Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McCarthy

McCarthy

I'm really enjoying watching these 'rebels' rip out his heart. He's giving them everything and they not budging. I really believe that they don't trust him. He's not even fighting back. Weak.

What's funny is that some of these rules are ideas shared by the progressives. If I was honest, I respect their conviction. How will this end? Great TV.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: McCarthy

I think the most positive aspect of this is that the public is finally getting to see what Congress is supposed to look like and be about - debate.

As an institution, Congress has gotten away from debate. They don't debate bills anymore. People in some back room write monster bills and then they're presented to Congress with just a few hours to review before voting. There is no debate. People are just voting on party lines at that point. The founders of this country are rolling over in their graves at the sight of Congress the past several years.

Thing is, it's not a Democrat thing. It's a Republican thing too and that's what the hardline Republicans are rallying against. Kevin McCarthy has been a fixture in DC for 15 years and has been part of the DC establishment. McCarthy is kind of the same as Mitch McConnell. They're career politicians that are part of the DC "crew" and prioritize that over the American public.

The quandary is what do they do now? McCarthy doesn't have the votes and the Democratic party is just going to vote in line with Hakeem Jeffries.

All of this is why the Republican party's mid-term results were shitty. It's why the 2024 Presidential race is going to be shitty. It's why the RNC is shitty.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

If Elon Musk is so great why is he speaking out for McCarthy? He should make a poll with all of the nominees. It'd be interesting to compare (twitter) public opinion compared to how representatives are voting.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think the most positive aspect of this is that the public is finally getting to see what Congress is supposed to look like and be about - debate.

As an institution, Congress has gotten away from debate. They don't debate bills anymore. People in some back room write monster bills and then they're presented to Congress with just a few hours to review before voting. There is no debate. People are just voting on party lines at that point. The founders of this country are rolling over in their graves at the sight of Congress the past several years.

Thing is, it's not a Democrat thing. It's a Republican thing too and that's what the hardline Republicans are rallying against. Kevin McCarthy has been a fixture in DC for 15 years and has been part of the DC establishment. McCarthy is kind of the same as Mitch McConnell. They're career politicians that are part of the DC "crew" and prioritize that over the American public.
    Completely agree. Congress is supposed to have meaningful debate, not bloated omnibus bills handed down from on high followed by party line votes.

I'm not sure people like Gaetz and Boebert really care that much about good governance. To me they are just shameless self-promoters. But the way congress currently operates incentivizes that. You don't really get to legislate in congress, but you can at least build a brand doing performative rage theater on the floor and on cable news.
    Last edited by Kyle Cactus; 01-05-2023 at 04:58 PM.

5. Re: McCarthy

They should bring in someone from the outside, that isn't even a politician. I know, it's all way too partisan to see that, but that is what is needed. It's doable, too. Who? I have no idea. Imagine.

It's a pipe dream, but I'd love it if they brought in Justin Amash.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

The quandary is what do they do now? McCarthy doesn't have the votes and the Democratic party is just going to vote in line with Hakeem Jeffries.

All of this is why the Republican party's mid-term results were shitty. It's why the 2024 Presidential race is going to be shitty. It's why the RNC is shitty.
    I actually agree with what theses guys are saying. I had no idea the a select few just pass laws without the whole group. Each speaker of the 'rebels', including Boebert, make a lot of sense. Especially Chip Roy. I like how they are centering it as something all members should want. Their presentation has been great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Completely agree. Congress is supposed to have meaningful debate, not bloated omnibus bills handed down from on high followed by party line votes.

I'm not sure people like Gaetz and Boebert really care that much about good governance. To me they are just shameless self-promoters. But the way congress currently operates incentivizes that. You don't really get to legislate in congress, but you can at least build a brand doing performative rage theater on the floor and on cable news.
    I view them as the GOP versions of the AOC squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    It's a pipe dream, but I'd love it if they brought in Justin Amash.
    Check out this video. Amash lays it down

https://youtu.be/Ywqt6ThH1bM

Had a bad link at first

10. Re: McCarthy

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post

Had a bad link at first

Yeah. Thanks for sharing. I like what he has to say and would 100% back him. The House needs this and now is a great time to change it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post

Had a bad link at first

Thanks. Amash is great at explaining these issues and articulating his perspective. I always enjoy listening to both him and Sasse. Both are skilled advocates for the core ideas of American democracy.

It's good the GOP are recruiting some real brothers on their side. I love this response:

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/stat...xjwaSAUSw&s=19