarterbacks switch positions when they come in as rookies but as veterans that never happens.
    Yeah, can't come up with one, thought maybe Kordell Stewart (Slash) but nope, QB, except when he punted for us ;) I had forgotten whis when I went checking
    Stewart was signed in 2004 by the Ravens to play a backup role to Kyle Boller, and later served as a replacement for the injured Anthony Wright. He did not, however, throw a pass that season. He was unexpectedly successful as an emergency replacement for punter Dave Zastudil, being named NFL Special Teams Player of the Week for his performance. He was released following the 2004 season, but due to an injury to starting quarterback Kyle Boller during Week #1 of the 2005 season, the Ravens once again signed Stewart to be a backup to Anthony Wright.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kordell_Stewart
    Do remember QBs switching after college like Rex Kern, didn't remember why Joe Thomas cut him

Kern was selected in the tenth round of the 1971 NFL Draft by the defending NFL champion Baltimore Colts and played in all fourteen games in his rookie season, supplanting Jim Duncan as starting cornerback. He only made five starts in 1972 due to a recurrence of his back injury, and recovered to play a full season in 1973, with two interceptions.

Kern was the Colts' National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) representative during the union's strike prior to the 1974 season. After the strike ended, he was waived when Baltimore general manager Joe Thomas acted on his threat to cut players who had walked out. Kern played eight games with the Buffalo Bills that season before ending his career as an active player due to chronic back problems.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Kern
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Yeah, can't come up with one, thought maybe Kordell Stewart (Slash) but nope, QB, except when he punted for us ;) I had forgotten whis when I went checking

Do remember QBs switching after college like Rex Kern, didn't remember why Joe Thomas cut him
    I remember lots of college QBs switching when the got to the NFL. Just off the top of my head:

Hines Ward
    Julian Edelman
    Tom Tupa - He was drafted to be the backup QB for the Cardinals and became a starting Punter
    Antwaan Randle-El
    Eric Crouch - He won the Heisman at Nebraska as a QB and was first a WR and then a Safety in the NFL
    Bert Emmanual - He is now famous for the catch rules being redefined because of his play
    Michael Robinson - He was sort of a Kordell Stewart type but not good enough to be a NFL QB
    Taysom Hill - He is listed this year as a 'TE' in reality he is a football god. TE, WR, QB and he leads the Saints in special teams snaps. Just an awesome talent. I used to think that Adalius Thomas was the coolest player and Taysom Hill took it to a whole new level

Rex Kern was before my time and not a big enough name that I would know. All of these guys were marginal NLF prospects. Fields was a top QB prospect drafted in the 1st round. The closest thing I can think of was last of the Tim Tebow comebacks with the Jaguars. He tried to become a TE but couldn't even handle the most basic blocking assignment and didn't make the team.

Unless Fields wanted to switch he's going to be a QB. It's like Polian saying that Lamar should positions. Never was going to happen because the player resisted it and there was enough talent that teams would continue to give him opportunities at QB

Blog Entries

Aaron Rodgers has become a total attention whore

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Panthers have Jim Caldwell on staff and gave interim HC duties to the ST coach. Nobody with options will want that job, it looks extremely dysfunctional there.
    Belichick rumors are he goes to the Panthers but it might be Tepper trying to lure him in.