Page 41 of 554 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 ... LastLast

Re: News/rumors 2023 season

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I highly doubt many think that way. It's more like both parties should do what they feel is in their best interests. Your evil BILLIONAIRES are free to do what they wish. It's their money. Not yours. Not mine. Do you want someone telling you what to do w/YOUR money? LOL.....I know the answer. Same goes for the players. Get what you can and go play ball. Greed inhabits people on both "sides". If you'd open up both eyes instead of looking through just one, you'd be surprised what you might see.
    Oh my god this is so so so so wrong. It is literally OUR money. The owner does not spend ANY of his own money on the team. Steve does not lose a single penny on the Ravens. NFL franchises technically require zero ownership since the NFL is a revenue sharing operation that derives player compensation from the NFL’s salary cap. Some of y’all I swear …
    When spider webbs unite, they can tie up a lion

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin Humphrey View Post
    Oh my god this is so so so so wrong. It is literally OUR money. The owner does not spend ANY of his own money on the team. Steve does not lose a single penny on the Ravens. NFL franchises technically require zero ownership since the NFL is a revenue sharing operation that derives player compensation from the NFL’s salary cap. Some of y’all I swear …
    He’s making money and was paying back the loans he took out to buy the rest of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    He’s making money and was paying back the loans he took out to buy the rest of the team.
    Dick Cass was a guest lecturer at the Robert H Smith business school at UMD while I was attending there eight years ago (fuck that makes me feel so old to say haha). He had like a six session or something like that seminar about sports business and I signed up and sat in on all the lectures.

He pretty much walked us through the entire process of Steve buying and owning the team (Cass was his lawyer). If I’m not mistaken he also advised Jerry Jones and the former Commanders owners.

#1 … Cass told Steve not to buy the team (and admitted during the lectures how awful that advice would have been). Cass did not anticipate the surge in franchise cost … I.e. the Ravens have almost sextupled in price since Steve bought the team.

#2 … Whatever interest Steve had on his original loans were offset by the massive tax benefits he received against his income.

I’ll try and find my notes from those lectures sometime this weekend.

4. Re: News/rumors 2023 season

Just when I thought I'd seen some crazy posts on here.....along you come. Thanks!!

Dick Cass was a guest lecturer at the Robert H Smith business school at UMD while I was attending there eight years ago (fuck that makes me feel so old to say haha). He had like a six session or something like that seminar about sports business and I signed up and sat in on all the lectures.

He pretty much walked us through the entire process of Steve buying and owning the team (Cass was his lawyer). If I’m not mistaken he also advised Jerry Jones and the former Commanders owners.

#1 … Cass told Steve not to buy the team (and admitted during the lectures how awful that advice would have been). Cass did not anticipate the surge in franchise cost … I.e. the Ravens have almost sextupled in price since Steve bought the team.

#2 … Whatever interest Steve had on his original loans were offset by the massive tax benefits he received against his income.

I believe he bought 40% of the Ravens from Modell for $400 million with the option to buy the rest when he wanted to get out. Not sure what the rest was.

They could win their division with a better Quarterback.
    Exactly. Their D is still good got one of the top young WR and slant boi coming back 100%. Need draft OL and hopefully a healthy QB and they are back in the mix easy

Blog Entries

I believe he bought 40% of the Ravens from Modell for $400 million with the option to buy the rest when he wanted to get out. Not sure what the rest was.
    Even less. It was $275 for 49% and then another $325 for the remaining 51%

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Your evil BILLIONAIRES are free to do what they wish. It's their money. Not yours.
    Oh my god this is so so so so wrong. It is literally OUR money.
    You're both right to a degree.

Capitalism says owners and employees should both compete to get as much as possible. For decades we worshiped capitalism and mocked 'snowflakes' who fretted about society as a whole.

The pendulum as swung back more recently as Gen Z overtakes myopic thinking. Already CEOs, for gods sake, have pledged to not put shareholder profit over employees, and now, even over communities.

But we're still capitalistic society and it doesn't mean people shouldn't have a chance to work hard and prosper.
    "That's what."
    — She

"Hip drop tackle" enters my brain for the first time ever.
    "That's what."
    — She

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

That would be awesome! Thank you for sharing this!