Foi Gras Banned in Chicago

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5273296.stm?ls

More government sticking their nose into people's lives, this time decreeing what they can and can't eat (or purchase, at least).

While we're at it, let's just ban chicken (have you seen an overcrowded chicken farm lately?), pork & beef (slaugherhouses ain't no picnic) and you have to admit sticking a hook in a fish's mouth before suffocating it isn't exactly pleasant.

This is simply a small part of the animal rights douchebags' agenda to outlaw the serving of all meat, aided and abetted by a clueless councilman, who admits to not being fully aware of all the facts and hearing about it from some equally idiotic Hollywood type who apparently used to be in M.A.S.H.

I have to give kudos to the French where it is due - protecting it from E.U. interference by claiming it as part of the country's intrinsic heritage and hence making it untouchable. They may have a lot wrong with them, but they don't take any crap when it comes to messing with their food and drink.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Foi Gras Banned in Chicago

But sponsors of the new ban say the issue is not one of choice but one of values.
    Not to turn this into an abortion thread, but if I made this argument about abortion to these very same people I bet they would scoff and call me a religious nut. It's cool to use this in protecting geese, but not humans. </SOAPBOX>

The rest of your take is dead on, if they can regulate this food they can tell us we can't eat anything grown or produced in a manner they don't approve of.

3. Re: Foi Gras Banned in Chicago

Interesting that they banned something that most people don't eat, but they haven't banned veal, Kobe beef or KFC. Chicago politics at it's finest.

One would think they should be able to challenge this law on the grounds that the establishments that do serve it are being unfairly targeted, while other similar products are not being legislated.

Ultimately, if Mayor Daley goes out and orders some foi gras, this law would be repealed faster than you can say "foi gras".

Re: Foi Gras Banned in Chicago

Selling foi gras is not a bad thing.

Torturing a goose is.

Love the animals. God has given them the rudiments of thought and joy untroubled. Do not trouble it, don't harass them, don't deprive them of their happiness, don't work against God's intent.
    - Dostoyevsky
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM