Adult Flag Football

Anybody here ever sign up to an Adult FFL? This sounds like a fun idea to not only get a good cardio workout but I also really miss playing football. I didn't realize some of these leagues out there actually get acknowledged pretty good
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Adult Flag Football

Maybe 20 years ago or more. I am about to turn 60 and wouldn't last very long, LOL. I do play softball and officiate HS and rec basketball, sometimes doing 6 or more games in a day (rare but it happens when we are short). But reffing basketball involves me running half court on fast breaks then watching for a while. And if I am lucky the game won't have a lot of quick transitions like fast breaks.

I play in a 8 on 8 all receiver eligible flag football league in Jarrettsville. It's 5 yards contact, no contact after 5 yards, but it can get testy! It has guys in there 20s to upper 30s with a few 40 old sprinkles. I maybe the oldest or next oldest player at 48. I think their was a 50 + plus player a couple years ago. You can do it and it's a pretty competitive league.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Anybody here ever sign up to an Adult FFL? This sounds like a fun idea to not only get a good cardio workout but I also really miss playing football. I didn't realize some of these leagues out there actually get acknowledged pretty good
    I have been playing there and previously with Volo (formerly Bmore Social) for about 7 years. The Volo league is fast and young, but not as competitive. The games are shorter too and they play on artificial turf which can beat you up and injure you if you play reckless.

Can I buy a franchise? I got a couple hundred bucks......maybe the Essex franchise? They can play at Pizza John's field at Stemmers run middle school. No way I am playing against a bunch of 20-30 some. I tell people the furthest I am going to run is to the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim5 View Post
    I play in a 8 on 8 all receiver eligible flag football league in Jarrettsville. It's 5 yards contact, no contact after 5 yards, but it can get testy! It has guys in there 20s to upper 30s with a few 40 old sprinkles. I maybe the oldest or next oldest player at 48. I think their was a 50 + plus player a couple years ago. You can do it and it's a pretty competitive league.
    You play at 48? Attaboy!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Can I buy a franchise? I got a couple hundred bucks......maybe the Essex franchise? They can play at Pizza John's field at Stemmers run middle school. No way I am playing against a bunch of 20-30 some. I tell people the furthest I am going to run is to the bathroom.
    Ill send you my tape and hopefully that doesn't discourage you from sponsoring me. Just don't mind the 2009 time stamp? It's totally recent.. totally.

Quote Originally Posted by ThankyouArt! View Post
    Team fee IIRC is $750 per season. Could be more now.

If you are talking about buying the whole league, I am going to tell you that some leagues have fetched a pretty penny to be bought out.